Fantasy NRL BOS Comp - Sportal.com.au (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
(Daily Telegraph):
A full house is expected to turn out for the top of the table fantasy footy clash between 'betterthanyouse' and 'Retards'. Much is speculated as to how the respective teams' coaches approach this possible september prequel, with injuries, suspension and representative football dominating the headlines. 'betterthanyouse' coach Ernest has denied rumours that his team are 'sprinting the start of a marathon'(sports tonight). "You lot(journos) are pathetic, we haven't lost a game yet, no, and i can tell you now, we'll be there abouts come round 26." 'Retards' coach John responds, explaining the recent good form of betterthanyouse (5 straight wins) has been more a result of lack of competition than managerial expertise. "You only have to look who he's beaten - 'Velox', 'the kop' - talk about your pieces of cake."
A high scoring encounter is expected. Both coaches have rejected notions from the purists that the 'throw-away-your-defensive-textbook' attacking style of the competition is ruining the game;
"No comment" (John)
*Blank stare, and dry laugh* "Get f#cked!" (Ernest)

A win could see his chargers 3 points clear at the end of the week.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
(SMH) Another Salary cap scandal forces big changes in "copious"s heirarchy

Hit with yet another salary cap fine, coach Howie has been forced to offload key franchise players during the silly season. Hazem el "Magic" Mazri has been released from his conctract only 6 rounds in, replaced by perhaps the slowest winger in the game, Luke Covell. Luke Covell's sublime kicking display and the tendency to steal the odd try was a major factor in the decision. With el masri struggling in a team which has yet to recapture its 2004 premiership winning form, Howie believes that the extra salary cap space will allow his team to sign key backline players. Jake Webster also seems to be on the outer, with Leon Bott seen as a likely candidate.

News also is that out of choice 5/8 Brett Firman is to be released from his contract. Brett Seymour has peformed superbly in his absense.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
copious said:
(SMH) Another Salary cap scandal forces big changes in "copious"s heirarchy

Hit with yet another salary cap fine, coach Howie has been forced to offload key franchise players during the silly season. Hazem el "Magic" Mazri has been released from his conctract only 6 rounds in, replaced by perhaps the slowest winger in the game, Luke Covell. Luke Covell's sublime kicking display and the tendency to steal the odd try was a major factor in the decision. With el masri struggling in a team which has yet to recapture its 2004 premiership winning form, Howie believes that the extra salary cap space will allow his team to sign key backline players. Jake Webster also seems to be on the outer, with Leon Bott seen as a likely candidate.

News also is that out of choice 5/8 Brett Firman is to be released from his contract. Brett Seymour has peformed superbly in his absense.
you have to be kidding i just signed him this week cuz locky isnt consistent... fuck ive also got firman hoping that he'll come back... it took me 3 weeks to save up 500k and now hes just gonna go...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Well, to me el masri is worth two players, and i needed to strengthen other areas in my team. I only really had 1 kicker, now i can afford two and play whoever is playing the weaker team.

T

timbk2

(FoxSports) Timbk2United eyes replacements.

Due to an ever-growing injury and suspension list with the likes of Johns, Betham, Smith, Soliola and Matt Sing, Timbk2United manager Tim Cheng has been forced to dip into the transfer market for the 11th time this season.

Mr Cheng hopes some new 'star' recruitments will help motivate the rest of the team to keep pushing for a finals spot. Billy Slater, the team's star performer this season agrees, "The players all agree with the changes in the team. With more quality competition for places in the side, each player must step up with their performances if they want to keep their spots."

