• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Fastest Production Car 1/4 mile Viper is not king anymore (1 Viewer)

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
Fords GT has a Mustang engine, not from a truck it can turn as well as a GT3. it is one of two real american supercars.

the viper was the benchmark but it has been superseeded.

BOSS MUSTANG has fastest 0-60mph it has a bored out 7lt.
Saleen S7 has a bored heavily modified Ford 5.4Lt, once again from a MUSTANG. This base 5.4 is also the basis for the Shelby 427 that outputs 715-720bhp supercharged.

aim54x

XccenTRiX
HSC
redslert said:
the ford gt is a piece of crap to me, just a car with an engine from a truck...

in fact, who cares about top speed or 1/4mile times....no american car can get around a corner so all that doesn't matter
GT has got a modified MUSTANG engine. it can corner as well as the GT3 and the Mondena, as can the S7. it is the viper that can't turn.

everyone cares bout d 1/4mile, it is the real benchmark test for a performance car. plse check ur comments as not to splatter false info all over the web.

masteraal

well all i gotta say is...if u want the fastest 1/4mile car...ur not gonna have it stock...thats why u see these nut GTR's that are like 7 secs

well heres a nice v6 commo supercharged and its obviously modded the crap out of

http://www.v6supercharged.com.au/pics/FIT VT Turbo Mule 11.688 full download version.wmv

well yeah.... my fav car atm would be the vauxhall VXR220...very car...bang for ur buck really...0-100 in 4.2 and costs 70000....too bad its not in Aus and also is limited to 65 units...cheap bastards :p

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
aim54x said:
GT has got a modified MUSTANG engine. it can corner as well as the GT3 and the Mondena, as can the S7. it is the viper that can't turn.

everyone cares bout d 1/4mile, it is the real benchmark test for a performance car. plse check ur comments as not to splatter false info all over the web.
LOL go away
from what you said there i can already tell you know nothing

ford GT has the engine from the ford lightning truck!
mustang might use the same engine but originally it came from a truck

NO ONE cares about 1/4miles times...only idiots with high boost turbos think their cars are fast at the drag strip
go to a track one day and ask any one if they care about 1/4mile times, what they want is the ability to go around a corner, no matter how fast your car is if you don't have the skills no one cares about you

aim54x

XccenTRiX
HSC
lightning does have a 5.4 but it is different to that of the stang. GT has a modified stang variant, not form the lightning. did u read d article, or the thread title??? this thread is purely bout 1/4mile times and how viper is no longer king.

ur talkin track, thats a different league, although the S7 will hold its own in its category. the Gt is not in any category yet, 2 new.

"matter how fast your car is if you don't have the skills no one cares about you" that is correct.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Donshe said:
You sound like a ripe bogan.

The title says fastest production car.

Yes, modified cars run much faster times. Rotors are into the 7's. Supra just cracked a 7 making it the first Sports Compact to do so.

And then there Top Fuelers which can get into the 3's.

PRODUCTION CARS.

:)

Anyway, Maserati MC12. Discuss :)

Some Swiss playboy who dals in cheese just bough 25 road versions and 3 track versions. Overall cost of about $45M

:(

i therefore declare war on all swiss playboys :p ok, maybe not, maybe i can be his friend n get in his will for...i dunnnoo....6 of them? neva know my luck eh

also, american build procedure....
design car *tick*
look at design *tick*
agree design is 'cool' *tick*
stand in one room, n build the car in anutha *tick*

the last point was a cop out at their build quality if u didnt realise

aim54x

XccenTRiX
HSC
braad said:
also, american build procedure....
design car *tick*
look at design *tick*
agree design is 'cool' *tick*
stand in one room, n build the car in anutha *tick*

the last point was a cop out at their build quality if u didnt realise
love that, it's so true US build quality is a shocker. if they had the quality to rival the jap cars it would be amazin.

i admit jap build quality is the benchmark for mass production, but style belongs to the EUROS and the power belongs to the US

Bone577

HSC
N/A
I would be weary of any figures put out on US cars by US sources on quarter mile or 0-100kmh runs, they are notorious for running on slicks and calling it "stock time" since US laws allow certain types of slicks.
I remembering arguing with people for ages about the Callaway Corvette which supposedly is the greatest thing ever. Ha.

Back to the point, are we talking mass production, production, limited production?

Fastest production car would have to be Daur962 LM, 2.6seconds 0-100kmh, 9.2seconds 1/4, a standing KM, from memory, was dispatched in 17 or so seconds and a top speed of *drumroll* 250mph. But here is the real kicker, it is a LeMans racer, so you just know it can corner fantasticaly. All this with air-con AND radio.

