Family's reaction to your UAI? (1 Viewer)

rach19

HSC
Mum:Whats your result? I have stuff to do
Me:92.70
Mum:92.07?
Me:No 92.70, do I get a cash bonus?
Mum:No, bye

trento654

HSC
tacogym27101990 said:
why did you waste 2 years of your life then??
um what a fuckin stupid question, to finish without being a drop out and to gain sound knowledge on various things i didn't now about before, to stay with friends, having an education up to year 12 leads to more oportunites then it does when u just leave in yr 10, hsc is a joke cause it's sole purpose it to indicate through there special complex systemthat you can get into uni, and even then people who do shit, can buy there way in, tafe achievement there way in, show expericance in occupations toget in, show awards etc, or not even go at all and still earn the cash they want in a field they find preferable
if you drop out in yr 10, the process is just longer and more challenging and in the end u'd prob end up doing yr 12 at tafe
:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

adnan91

HSC
trento654 said:
um what a fuckin stupid question, to finish without being a drop out and to gain sound knowledge on various things i didn't now about before, to stay with friends, having an education up to year 12 leads to more oportunites then it does when u just leave in yr 10, hsc is a joke cause it's sole purpose it to indicate through there special complex systemthat you can get into uni, and even then people who do shit, can buy there way in, tafe achievement there way in, show expericance in occupations toget in, show awards etc, or not even go at all and still earn the cash they want in a field they find preferable
if you drop out in yr 10, the process is just longer and more challenging and in the end u'd prob end up doing yr 12 at tafe
but y wouldnt u try and get decent mark that provides u get into uni without extra hassle or money but depends on wat ur planning to do i guess

trento654

HSC
adnan91 said:
but y wouldnt u try and get decent mark that provides u get into uni without extra hassle or money but depends on wat ur planning to do i guess
u don't nessarially have to go to uni right away, working around or doing a tafe course can still get you into a stable position and earn you some money or lead to a decent career, even going as a later student can get you in without any real hassle, besides even if u go to uni right away, u r still going to have a massive hassle upon you with the workload that some might not be truly prepared for, my brother has told me many of his friends dropped out in there first yr at uni for this reason

besides doesen't matter what you do, everyone is going to have extra hassle upon them next yr

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
To all those people who got kicked out of their house and, as is the case with one person, got a theoretical beating, your parent should all be given a firm slap in the face. Seriously.

HSC
adnan91 said:
Not everyone completes the HSC to get into uni. Approx 22% (UAC Scaling Report) don't get a UAI and a fair few TAFE courses require the completion of the HSC.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
kevinx2 said:
Not everyone completes the HSC to get into uni. Approx 22% (UAC Scaling Report) don't get a UAI and a fair few TAFE courses require the completion of the HSC.
accelerants too

jonnypride

HSC
so after somewhat lying earlier to my dad and telling him my uai wasnt 70 and it was actually 39 he got pretty angry.

he pretty much told me id ruined the family and his life, and he just wasted $100 000 putting me through good education to fail.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
jonnypride said:
so after somewhat lying earlier to my dad and telling him my uai wasnt 70 and it was actually 39 he got pretty angry.

he pretty much told me id ruined the family and his life, and he just wasted $100 000 putting me through good education to fail.
sad but true, i wud be angry too

elizamc

HSC
N/A
dad: what did you get?
me: 87.3
dad: oh
*silence*
dad: wait this line is bad, did you say 87?
me: yes
dad: oh

jaaaaay

HSC
Well done everyone!

I remember last year, I was in Italy at the time & couldn't get into the damn website... ended up finding out through co-op offers (had to ask the course manager what my UAI was... embarassing!)

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
trento654 said:
oh okay

freekyboi

HSC
Me: (on phone) ye mum i got 96
Mum: OMGWTF
Me: ye
Mum: Nigga please!
Me: uh can we please refrain from the racial slurs
Mum: I offer you my deepest apologies. May i purchase for you an automobile to correct my wrongdoings?
Me: uh, ok...

trento654

HSC
freekyboi said:
Me: (on phone) ye mum i got 96
Mum: OMGWTF
Me: ye
Mum: Nigga please!
Me: uh can we please refrain from the racial slurs
Mum: I offer you my deepest apologies. May i purchase for you an automobile to correct my wrongdoings?
Me: uh, ok...
can't believe some of these wackjob parents who dunno the hsc is an exagerated game

madamecabaret

HSC
I'm happy with my UAI and my parents are pleased, cos at least I got into the course I wanted. It was my grandmother's reaction which was hilarious.
She's Italian, and doesn't really understand the school system here.

Me: Hey Nonna, I got my UAI today!! Wanna know what I got?
Nonna: *frozen polite smile*
Mum: Uh, Nat she doesn't know what the UAI is, just change it around for her.
Me: Hey nonna, I got into university!
Nonna: Ah dahlin I so appi for you!

Then a million hugs...:eek:

loki911

HSC
well some parents need to loosen up here seriously, But i am still abit down but i got above fifty but below 60's so kinda cut. My brother got 90.00 so im like being called the dumbest of my family atm so shugs im not letting it bother me too much. So there ya have it.

ankisha

HSC
jonnypride said:
No i thought my uai was going to be 70 so i told him that, my uai was 39.
well i got 95.2 n me n my dad wer just stairing at da screen:uhoh: ... my mum was asleep:sleep:

so den he goes....awwwww (not in a very encouraging way :( )
and den i get all sad cuz even though it wasnt my best AT ALL... i did try n da previous day we wer both expecting a 96.... just to safely get into my 1st preference

n den i got completely frustrated cuz i realised i MISSED my 1st preference by literally 0.05%!!! (business n law at mq)

n dden i hugged my dad n he sed dats a really good mark!, congrats, hugs, kisses
n den i woke up my mum n got a hug n congrats, n kisses
n den i sed im officially da 'smartest' girl in our ENTIRE family lol... n den we all laughed

den went to skool, n heard i came like 3rd cuz we hav 2 dux... so we had da duxs n den ME ......n den i was like OK :speechless:

n den went home n told parents everyones marks n now my dad officially hates my skool lolz.:burn:
...UR SKOOL LET U DOWN!...DER IDIOTS.. u shuld hav sworn at dem :mad: lolz

...no gifts....random ppl calling at 9.01 in da morning to ask UAI, ppl ive talked like ONCE to, aunties, international relatives, nervous freinds,,... even enimies 'we read her name in da paper? so wat did she get.... oh! we wer expecting a 98-99 :haha: ,',,, stupid ppl! lol... busy tym

but im scared weather ill get in or not :uhoh:

plz pray for me... i shall for everyone else who sat da hsc... :D lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)