• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

failing hsc and only 2 terms left help (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daina

HSC
ahhhhhh..... please help i've only got 2 terms till the hsc begins and i'm not sure if i'm going to get the uai i wanted as ive failed or just passed ONLY one of my tests in every subject in which one was worth over 30%. Does that mean my dream of going to university is over?
:worried:

i need to get 70 uai but i'm not sure if i can get it. One of my test scores was 9/23:headbang: and my highest is 37/37

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
relax .. even in 2 terms or even one u can study really hard and get even high than wat u need
althoughj ur hsc is in 2008 so i dont know why ur even fussing ? ppl get realy crappy marks now but its just motivates them to try harder and they end up with marks of 80s and 90s ( when they started of with 40s and 50s)

daina

HSC
um.... i am in year 12.....(damn must of made a mistake in my profile my life is over noooooooooooooooo..

sufay

HSC
i am in year 12 at this moment...
stress is probly making you like this...

just try your best...
even if you do fail your hsc... there are planety of places to go and get what you want...
its not the end of the world.... just dont give yourself pressure and stess yourself.. its the worst you can do...

just try your best,...

its not what mark you get its howmuch effort and the best results you can get,..

HSC
of course it is. you've still got most of your school assessments to go (which contribute to 50% of your HSC mark) and the other 50% (final HSC exam) to go. theres plenty more opportunities for you to improve, however you must put the work in so you can improve.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
haha,..
its not like you're going for a 99.95 Uai..
then perhaps your life would be over...

70- You can make it up!
YEHA!

haystack

HSC
N/A
stress less, u think ur stressed now wait til u get half way through it, u gota relax and 4get the past and make new changes so u can go beta.

kkkkaitlyn

HSC
hmmm im in a similar situation as i hav got 40% for 2 of my half yearlies,, but went fine in the others.. i am hoping i can get my act together and improve and get a reasonable uai.. hmm i can only hope

SilverXIII

HSC
Yup, i know exactly how you feel. I'm int he same situation as you.. well..almost. I dont need a high UAI, only 73, but i want to aim to get 90...

I never ever passed a chemistry exam before lol. But i think taht school assessments are all about the position that you are in ur class. And your position will be compared with your results from the HSC exam. Well that was what i was told, so if you're not the only one doing bad in your class, then it should be alright for u.

The hard bit now is to stop procrastinating (omg this word is so common now) and do our work :D i wish u luck. I just went to my brother's graduation 2 days ago (around 300+ people graduated.. 2 hours...) and i hope i could be one of them :D

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i've found a good tactic is to stop thinking about the uai

try taking it like you're in year 11, just focus on whats ahead of you right now, dont worry about 6mnths down the track :)

HSC
yeah good plan. if you think about the uai all you will do is waste time and think about is what you might "need" to get the uai you want, instead of doing your best and getting the uai you deserve...

defaultPlayer

HSC
i'm just wondering how do you guys get motivated to study? study habits? i feel like i have bad study habits. Sometimes i do good in test sometimes i do mediocre. I want to start improving them before its too late :)

daina

HSC
Phew.. theres still hope thanks for the great advice guys and giving me a little encouragement i will definetly be changing my study habits from now on i just hope it's not too late ....... anyways i will try my best to strive for that 73.00 uai that i so desperately want.....
Thanks guys :wave:

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
-pari- said:
i've found a good tactic is to stop thinking about the uai

try taking it like you're in year 11, just focus on whats ahead of you right now, dont worry about 6mnths down the track :)
Yay!! UAI? What UAI?
HSC? We're in year 12, what is this abbreviation? Eeeeeeee. :3

Like everyone has said, just work really hard and i'm sure you will make it up. The way I see it is we all still have a long way to go before our exams, so if you keep up some consistent marks you'll still be able to make it into uni ~ If not there are always other ways to get in, but try hard and believe in yourself! You can do it!

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Put a bit of work into it and it should be fine. REmember to cram a lot, do heaps of study, practice questions, ask questions to teachers, use textbooks as a resource, and MOST OF ALL BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!

I believe in you and you can do it. Two terms is a lot to improve.
I'll tell you something. In half yearlies last year, I got 52% in English and then in yearlies, I paid heaps of attention to the teacher, studied really hard, read heaps of books, memorised all the language techniques there is, practised writing newspaper articles, etc, and then I got 72%. A massive 20% improvement. As well as that, I managed to get a B from a C in the extended response section and managed to pass average. Two terms is enough to do well in anything.

Try harder and dont give up. I know you can do it. :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Reading through few posts here, everyone seems to have said that 'working hard' is the best solution. I personally disagree.

'Working hard' is just not a practical solution to all the academic problems. That is because there are people out there who are not used to 'working hard'. You need to have had habit of doing that. You can't just work hard whenever you want. 'Working hard' is a habit where you should have built since the Preliminary or earlier.

The best advice I can give is that you should think of alternatives. There are so many ways in which you can achieve your goal. I had so many friends at my school who could not choose the subjects they wanted, so they chose subjects they had no idea about. But in the end, those subjects they were forced to choose became their best subjects and the subjects they deliberately chose became their worst (I know that it is not a common scenario). TAFE or Private colleges provide really good courses thesedays and I highly recommend.

However, in any circumstances, I advise you to try your best. You still have exams to go. Try your best in that. If you try your best and don't get the result, that will tell you that it is not the career path you should take.

'Trying your best' is different from 'studying hard'. Don't stress if you fail to achieve the standards you were aiming at. It happens all the time to me. :uhhuh:

leoyh

mic`
HSC
sometimes its not about just studying and working hard, its about studying the right thing.

study the bits that you're weak at or that commonly come up in exams so you know when you see it, you can nail it. look at trends from past hsc papers to see what you could get marked down on or what could boost your marks and focus on those areas. Don't just limit yourself to studying one thing and after you finish, think that you're 'done'. Although it may work at times, its not good to limit yourself to just that one thing. Even taking a brief look at other resources can help

the hsc after all, is about how much work you put into it. hence, a lot of nerds do well (not to say that everyone who does well is a nerd - some people are naturally smart and pick up things really quickly and barely need to study). the hsc is more about memory than real intelligence and ability. so just keep working and you'll be fine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)