Faking Your 120 log book hours (1 Viewer)

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
just a random q cause cbf making a new thread -

say you're at an intersection with traffic lights and you're in the right lane and want to turn right. the traffic lights goes green for straight but the arrow remains black (actually doesn't matter if the arrow is there for this question) - on the other side cars are going straight so you can't turn yet, gotta wait until theres a safe gap, but my question is - are we meant to wait behind the white line when trying to turn or can we nudge the nose of our car ahead (ie. our car halfway over the white line) to enable a quicker turn?

i see everyone + my parents included do this, but i was thinking the RTA would't like it becaus of the whole 'safety' thing in case someone runs a red light.

sorry if my q was abit confusing lol

You move out into the intersection a few metres, but don't turn the wheel at all. When the light goes yellow and the cars are no longer passing through, you are allowed to turn, even if the light goes red during. The cars at the cross street, which lights may turn green, have to wait until the intersection is clear.

If you are the second car in line, however, you have to wait until the car in front turns before you break the white line.

I went and asked this just before my test.

HSC
Uni Grad
I dont fake.

I'm at 90 hours after 2 years 1 month on L's.

lol

Though it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

wrxstippp

HSC
hey people im going for my Ps test in 4 days at padstow rta and just wondering how do they look at your logbook and do they ask you questions ive cheated 20 hours out of the 120 i done.

Rabbitoh

HSC
hey people im going for my Ps test in 4 days at padstow rta and just wondering how do they look at your logbook and do they ask you questions ive cheated 20 hours out of the 120 i done.
Not if it looks legit. Like if they happen to see a trip where the k's don't add up or it's a really long trip they might ask the question, but generally you should be alright.

diesel lee

HSC
Sure, you can fake all you want. But look whats been happening in the news lately. Some random teenager gets nailed, while on her L's, with her mates, driving to maccas. Now, that is totally illegal, you CANT drive without a full licensed driver with you. And she did it, and look what happened. She's dead and so are her mates, she wrapped the car around a tree. If you fake your hours, and can't drive for peanuts.....
1. RTA will know, and will probably grill you with a thousand questions about this and that. And they WILL fine you..and whoever signed you off, mom or dad. You will both be fined at least in the thousands and have your license taken from you. Worst case, you will most def be facing court. The RTA are Government funded Nazi's..if you haven't been able to tell that yet. They will kick your ass and then some. I've seen it happen to my mates. It's not worth it.
2. You will get ur license by a hair, but probably won't know any hazard skills needed for the road. It's a split second between you and death. You totally NEED the make instant decisions on the road, for yourself and other drivers. I know I sound like an old coot for telling you all this, but Jesus man, you cannot make a wrong decision or hesitate for a second. You will cause yourself a extremely high level of danger. Your in a metal cage, on solid asphalt. Nothing is going to save you if you can't make the split second call. That's why you do your crazy ass long hours, so you can experience the highs of driving, and also learn how to make good decisions.
I know it's a pain in the ass to do all your hours and stuff, but at least do a couple of hours with a qualified instructor or school, like L Trent. They charge a mint, but hey, at least you can kick their asses if you fail, because they promise you'll pass first go. RTA looks very favorably upon kids who go with these schools, and new laws state that you can claim three hours with every hour so long as you go with these schools. So don't be a tool, learn your stuff good, and then do whatever you like. So long as YOU KNOW what your doing out there and won't piss off or kill other drivers. That's my two cents. :D

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Someone at my work got their P's down here in VIC with a mere 20 hours. Mind you I do not park anywhere near her.

I also got my P's with limited hours, but I only ever drive on my own to/from Work. I felt that comfortable with the amount of driving I did, and it helped quite a bit seing I got my car at the start, then learnt to drive in it first rather than using my mums's bomb (you can start the car then pull the keys out and it keeps going haha) and then moving onto a 5yr old ute.

Tucker100

HSC
I have a friend who did perhaps 1 hour of driving on his L's with his mum total (out of 120). He did the rest by himself and just took the L Plates off. Drove everywhere and the day before faked the hours. He passed first go, comfortably

I've also heard that the RTA sometimes record days where it rain so they can get people, otherwise how else would they? Another friend of mine got quizzed about his hours really in depth and he did all of them 100% legit

philphie

Banned
HSC
sometimes you get lucky with the RTA and it doesn't matter. the people you hear about failing their P's are either really bad drivers or they just got a nazi instructor, sometimes you get some that are really relaxed, they converse, have the radio on, and no matter what you do they'll just let you pass.

however our tests compare nothing to what is in Finland, basically you have to learn how to drfit on dirt ground, it's rally racing over there, that's why they have the best racers.

it's funny though because my mate from Finland who went to high school here failed his P's test twice, the second time on his second last day in Australia before he went home. he wasted all that money to fail again because he thought if he got his Ps here he wouldn't have to do the test in Finland. well looks like he's got two big things come up next year: the Finnish driving test and miliatary service, both i'm quite sure he will fail at

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
when i was on my Ls i faked about 20 hours probably
and i had the meanest, most notorious testing officer at our local RTA (he fails a lot of people apparently) as my testing guy (just my luck)
and when he flipped through my book he didnt say anything
except "oh what a coincidence, you got exactly 120 hours" (in a very suss tone)
and i was like "no theres more on the next page" and he just grunted lol because he no longer had a reason to be suss of me

and i still passed with 97% hahaha... he sounded so disappointed when he told me i passed lol
so the moral of teh story is, dont stop writing in hours after exactly 120 hours because theyll get suss. maybe record like 122 hours or 124 hours.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'm faking A LOT of it, but its going to be as realistic as possible

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
I am glad i did my L's when it was only 50 hours. I faked like half of my hours and i still thought that was a lot of driving. feel sorry for you guys.

John555

HSC
120 hours??? Wtf? In Western Australia, we only have to do 25 hours.

Rianaa

HSC
I did about 50 hours and faked the rest. It's pretty easy if you start relatively early - don't leave it til the day before your test. Every week, just write in that you wrote to random places everyday. And on weekends, write you drove to like somewhere 1-2 hours away. I got my hours up really fast that way. And all they do in the test is flick through your book. Just make sure you use different pens LOL. Also, google maps is REALLY good, coz it tells you how long it will take to get from one place to another and how many kilometer's it is too.

Last edited:

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
^ I write in my logbook AFTER I get home, so each entry is in the same pen in the same handwriting. If I fail because it looks fake I will be pissed, even my RACV guy said it's the neatest book he's ever seen. Surely they can't fail you on those grounds though?

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
^ I write in my logbook AFTER I get home, so each entry is in the same pen in the same handwriting. If I fail because it looks fake I will be pissed, even my RACV guy said it's the neatest book he's ever seen. Surely they can't fail you on those grounds though?
They barely even check it, they flick through the pages... thats what happened to my buddy

If it looks real, they WILL accept it.. dont worry about it

rowdyroddy

HSC
lol i put drove to snow for 7 hours straight, 12pm-7pm
guy was like da fukkk you drove for 7 hours straight?
ah yeh u mad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)