Family cat is dead, i hate cats, everyone hates me now (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Ok that’s not exactly true, nobody hates me exactly and I don’t really hate cats, but here’s what happened.

I am allergic to cats, if someone asks I just say I hate them but it’s more complicated then that, I don’t touch them or get close to them because they make me have an asthma attack and die, really I feel indifferent to them as long as they keep away from me.

We had a cat, she was a cute little thing, very friendly and unlike her predecessors [we have had cats before] she understood not to jump on me, she didn’t put fur on the furniture, she spent a lot of time outside and over all I was basically indifferent to her because she had not much of a negative impact on my health compared to how bad it could have been
[Like with the other cats who pissed on my stuff, frequently found their way into my room and slept on my pillow, clawed the shit out of the furniture and put fur all over it, basically made my life hell]

Here’s the thing she’s only 2 years old, she got run over on the weekend and I don’t know how to feel about it. The rest of the family have been very upset, my sister came down from Sydney to bury her etc, and here I am basically standing there feeling like a douchebag because I have no bad feelings about it. Then the family turns on me, saying what would I care because I hated her anyway etc [not true, I just don’t like cats, as far as cats go she was ok]

The thing is, I did have a kind of relationship with this cat, because I stay up late I was often the only one who could let her out or back inside when it was cold, when I was get snacks I would throw her some meat and she was an excellent mouser, because I live downstairs there’s always been a bit of a mouse problem and she often stayed down with me to catch them, kind of protecting me I guess and I think she liked me because I paid attention to things she might need and I miss her.

So I am confused about my feelings here and I've got nobody to talk to because I am the "hates cats" guy and all my family are being cold to me and my friends are making dead cat jokes. She was a very friendly cat and while I am nowhere near as upset as the rest of my family I did enjoy her company and she didn’t deserve to die and I miss her.

Goodbye Cleo, you were a good pet and the closest any cat has ever come to being my friend.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
lol dead cat jokes

your family sound well spasticated man, is this an abo thing?
No, they were pretty much over it the next say, maybe still a bit sad, the thing is they think i am some cold hearted bastard or something now :( thats the real issue imo

and hell no i am not buying another cat, those animals can go and get fucked, what if it ends up being one of the 99% of cats which are psychos and scratch you up and piss on your things?
ill see if i can persuade dad to buy a dog as a replacement instead.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I wouldn't be worried about whether or not you like the cat.

I would be more worried about whether or not your family like you.
Yeah i am worried about it too, i think its just a passing thing, but it seems to be a trend. They all wear their hearts on their sleeves and i am a very guarded, insular person and if something bothers me i either dont let anything show at all, or make jokes about it. I cant really convey to them how i felt because anything i say will be considered a lie [cause i am the hates cats guy] and even if they believed me, its not much compared to how they felt anyway.

Shit like this has happened before too, my friends brother died a few months ago and i was upset about that but didnt really show it, i just made a few death jokes and then had a few drinks in his honour[after the funeral that i of course went to] and people looked at me strange then too. Just because i dont wear my heart on my sleeve and i don't really care that much about animals doesn't make me some sort of weirdo psychopath does it?

Oh well it should blow over, its not the first time a pet has died and i am sure it wont be the last.

nick1689

HSC
Am I the only one who finds it fucking hilarious that her family keeps buying cats even though it could kill him?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Ok that’s not exactly true, nobody hates me exactly and I don’t really hate cats, but here’s what happened.

I am allergic to cats, if someone asks I just say I hate them but it’s more complicated then that, I don’t touch them or get close to them because they make me have an asthma attack and die, really I feel indifferent to them as long as they keep away from me.
You can fix that nowadays. By the way, it's not the fur you're allergic to, most likely - it's the protein in their saliva.

We had a cat, she was a cute little thing, very friendly and unlike her predecessors [we have had cats before] she understood not to jump on me, she didn’t put fur on the furniture, she spent a lot of time outside and over all I was basically indifferent to her because she had not much of a negative impact on my health compared to how bad it could have been
[Like with the other cats who pissed on my stuff, frequently found their way into my room and slept on my pillow, clawed the shit out of the furniture and put fur all over it, basically made my life hell]

Here’s the thing she’s only 2 years old, she got run over on the weekend and I don’t know how to feel about it. The rest of the family have been very upset, my sister came down from Sydney to bury her etc, and here I am basically standing there feeling like a douchebag because I have no bad feelings about it. Then the family turns on me, saying what would I care because I hated her anyway etc [not true, I just don’t like cats, as far as cats go she was ok]
Not to be horrible, but if she wasn't forced to be outside, she wouldn't have been run over.

The thing is, I did have a kind of relationship with this cat, because I stay up late I was often the only one who could let her out or back inside when it was cold, when I was get snacks I would throw her some meat and she was an excellent mouser, because I live downstairs there’s always been a bit of a mouse problem and she often stayed down with me to catch them, kind of protecting me I guess and I think she liked me because I paid attention to things she might need and I miss her.

So I am confused about my feelings here and I've got nobody to talk to because I am the "hates cats" guy and all my family are being cold to me and my friends are making dead cat jokes. She was a very friendly cat and while I am nowhere near as upset as the rest of my family I did enjoy her company and she didn’t deserve to die and I miss her.

Goodbye Cleo, you were a good pet and the closest any cat has ever come to being my friend.
I guess you should tell them that you mourn in your own way. It's unfair of them to expect you to be demonstrative in grief or emotion.

So keep me at an arms length by all means and Sani
HSC
You can fix that nowadays. By the way, it's not the fur you're allergic to, most likely - it's the protein in their saliva.

Not to be horrible, but if she wasn't forced to be outside, she wouldn't have been run over.

I guess you should tell them that you mourn in your own way. It's unfair of them to expect you to be demonstrative in grief or emotion.
you are MEAN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)