Faking logbook hours (1 Viewer)

pt1

HSC
What should be the general kms/hr? Is it that easy to get away with it? Cause most of my friends have told me that approx. 80% of their logbook is forged lol. Some even say that their instructors encouraged them to do it as well cause 120hrs is abit excessive. Whats your take on this?

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
lol just drive around for 1 hour and see how far you've travel then just give a number around that for each time
yeah, it's easy from what I've heard/experienced. there was a page where I accidently wrote a whole list of my plate number instead of my odometer and they didn't even notice. just put the cumulative amt of hours at the bottom of each page. generally, the instructor just flips through the pages swiftly.

Rixon

swirv
HSC
120hrs is easy...

if you must
the speed should suit the journey
if you're driving in the city have an average speed of less than 50km/hr
if you're driving on the highway have an average speed of 80km/hr
etc etc

i'm not sure how other places do it but when i got my Ps they don't look at that stuff anyway
the woman just went through my book making sure the total hours didn't randomly jump e.g. on one page i have 3 hours, the next page i have 100

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Go to google maps, check how many km/time it should take, add on a bit more to the time.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Glad riders dont have to do logbooks.

LadyLaLa

HSC
When I drove I had an instructor. He would just casually put in fake hours while I drove. He did this not only for me but for others he taught as well (You can imagine how much crap he would get into if he got caught... but no he didn't). I drove around 60 hours but logged close to 130 hours. Really, the examiners don't care as long as you can show them that you can drive on the day you're being examined. So if you can't drive then there's no point in faking the hours cause you wouldn't get your license anyways...

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The hours are there so you might pick up skills in adverse conditions ( rain, fog, etc).
Driving on a perfect day might be good, but come your test youd be stuffed if its pissing down.

Annihilist

HSC
I want to fake mine so I can focus on driving at any time, in any condition, for any length, without having to write all the shit down. I can focus on getting the skills down, instead of just accumulating time; the former is infinitely more valuable in my opinion.

My dad, however, thinks otherwise.

Rixon

swirv
HSC
you can focus on driving any time/condition/length
all you have to do is write down a few things before and after you finish driving
it takes maybe 30 seconds i don't see the big fuss

later on in life if you get a company car you will (most probably) have to log all your journeys

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i remember when my parents used to complain about p-platers and i thought they were just whining about the younger generation because that's what old people do

Now that I have my P's and drive a lot more I've noticed that the vast majority of p-plater's ARE shit drivers who are a danger on the roads, most probably because they lacked the discipline to work through all their hours imo

D94

HSC
N/A
Or you could drive for like 20 minutes, but write it as 40 minutes. Drive for an hour, write it as 1.5 hours etc. As long as you're not going to kill someone in your driving or rack up some nice insurance payment, then you can write it as so.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I did 40 real hours of driving. Fudged the rest. 120 hours is just too much. If you're sane and basically have the qbility of working 2 breaks, a steering wheel and your mirrors you should be fine. I don't know why they ask for 120 hours. What I did was I went onto a website that showed the weather on all the days for that hear and I copied down the date along wig the weather. all my odometer readings and times were forged. Still got my ps first go.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Halve the hours but make all learners take 10 hours of lessons I say.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
But seriously there are so many shit instructors out there. Esp the ones around my area...facepalm. my parents taught me how to drive. Never got a lesson but it was stressful. Copped a few swear words and slaps while driving lol. And they get scared real quick. If you make one mistake, they'll flip faster than pancakes.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
But seriously there are so many shit instructors out there. Esp the ones around my area...facepalm. my parents taught me how to drive. Never got a lesson but it was stressful. Copped a few swear words and slaps while driving lol. And they get scared real quick. If you make one mistake, they'll flip faster than pancakes.
Of course they are scared, a 16 yr old person in control of a 1.5ton rolling block of steel is not enough of a reason?
Parents breed bad habits when it comes to teaching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)