Family's reaction to your UAI? (1 Viewer)

HSC
s.o.da said:
ummmm, I was sleeping and my mum woke me up at fucking whenever it was when the results came out, I think 8:50. I couldn't be fucked getting up and checking the result. For the amount of work I did throughout the year I was expecting 60-70. SO anyway, I was lucky to get on the site straight away, typed in my number, saw that i got 90.55

me: got 90.55
mum: how much ?????
me:90.55, cya(went back to bed)

really shocked with this UAI, wtf to do with it now ^^
Haha i swear i thought you said "I was sleeping with my mum".
Gratz anyways, most subdued reaction from someone expecting much lower :haha:

s.o.da

HSC
kevinx2 said:
Haha i swear i thought you said "I was sleeping with my mum".
Gratz anyways, most subdued reaction from someone expecting much lower :haha:
LOLOLOLOL, better phrase my sentences with more care next time

JJBearPaw

HSC
blackmage said:
* Phones mother*

Mum - How did you go?!
Me - ehh,, i got 55
Mum - OMGOSH! I'm so happy! I never thought you would get 85!
Me- Umm, Mum, I got 55.
Mum - *RAGES* Good luck with Uni, THATS IF you get in.
*hangs up
LOL. That's so classic! Shizz!

For my results:

Dad

Me: I got 2 band 3's, two 4's, one 5 and one 6.
Dad: Ohhh..bands? Does that mean that band 1 is the highest?
Me: ...wow...you thought I was gonna do really really bad didnt you...6 is good!
Dad: It is?? HOLY CRAP YOU GOT A 6! WWWOOOOOOOO...what about maths?
Me: I got band 4 in maths
Dad: WOOOOOO! You didnt get band 1 in maths! WOOOOO!
Me: :/ My UAI was 65...:/
Dad: ....oh. I see

Mum

Mum: Have you been crying?
Me: No?
Mum: I thought you might have been...about your results...what did you get?
Me: 65...
Mum: ....*deep breath*....you could have done so much better, it's all those damn boys...and friends you have, you party too much! you hang out with your friends too much!
Me: :cold:
Mum: oh...oh...oh...it's ok...dont get upset. As long as you didnt kill yourself, or get pregnant, it's ok.

Jst-Ali

HSC
me: got 52.10..

parents: atleast you made it this far, where still proud of you (meaning finishing my hsc properly)
mum: i think your the only boy in the family to finish there hsc with out screwing it up..

lawrence.h

HSC
Well my parents are separated, and I was at my dad's place at the time. I called my dad and told him and:

Dad: Waaaaaaaaaa! Congratulations Lawrence! That's incredible
(That's for 93.95. I guess I tried to play down his expectations, even telling him the lowest I need is 75. So 93.95 was amazing after making him expect 75)

Then, later in the day my mum texts me:

"Hi lawrenz,Congratulation on ur Hsc,.eventhough ur not planing 2 Tell me 2day,ur dad told me earlier.mum"

I called her after that, and she's been angry at me since. lol...
I guess I should have called her straight away too, but after I called my dad my friends were talking to me at school (we had a uai morning tea), teachers were talking to me so I kinda forgot about it.

lawrence.h

HSC
Another reaction:
My girlfriend was on the phone to her mum at 10:30am at my place:

GF Mum: What did Lawrence get?
GF: 93.95
GF Mum: What?? How did he do better than you??

wLym

HSC
96.00...nice round number. Was pleased in a wierd distant kind of way. I spose 99+ has and never will be realised. Im proud I ran that last lap of the race after i lost myself =S. Ive been bracing myself for 70's-80's (im always so optimistic) so getting in the 95+ bracket was a welcome releif. Dads a sucker "well done boy". Mum's been going on about all the shit that went on during year 12, but i know she is on my side, ive always done school all for her, so to get her down pat with it all is my biggest achievement.

jonnypride

HSC
I jumped the gun and told my dad my UAI was 70 as i thought thats what i was going to get that. he told me i wasted his money going to a private school and that hes never been more dissapointed than right now.

the problem is i didnt understand scaling and my uai is alot lower than that and i havent told him.

