Fastest pen?? (1 Viewer)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Noodler's is expensive. You can get it for about $30-40 at Peter's of Kensington, but their range isn't great.

The bulletproof just means it won't run if your paper gets wet (be careful though because it binds to cellulose so can also stain clothes etc). You can easily use an $8 bottle of lamy ink which does the job, works well in lamy pens, but will probs run if your paper gets wet (just don't use it to address a letter if it's going to rain and you're fine).
ahhh ok. so i'm able to get that lamy ink at the place you mentioned? any other websites/areas that you recommend buying ink?

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Just buy it on ebay, like the pen itself. Cheap as chips and you can get it bottle or cartridges.

Lamy ink is good for a beginner/someone new to fountain pens. Noodler's do great ink. As does Pelikan, and a couple of boutique-y places (some really wonderful japanese ones) but they start to get quite expensive and probably not what you're looking for at this point.

Before you buy a fountain pen, you should really try and use one first, especially to test out what nib is best for you. They don't work for absolutely everyone's writing styles. I don't know if there are any specialty pen shops left in Sydney, might be worth a google. I was fortunate to have some friends with fountain pens I tried out before I bought mine.
sadly i dont know anybody who use fountain pens. i guess i will choose the fine nib lol. how was ur first experience with fountain pens

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Perfect. But I'm someone who hates biros. Only used felt tips for my entire high school life, and sometimes the odd gel pen.

A fountain pen is a lot like a nice gel pen I guess and I like that it's more environmentally friendly than buying cheap, disposable pens all the time. And it looks good and feels good. Can take a little bit of maintenance but absolutely worth it.

And there are some really fabulous colour inks around. I have a different pen for each ink so I don't have to worry about cleaning my pens if I want to swap colours and a couple of different nib sizes/shapes which are fun to play around with.

Let me know how yours ends up going :)
well atm im using bic atlantis. smooth and quite a good pen however its ink inconsistency slightly pisses me off. QQ if i end up hating it LOL

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
What the.........
A pen will not get you high grades.
Is it really worth the bother spending so much time on what pen to write with...and getting maybe 10-20 more words on your essay
I hope this is troll thread...

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
What the.........
A pen will not get you high grades.
Is it really worth the bother spending so much time on what pen to write with...and getting maybe 10-20 more words on your essay
I hope this is troll thread...

fast writing pen = more words in exam= quantity creates quality = high grades

argument invalid

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
fast writing pen = more words in exam= quantity creates quality = high grades

argument invalid
For the subjects that I do:
Science: You lose marks if you say something wrong. So the more you write, the more likely you'll lose marks.
English: If you go for the essence of the text and pick the best examples, you'll end up writing 1000 words. Better to hone your essay skills and write a breezing 1000 words than stress over not being able to hit a sub-par 1500

Quantity creates quality if and only if the quantity=quality

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Science: You lose marks if you say something wrong. So the more you write, the more likely you'll lose marks.
English: If you go for the essence of the text and pick the best examples, you'll end up writing 1000 words. Better to hone your essay skills and write a breezing 1000 words than stress over not being able to hit a sub-par 1500
u wot m8? Unless if you're contradicting yourself you aint losin marks.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

Quantity creates quality if and only if the quantity=quality
what

I know you have to be concise, but I don't think it's marked on a deductive mark basis. You could say something wrong with writing very little as well, so that's not exclusive to "writing a lot".

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
IDK, that's how we've always been marked at our school.
Like I'd write out a decent 7-marker, but because I wrote something incorrect (despite hitting all the criteria) I lose a mark.

But anyway, that's not the point. It's about excessive imo to be asking yourself if you have the 'fastest pen'. It's like an 100m sprinter shaving himself bald to run faster.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
IDK, that's how we've always been marked at our school.
Like I'd write out a decent 7-marker, but because I wrote something incorrect (despite hitting all the criteria) I lose a mark.

But anyway, that's not the point. It's about excessive imo to be asking yourself if you have the 'fastest pen'. It's like an 100m sprinter shaving himself bald to run faster.
well we had this retarded thing in my bio test

for the 7 marker CSSA (the one about vaccines and to justify its continued use) - if you didn't define it right away, you would be capped at 0/8

lol

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
well we had this retarded thing in my bio test

for the 7 marker CSSA (the one about vaccines and to justify its continued use) - if you didn't define it right away, you would be capped at 0/8

lol
haha that's like the troll first asssessment we had for chem. whole test was out of 15 split in three sections of 5 markers. if you didn't have a particular word or phrase in the 5 markers you'd get zero.
the average for the year was 4/15 haha
everyone was so pissed

SophxMusic

HSC
I had a brand new jetstream, and I had rewritten my Physics and Biology notes which amounts to around 250 pages of 12 point font.
It ran out literally as I finished the last page lol

BlugyBlug

HSC
I've tried various pens and IMO nothing beats the Papermate InkJoy 100 1.0m - Lightweight and easy to grip and just flows wonderfully.

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retai...ies/Stationery/Pens/Ballpoint-Pens/PAAP012984
Seconded. I use Inkjoys. They flow like oil.
It's a pack of 10 for a very cheap price.

The downside is they run out of ink very fast (1 will last you both english papers only), but this is totally worth the smoothness, price, and shape. And you can always bring like 5 of them in an exam so running out of ink isn't really an issue.

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Seconded. I use Inkjoys. They flow like oil.
It's a pack of 10 for a very cheap price.

The downside is they run out of ink very fast, but this is totally worth the smoothness, price, and shape. And you can always bring like 5 of them in an exam so running out of ink isn't really an issue.
nek min all five run out and no pen to complete the exam

sits there and doesn't complete two english essays

HAX0R

HSC
Can anyone recommend a fountain pen which is really fast?

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
I've tried various pens and IMO nothing beats the Papermate InkJoy 100 1.0m - Lightweight and easy to grip and just flows wonderfully.

http://www.officeworks.com.au/retai...ies/Stationery/Pens/Ballpoint-Pens/PAAP012984
^
I was writing up to 2000 words in exams with these pens but eventually my handwriting began to deteriorate and teachers commented on it in essay feedback. So now I am using the humble Artline Smoove, it keeps me grounded:
http://www.officeworks.com.au/retai...ies/Stationery/Pens/Ballpoint-Pens/AR18210741

Edit: I just read the reviews for the latter pen and they're not at all similar to my experiences

Edit 2: Pens are serious

Last edited:

HAX0R

HSC
Thanks for the advice. What sort of nib do you suggest?
Also, what pen would you suggest as I get used to fountain pens?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)