• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Failed... what next? (2 Viewers)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by Wohzazz
that is for the few passionate people in our world who really really want to get into a course to pursue their passion. but if they are THAT passionate about their work, shouldnt they get the required UAI for entry at any of the top unis??
not necessarily, considering that the hsc doesnt cater for everyone's interests, some subjects aren't available at some schools etc, and, simply, not everyone can achieve at the level required for a high UAI. for example, someone could be wicked passionate about curing the sick, and want to do medicine, but in reality, only a very small number of people get into that course and that person may miss out if they are not highly intelligent. its really sad :(

Originally posted by Giant Lobster
-or- if im money hungry, and i have the uai, ill go opto. NOT cos i want to help ppl... fuck em, i want to sell glasses at a 12000% profit :p
i want glasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
i want glasses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wait 5-6 years and then our heartless optometrist lobster can make them for you :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
its "i want moneys" NOT " i want to pay a tonne of moneys" :p

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by nitemare*bythec
ever thought bout fullfee?
Hes driven by money. Full fee costs money, :. it does not make him money, :. he won't do it. OK I'll stop dissecting his brain now.

Giant Lobster

HSC
lol i refuse to believe those $100+ glasses u get can't be mass-produced by sweatshops in Laos for the $1 worth of raw materials they are made of.

Giant Lobster

HSC
actually i shud shut up now... im beginning to sound like my fully cheap friend :p

Id happily pay full fee if i could afford it though.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
lol i refuse to believe those $100+ glasses u get can't be mass-produced by sweatshops in Laos for the $1 worth of raw materials they are made of.
Its not the man hours, but the purchase and maintenance of the precision machinery I believe.

Giant Lobster

HSC
lol yeh ino... "them things" :p
hmmm what's engineering flex first year do? What part of it makes it "flexible" exactly?

Wohzazz

HSC
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
not necessarily, considering that the hsc doesnt cater for everyone's interests, some subjects aren't available at some schools etc, and, simply, not everyone can achieve at the level required for a high UAI. for example, someone could be wicked passionate about curing the sick, and want to do medicine, but in reality, only a very small number of people get into that course and that person may miss out if they are not highly intelligent. its really sad :(
but what i'm saying is that their passion for a particular field of work will drive to them work really hard to get the required UAI. And this is true for most of the courses, except maybe law and medicine which may still be out of reach. But you know what they say, 'if there is a will, there's a way.'

..and on top of that we need intelligent people to be our doctors, our lawyers and other leading occupations. Wouldn't want us being more intelligent than our attorneys or else we might as well argue for ourselves

Last edited:

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by Wohzazz
but what i'm saying is that their passion for a particular field of work will drive to them work really hard to get the required UAI. And this is true for most of the courses, except maybe law and medicine which may still be out of reach. But you know what they say, 'if there is a will, there's a way.'
yeh i know what you mean, and i agree with you to an extent, i just felt like i had to make my point because i doubt i'll ever get into the course i want to do, as passionate as i feel about it... :(

Giant Lobster

HSC
if there's a will, there's a way, but the will isn't always strong enough to walk that way... then u end up walkin the wrong way and 5 years down the line, WHAM! ur another commerce graduate. And you wonder why.

Wohzazz

HSC
if there's a will, there's a way, but the will isn't always strong enough to walk that way... then u end up walkin the wrong way and 5 years down the line, WHAM! ur another commerce graduate. And you wonder why.
Doesn't hold for all circumstances but it is just another motivating quote heard, taken and recorded to inspire people. Despite this, with perseverence we will nearly ALWAYS get what we want. Fail to get into a course you want? Try graduate entry.:p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
lol yeh ino... "them things" :p
hmmm what's engineering flex first year do? What part of it makes it "flexible" exactly?
You can pick what stream you want to do after first year (ie you have another year to make up your mind)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
if you fail its simple....just commit suicide..LOL

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Estel
Honestly, if you're the sort that's going to repeat at TAFE, you have NO CHANCE to do law...
If you miss by a tiny bit, do it at UNSW, or transfer. I believe lazarus did that.
There is always Graduate Law, which will take an extra year. Don't give up. :)

Note to teh winnar: when you're a little more judicious with your caps, do you notice it has a bit more impact? :p
you've got no clue.. at tafe, if he/she has already done it.. it will be easy for them to do it again.. all fresh and they know the material.. basicaly concreting all their knowledge and making sure they know everything. I just recommend if you dont have to do english.. dont.. keep your previous grade and jus take on other subjects.. reason is the english syllabus would have changed but all the other subjects remain except for economics i guess and i dont know what else. Good luck, however UNI > tafe.. so depending on wat u want to do.. it is upto u.. i believe it would be a easier year to do it at tafe than to take on a whole new course at uni..

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Well my argument about being the best wasn't about making more money, however noble that end may be. :)
You don't really have anything different to offer, or perhaps you're not passionate about it and didn't do the work needed, if you didn't make that degree... it's not like you're competing for one position.

*Watch position change as my HSC approaches*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)