Mr Cheng expects some mixed results this round due to the fitness of some of the representative players who had to play in the Anzac Test match last night.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
SMH

Broncos pocket rocket Brent Tate has suffered another injury setback by reinjuring his shoulder in copious's clash with the kop. Coach Howie has no choice but to delve into the transfer market yet again. With a budget rivalling the best of them, expect a key signing in the next week, tipped to be a representative player.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
fuck... hazem did play... didnt someone say they pulled him out cuz of contractual reasons? dammit he scored a try too!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
BOS LEAGUE ROUND 7 - RESULTS
copious 58 def 56 the kop
timbk2 United 48 def 32 undisputedneSs
matt#1 58 def 46 Betty Broncos
betterthanyouse 56 def by 68 Retards
RUB!X 30 def by 36 gibbo67
Team BlueFire 46 def 36 G Bangers
Underachievers 74 def 26 velox

1. Retards John
2. betterthanyouse
3. timbk2 United Tim
4. Underachievers Sam
5. copious Howie
6. Team BlueFire Matthias
7. matt#1 Matthew
8. undisputedneSs
9. gibbo67 Stuart
10. RUB!X Matt
11. Betty Broncos Betty
12. G Bangers Warren
13. the kop Ben
14. velox velox

Some close matches, especially me! Top of the table clash was a high scoring affair, with Retards taking the honours.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Top game John - losing is a very sobering experience.

Many players out this week.

Anyone know if it's a premier league-style championship, or if there are finals series'?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Smokey_22 said:

Anyone know if it's a premier league-style championship, or if there are finals series'?
which guys are out?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Smokey_22 said:

thanks, yea it was a pretty high scoring match... i was pretty lucky with the tryscorers... i dunno how do the top guys get like 80 or 90 pts each week... craaaazy

Orange Juice said:
which guys are out?
for me only jason smith and sing.... firman and czerslowski has been dropped to reservegrade longtime ago so they dont really count.... its so hard picking my team this week.... so many of my players are playing each other: roosters v cowboys...sharks v storm ...argh

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
god damn i lost my 2 points again. stupid Matt sing, he was suppose to be out for 3 weeks, then he somehow makes the cowboys bench!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I cant believe I beat the undefeated Retards...the league leader. Bring on betterthanyouse, the new league leader next week!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
matt#1 said:
I cant believe I beat the undefeated Retards...the league leader. Bring on betterthanyouse, the new league leader next week!
Retards weren't undefeated. They've now lost two.

Pff, save you're mutterings for tribunal night - you know what i mean.

T

timbk2

(Foxsports) Timbk2 United Not happy.

After yet another lackluster display, Timbk2 United coach Tim Cheng has warned a number of players that they are on their last straw. "If i see any more disgraceful performances by some of these players, they'll be looking at time in the reserve grade." were the words of the humiliated coach who's team yesterday slumped to its 2nd defeat of the season.

Coach Tim Cheng singled out Darryn Lockyer as one of the underperforming players with a stinging attack, "Kicking 3/8 is not acceptable at this level. Even my sister could have converted some of those shots".

It is not known whether Brent Tate or Jason Smith will be recalled back into the struggling team for the weekend's match, but one thing is for sure, there will be a string of changes in the team as a result of last weekends performance.

copyright Reuters 2005

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Damn Tate is out again, Slater gone for 2 weeks(bye + ban) , king(bye), toopi out of form... my backline is a shambles this week!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Daily Telegraph (6/5):

A return to the top of the league has installed the ever-enigmatic coach of betterthanyouse, 'Ernest', with some newfound confidence. Speaking exclusively to DT reporters, he has thrown the gauntlet down to weekend opposing coach 'Matthew' by labelling his team 'Matt#1' as a bunch of 'unfit, el-masri-relying thugs.' Asked about his view of the showdown, he replied; "Just look at his team, match losers and beer-bellies all over the park. I'll definately crucify him, and send him south for the winter." Of course the last time Ernest talked it up, a stunning display by premiership contenders 'Retards' provided him a generous piece of humble pie. When reminded he replied; "i'm aware of that you wankers (journos), but Matt's no contender, just like his soccer team Man-scum united." Matthew has yet to comment.
Match of the round should be a titanic clash with Timbk2 United locking horns with Team BlueFire in a 3v4 showdown. Meanwhile the omission of Billy Slater is expected to change the captaincy of the majority of teams in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)