HolyDang

HSC
jonnypride said:
I jumped the gun and told my dad my UAI was 70 as i thought thats what i was going to get that. he told me i wasted his money going to a private school and that hes never been more dissapointed than right now.

the problem is i didnt understand scaling and my uai is alot lower than that and i havent told him.
That stinks. Don't take it to heart! Do realise a UAI 70 is NOT the end of the world, I'm sure there are plenty of students who wanted a 70 but was ineligible, feel grateful it's not a 30 or something. Also, there will be plenty of other opportunities for you if the UAI is not enough for what you're gonna do. Don't lose hope.

jonnypride

HSC
HolyDang said:
That stinks. Don't take it to heart! Do realise a UAI 70 is NOT the end of the world, I'm sure there are plenty of students who wanted a 70 but was ineligible, feel grateful it's not a 30 or something. Also, there will be plenty of other opportunities for you if the UAI is not enough for what you're gonna do. Don't lose hope.
No i thought my uai was going to be 70 so i told him that, my uai was 39.

HSC
yeah i rang up my mum while she was working
me: hey mum i got 96.25
mum: *starts telling every single one of her co-teachers that will listen"

but now im gunna be at christmas when i go to my dads house my uncles going to be trying to convince me to change into law. he's already succeded with two of my cousins. gunna be annoying

capricorn42

HSC
tacogym27101990 said:
yeah i rang up my mum while she was working
me: hey mum i got 96.25
mum: *starts telling every single one of her co-teachers that will listen"

but now im gunna be at christmas when i go to my dads house my uncles going to be trying to convince me to change into law. he's already succeded with two of my cousins. gunna be annoying
yup asian parents here so same problem. mum was like 'oh lauren (my cousin) n blah blah (random cousin i dont even know i have) n blah blah are doing law/med/lawe/med/law/law/law...'

haha and everytime my aunts and uncles ask me about what im going to do (uai>97) i reply with :philosophy. I've always been a big fan of Ayn Rand and Nietzsche.

HSC
capricorn42 said:
yup asian parents here so same problem. mum was like 'oh lauren (my cousin) n blah blah (random cousin i dont even know i have) n blah blah are doing law/med/lawe/med/law/law/law...'

haha and everytime my aunts and uncles ask me about what im going to do (uai>97) i reply with :philosophy. I've always been a big fan of Ayn Rand and Nietzsche.
yeah im not part of an asian family
uncle just like law for some reason, his not even a lawyer
ive wanted to be a vet since i was like 14, and everytime i see my grandpa he always tells me i need to follow in my sisters footsteps and become a doctor, its really quite funny he just wont listen/accept that i dont want to be a doctor haha

capricorn42

HSC
tacogym27101990 said:
yeah im not part of an asian family
uncle just like law for some reason, his not even a lawyer
ive wanted to be a vet since i was like 14, and everytime i see my grandpa he always tells me i need to follow in my sisters footsteps and become a doctor, its really quite funny he just wont listen/accept that i dont want to be a doctor haha
yup. and they've got the same horrified expression when i tell them 'mum...i've been telling you last week/month/year. I DONT DO CHEM. OR BIO. so there's pretty much no chance of me getting into med' lol. oh mum was like 'but at least you like physics?' me: 'yes I still want to be an astronaut. happy?'

HSC
Kiim2507 said:
Don't listen to your mum
Your boyfriend and his mum are right
At least you went out there and did it
And now you can proudly say you completed the HSC...better then some people
And of course there are always ways are getting into Uni, if not straight away theres always TAFE and mature-age entry
Congrats on completing the HSC and best of luck for the future
some unis r so naive. seriously i have a teacher whos been living in australia all her life n never even did the SC or HSC. i said how did u become a teacher n she went oh i just went up to a uni n showed them my community awards n they went those awards r way more important then any HSC.

trento654

HSC
SoupRolls said:

I was really and upset pissed because my subjects broguth me down.
*AHEM*
Adv eng 62
Legal 71
Adv maths 47
Modern History 70
Music 1 68
Senior science 78

Anyways
Me: I don't wanna talk about
Dad: So you can't get into teaching or policing even?
Me: No
Dad: FUCK
Mum: What?
Dad: He didn't get in
Mum: What did you get?
Me: 38.25
then you get the rest of the whole "You're a disgrace to the family etc etc.
ahaha dw i beat you with having the lowest UAI mentioned on here, laughed so hard when i saw mine, the HSC was just a joke anyway

HSC
trento654 said:
ahaha dw i beat you with having the lowest UAI mentioned on here, laughed so hard when i saw mine, the HSC was just a joke anyway
why did you waste 2 years of your life then??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)