Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
i'd wear you. if you weren't so fugly.

ftw.

Skeeta

HSC
Malfoy said:
6. I dress according to my mood. When it's up, the clothes are bolder and tend to be more revealing. When it's down I cover everything up. When I'm stressed out I pile on heaps more eyeliner than usual, etc.
I'm the opposite, if i'm feeling sad, i never wear eye makeup because when i cry its sure to make a horrid mess on my face :(

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Jon73 said:
i'd wear you. if you weren't so fugly.

ftw.
...That made absolutely no sense.

And yeah, I know what you mean Skeeta, I get super paranoid about my eye makeup if I've been crying, even after I check it hasn't run.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i wear lots of make up when i am sad, otherwise my ugly face is just another thing to be sad about. it works well as a masking device, too.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i saw this chick at the airport yesterday. she looked absolutely marvellous.

black moon boots
ACDC shirt
stonewashed jeans
little hat with a HUUUUGE mound of dreadlocks pushed through the little hat-hole.
big fuck off earrings
dark eyemakeup.

ugliest outfit ever, but man she fucking pulled it off like nobody's business.

its all about confidence. i can see that in others but i have a hard time myself...

thats my mantra for this year, dress how i want, other people will have to accept it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
AlleyCat said:
its all about confidence. i can see that in others but i have a hard time myself...
oh i know the feeling. i have a bunch of clothes somewhere in my wardrobe that i personally really like but i don't wear because i worry that it actually looks shit and maybe i'm just deluded

i'm going to join you in this mantra

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i try to be like that too - just wearwhat i feel like and think that it's amazing and i am so hot, therefore i will be.
plus, i figure that we can only get away with this type of behaviour while we are young, so why not make the most of it?
what is hard is when rude people (i.e. my family) take the piss and push my confidence down. theyare so BORING. how do you explain to conservative bastards that they do not understand fashion?

Skeeta

HSC
chelsea girl said:
i wear lots of make up when i am sad, otherwise my ugly face is just another thing to be sad about. it works well as a masking device, too.
I overdose on blush when I'm sad. :eek:

Somehow makes me look happier :eek:

AlleyCat said:
ugliest outfit ever, but man she fucking pulled it off like nobody's business.

thats my mantra for this year, dress how i want, other people will have to accept it.
Haha my friends always tell me when they look through my wardrobe that I own some of the randomest clothes in existence (somehow has to have something to do with me and my bargain/style, asian shopping addiction) I wear whatever I like, boys dont understand it - ladies often compliment it and I feel like myself.

But since my new boyfriend came along, i sort of have this hideous self confidence thing going, where I think i'm actually amazing.. so i dont really care :eek:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
...like today, i didnt pack enough clothes for my trip to melb because i forgot about my flight until an hour beforehand... so i went out today wearing my boyfriend's tibetan yak shirt, his old ripped jeans that i turned into shorts, some giant gold platforms and a big bow in my hair.

so far i have had a lot of funny looks.

kaylz

HSC
AlleyCat said:
you know what?

i've seen a lot of sights in my day, but i have NEVER beheld anyone wearing heels with tracksuit pants.

...and now i really really want to.
I saw a girl at the gym (I was walking past, mind you. none of that going in business), and she was wearing a velour gangster bitch tracksuit with high heeled running shoes -- they had a retractable heel so that once you get off of the treadmill you can whip the heels out. fugliest shit ever. i cried that day.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Wearing a silk scarf makes my battered old led zeppelin tshirt look trendy.

Earrings make even the laziest dress look fab.

You need money to buy clothes. Sad.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
That adding my zipper and buckle-covered black pleather jacket over my work outfit instantly turns the whole thing, plain skirt and brown stockings and all, awesomely punk. I can go straight efrom filing to the bar without a problem.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Lizakith said:
I cannot have my fingernails painted, unless I want my fingers to look stubby and horrible.
Same here. I just cannot grow my nails to a decent length.

Also, I've only just realised lately that wearing wide-leg things (including slouch boots instead of tight ones) makes me look a bit more balanced/in proportion/whatever and thus I waste less effort & time in finding miraculous tops, which are few and far between to say the least. I'm starting a wardrobe overhaul soon, weeee :)

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Nah, I can grow my nails no problem, my fingers are just fat :p

Also: Work clothes are ridiculously hard to find at a price less than $100 per item.

Suzanne Grae tops are about 3 sizes larger than the label. I tried on an 8 (I'm usually a 10-12) and it was still too big, and the shirt didn't come in a 6.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Lizakith said:
Nah, I can grow my nails no problem, my fingers are just fat :p

Also: Work clothes are ridiculously hard to find at a price less than $100 per item.

Suzanne Grae tops are about 3 sizes larger than the label. I tried on an 8 (I'm usually a 10-12) and it was still too big, and the shirt didn't come in a 6.
Agreed! Although I guess I can justify spending it if I wear it to work a lot and it's fairly versatile.

Evilo

HSC
Lizakith said:
really, cos my liquor shirt cost me $12.95 with my name embroided on the front ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)