I realy can't see anything comming close to the Daur in overall package. Almost nothing comes close in handling, 1/4mile, 0-100kmh, a standing-k and top-speed, when each aspect is considered individualy, but then you realise this is all done by one hand-built car.

The down side (besides the ludicrous fuel consumption from its twin-turbo flat-6) is that it has some of the worst visibility for everyday use. Horrid apparently, absolute pain to drive on regular roads.

But back to eath, FordGT is one of the few American cars i like, along with GT40. Racing heritage will do that for a car. Besides that American cars remind me of that episode of Top Gear, "It's like they got a wheelie bin, cut it up and called it a dashboard." Hilarious.

aim54x

XccenTRiX
HSC
the article was for the cars that u can buy. i guess that means mass production/production. all of the cars are available in number, xcept maybe the S7 and GT (just released).

BOSS mustang (10lt) does 0-100kmph 1.9s. fastest i've ever seen but it is a concept. who would drive it anyway???

i think the greatest ever 4 me would have to be Carroll Shelby's 427SC Cobra, it still hold the 0-60-0mph record for production cars, and will leave a stock viper to eat dust. not bad for a 1967-68 car.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
aim54x said:
the article was for the cars that u can buy. i guess that means mass production/production. all of the cars are available in number, xcept maybe the S7 and GT (just released).

BOSS mustang (10lt) does 0-100kmph 1.9s. fastest i've ever seen but it is a concept. who would drive it anyway???

i think the greatest ever 4 me would have to be Carroll Shelby's 427SC Cobra, it still hold the 0-60-0mph record for production cars, and will leave a stock viper to eat dust. not bad for a 1967-68 car.

What is up with all the American cars?

Im not surprised, sometimes American sources do this, they seem to forget that other places make cars too.

The fastest 0-100kmh-0 time for a production car that I know of was by the Enzo.

aim54x

XccenTRiX
HSC
Bone577 said:
What is up with all the American cars?

Im not surprised, sometimes American sources do this, they seem to forget that other places make cars too.

The fastest 0-100kmh-0 time for a production car that I know of was by the Enzo.
it was an american mag, and it is usually the americans that build the quick 1/4 miles.

wat does the enzo do??? the cobra does it in the high 12s from memory, pretty impressive given the brake tech.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
aim54x said:
it was an american mag, and it is usually the americans that build the quick 1/4 miles.

wat does the enzo do??? the cobra does it in the high 12s from memory, pretty impressive given the brake tech.

Yes americans love building fast cars, but american mags love talking crap. They fail to mention that most of their cars are for the most part completely outdone by the Euro-supercars. I can't imagine anything beating an SR-3 Turbo for example, nothing can come close to its track times, yet I doubt it would ever warrant any mention in an american mag.

Enzo does 0-100-0 *MPH* in 11.7 seconds according to Road and Track. Which is quite fast, the McLaren F1 apparently does 11.5.

For comparisons sake:
911 Turbo 13.5
Viper 13.9
Murcielago 14.2
Saleen S7 14.3
Mercedes SL55 AMG 15.1

Yay Porsche! I would realy like numbers on the Radical range of cars as well as Caterhams.

Last edited:
S

Shuter

aim54x said:
where wat is??? it definately not in the 11sec club. as ur fav car???

personally they lack the look, too sharp, doesn't have the curves
Ahem, it does too!

http://www.lambocars.com/framed/diablo/diablogtrs.htm#performance
http://www.lambocars.com/framed/diablo/diablo99gts.htm#performance

There were several different models, almost all are sub 4 second 0-60mph.

It was argueably the quickest 0-60mph car and also the fastest top speed (with competition being the slightly modified Maclaren F1's), until about 1998.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
Ahem, it does too!

http://www.lambocars.com/framed/diablo/diablogtrs.htm#performance
http://www.lambocars.com/framed/diablo/diablo99gts.htm#performance

There were several different models, almost all are sub 4 second 0-60mph.

It was argueably the quickest 0-60mph car and also the fastest top speed (with competition being the slightly modified Maclaren F1's), until about 1998.

The only Diablo to go near top speed records was the VTTTT which is a modified VT Diablo with twin Garret T40's i think. So that doesn't realy count.

But who needs performance from the Diablo? Just listen to the sound of the engine.

Edit: Also the early Diablo's looked pure sex.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
aim54x said:
thank u Bone!
I would not be surprised if the SR-3 Turbo broke into the under-10 second range. That thing is fantastically fast, and costs only about $100k Aus if i remember correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)