Fastest human calculator on earth! (1 Viewer)

zhiying

HSC
If anyone on BoS can do it that fast...which I doubt no offense...respect

qwerty44

HSC
I reckon this guy is pretty good at his math, its unfortunate however that he is just playing number games and not solving mathematical problems associated with real life. IF he could work for NASA, or something involving physics, it would be a good application of his skills if he actually is good at solving real math problems. Otherwise his skills are not much use to people except for the very brief moment of awe that you get when you watch him, after that, its pretty much...meh.

So that is what I want to know, is he good at just playing number games or actually solving real questions?
I read somewhere that people like this aren't mathematicians, just people who solve calculations like that quickly. So he might not necessarily be able to solve more complex mathematical problems.

wildchild666

HSC
I read somewhere that people like this aren't mathematicians, just people who solve calculations like that quickly. So he might not necessarily be able to solve more complex mathematical problems.
I wouldn't take that Realise.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I have not followed this one. Is he comparable to Shakuntala Devi (check her out)?

Last edited:

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
What? I'm not talking about Realise. I'm just saying that not all of these people well known and publicised for fast calculations are actually mathematicians.
I certainly wouldn't consider them mathematicians based on just that ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)