• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Failing outcomes of prelim and may be not go onto year 12? Urgent help (1 Viewer)

Blake Henderson

HSC
I have n awards for four subjects and i was given forms to sign and appeal to the board of studies for those subjects and im not sure what chances i have if i complete these n awards i literally have minimum two in each of the four subjects. Am i going to fail and can someone please explain what this appeal is and the chances. I gotta hand this appeal in on the 14th and do n awards by the following monday. The n awards are fine but im more stressed about this appeal crap.

Blake Henderson

HSC
Need advice on what to do and the chances if i complete these n awards. Ive knuckled down and i am 120% commited on going to university but this stuff is stressful and not sure on chances because contused about this appeal stuff

turntaker

HSC
Why did you get N-Award in the first place though.. -.-

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't find much on 'N Awards'

To satisfactorily complete a course, students must:

* follow the course developed or endorsed by the Board
* apply themselves with diligence and sustained effort
* achieve some or all of the course outcomes.

Satisfactory completion can be judged by attendance, level of involvement in class, assignments and tasks completed, and level of achievement. Failure to meet one or more of these requirements may lead to an 'N' or 'Non-completion' determination. An 'N' determination for a course may make a student ineligible for the HSC.

Blake Henderson

HSC
I mucked around not taking school seriously. Ive been chasing the n awards for ages and gave them to teachers and they said it wasnt good enough. Then i come back second day of school and told i gotta do appeal and hand jn in like two weeks (next mon from when i reply this).

Holohka

HSC
Help, sorry for piggybacking your thread but I also got the n award, got a extra day due to req teacher being away, and have done my subject work for the letters, but I have no idea how to write the actual appeal form! Advice please?
Subject is SoR, skimped it for others and failed my two tests getting myself this. Yr 11

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)