family and world order essay predictions 2021 (1 Viewer)

hellohowslife

HSC
yess definitely
i really wanna get mc and human rights done super quick so I can spend a bit more time on the crime essay and the other two essays

ughhhghhhghgh so many essays, i wanna cry 😖

what do you think they'll ask for crime?
international or young offenders

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
for crime or fam?
for compliance for the crime topic i would do alternatives to court e.g. youth justice conferencing which encourages young offenders to comply with the law in the future, international crime - talk about some legal measures in which non-compliance is often due to state soverignty, crime prevention (particularly situational crime prevention which ensures compliance with the law --> link this to the the article ‘Drugs Dog And Drunk Tanks For Kings Cross’ (SMH 2012) “drug sniffer dogs are set to increase when police handed new powers to deploy kings cross streets and cross the rail network without warrant” “Mandatory ID scanning technology, registering details or people ejected from clubs, freeze on liquor licenses, extra police on streets and a sobering up centre”. Just a few ideas. Could also talk about the various types of penalities as the fear of punishment can effectively deter people and make them comply with the legal system.

@stressedadfff

Last edited:

stressedadfff

HSC
for compliance for the crime topic i would do alternatives to court e.g. youth justice conferencing which encourages young offenders to comply with the law in the future, international crime - talk about some legal measures in which non-compliance is often due to state soverignty, crime prevention (particularly situational crime prevention which ensures compliance with the law --> link this to the the article ‘Drugs Dog And Drunk Tanks For Kings Cross’ (SMH 2012) “drug sniffer dogs are set to increase when police handed new powers to deploy kings cross streets and cross the rail network without warrant” “Mandatory ID scanning technology, registering details or people ejected from clubs, freeze on liquor licenses, extra police on streets and a sobering up centre”. Just a few ideas. Could also talk about the various types of penalities as the fear of punishment can effectively deter people and make them comply with the legal system.

@stressedadfff
thank youuuu so i think ill do one on YJC, circle sentencing, ICOS and probs bail

also how much do you usually write i havent done an exam since last year so i cant remember whther the exam writing paper is less than a4 books cos with a4 books i def could not fit 8 pages for a single essay its sooo much tf

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
thank youuuu so i think ill do one on YJC, circle sentencing, ICOS and probs bail

also how much do you usually write i havent done an exam since last year so i cant remember whther the exam writing paper is less than a4 books cos with a4 books i def could not fit 8 pages for a single essay its sooo much tf
i have massive handwriting LOL - I usually do fill out 8 pages for my essays

My teacher said the recommended amount for crime is 5-6 pages whereas the family essay should be around 8. Tbh as long as your essay hits the mark, I don't think how many pages you write is that important. (Quality > Quantity). However, with that being said just make sure your essay isn't too short cuz a good essay needs to be comprehensive 😆

zizi2003_

HSC
@zizi2003_ @iwanttodogoodinschool
do yall know how doli incapax could apply to compliance? :/
i don't think doli incapax is a good one for compliance (i dont see how the age of criminal responsibility enforces compliance for kids?). imo, compliance related arguments work best for these dot-points:
- statutory guidelines
- police powers
- role of juries
- domestic and international measures when dealing with int crime
- purposes for sentencing
- types of penalties
- alternatives to court (esp for young offenders)
- bail or remand
++ ADVOs are really good also (though make sure u link to the legislation that established advos to make it sound like a crime essay and not fam)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)