Fastest human calculator on earth! (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If we look at it at face value, it's implausible:

1. We've got proof of someone who makes media appears as 'the fastest'
2. We've got untested anecdotal evidence from someone else

I'm not saying you can't do it at all, or couldn't in the future. But at that speed, especially with the decimal point recall, I don't believe it can currently be done.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
If we look at it at face value, it's implausible:

1. We've got proof of someone who makes media appears as 'the fastest'
2. We've got untested anecdotal evidence from someone else

I'm not saying you can't do it at all, or couldn't in the future. But at that speed, especially with the decimal point recall, I don't believe it can currently be done.
What?

I did it at meat, anyone there can vouch for it, ie twinklegal above.

qwerty44

HSC
lol "in my opinion".

>never even met me irl.
Exactly. So should I assume you can or you can't?

I have seen some of what you're capable of on the forums. I know you're good at maths. But I am yet to infer that you can reach such speeds in calculations like that.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
What?

But to me though, that's still hearsay evidence. And because of the level of claim being made, that's not enough to accept at face value. You don't have to prove it to me; there's no reason to do so, that's just how I'm treating the evidence available.

qwerty44

HSC
What?

For example when I asked you for the cube root of (651/4(pi)), you said 3.6 or 3.7, then finalised 3.7. Don't get me wrong, that is amazing but this guy or other 'human calculators' would have gotten it exactly to more decimals quickly.

Even then when you said 3.6 or 3.7 did you do it in less than a second?

madharris

HSC
N/A
I don't know why no one liked it, I found its pretty amazing (although I'm ot that good at Maths)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
For example when I asked you for the cube root of (651/4(pi)), you said 3.6 or 3.7, then finalised 3.7. Don't get me wrong, that is amazing but this guy or other 'human calculators' would have gotten it exactly to more decimals quickly.

Even then when you said 3.6 or 3.7 did you do it in less than a second?
tbh I'm not sure if he would even be able to do it to heaps of decimal places or instantly.

He found the cube root of a perfect cube, which isn't hard to do at all.

I'd be a lot more impressed if he found the cube root of a random number.

Anyway I'm over this, no point, it's not going anywhere.

qwerty44

HSC
But to me though, that's still hearsay evidence. And because of the level of claim being made, that's not enough to accept at face value. You don't have to prove it to me; there's no reason to do so, that's just how I'm treating the evidence available.
+1

We are just working with what we have. I don't go to meats and don't know you well, so I can only make my judgement from what I have seen around here.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
tbh I'm not sure if he would even be able to do it to heaps of decimal places or instantly.

He found the cube root of a perfect cube, which isn't hard to do at all.

I'd be a lot more impressed if he found the cube root of a random number.

Anyway I'm over this, no point, it's not going anywhere.
I think we should get more back to the video itself. That might take us back to a more neutral place.

What do you guys think about his views on education? The whole 0-9 issue and training the 'calculator' rather than 'memory' functions?

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
I reckon this guy is pretty good at his math, its unfortunate however that he is just playing number games and not solving mathematical problems associated with real life. IF he could work for NASA, or something involving physics, it would be a good application of his skills if he actually is good at solving real math problems. Otherwise his skills are not much use to people except for the very brief moment of awe that you get when you watch him, after that, its pretty much...meh.

So that is what I want to know, is he good at just playing number games or actually solving real questions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)