• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Father vs son common relationships (1 Viewer)

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
OK.
Just want to see how well you get along with your dad.
Conversely, how much you hate your dad. Personally, I fucking hate my dad. Have you ever wondered how the hell your mum agreed to marry him?
Share some stories and experiences you've had if you have any.
Thks

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
He didnt make an embarrasing speech at my 18th.

Therefore: Winnar.
haha details please.
It doesn't sound too bad...

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
My father is awesome... Don't know what you're talking about at all. He is probably the person I respect most...

T

Testpilot

Exphate said:
He didnt make an embarrasing speech at my 18th.

Therefore: Winnar.
Dude your dad is odd, he took like 10-20 photos of me. Then he kept making weird jokes and trying to get me to eat. I thought he was trying to fatten me up Hansel and Gretel style.

I have an average relationship with my dad, not bad, but not good either. But i can see where you are comming from.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
T-mac01 said:
OK.
Just want to see how well you get along with your dad.
Conversely, how much you hate your dad. Personally, I fucking hate my dad. Have you ever wondered how the hell your mum agreed to marry him?
Share some stories and experiences you've had if you have any.
Thks
Familiar with the works of freud at all?

Davriel

HSC
N/A
My dad and are on good terms, even though he can be irritating sometimes (but then again, I'm no saint).

placebo101

HSC
my father and i are on good terms, but i and all my siblings have almost no respect for him. there are times where things will be all good for weeks, and then something will happen that reminds me of the dog he is. just the other week he chose to go to the pub instead of my brothers yr10 graduation mass. and there's other things like not telling my mum about a pay rise he got so he would have more money 4 beer... and he wonders why we don't talk to him.

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
loquasagacious said:
Familiar with the works of freud at all?
If you're saying what I think you're saying, then that was very well played.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
I so didn't troll before :(

Oedipus is very distinctly related to this situation. Even if it's subliminal and subverted.

Common relationships however would be good masculine bonding though, seriously.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
My dad never really raised me until I was 11 as he was working overseas. I would hate it when he would come down to visit us because he would always piss me off and disrupt my way of life by forcing me into some sort of routine.

However, as I've gotten older, my dad has been nothing short of awesome. He's been so understanding over the HSC year and has come from nothing to provide my mother, my sisters and myself with so much. Even as I go into university, he will pay for my uni fees (I'll be doing d-fee) and my accomodation at UNSW.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
My dad and I get along somewhat. But sometimes he's very unrationale with things and goes over the top when hes angry (not just at me, at anyone). A lot of the times he's fair but there are times when he's not very fair at all.

In general, I like the way he stays out of my life, but steps in when I need it. I don't like the way he's stingy with things though, or how he's so ignorant about some things. But most of the time we get along.

My mother on the other hand, I have no respect for. She goes through my things (not that I have anything to hide or anything, but thats not the point). I hate the way she tries to push her opinion on me and if I don't agree then I'm told to shutup or I'm stupid. I hate the way she just nags and nags and nags and nags until you feel like getting a knife and stabbing yourself just to end her bantering (lol I would never actually stab myself).

I hate the way she's always right, and how only her opinion matters. I hate how she pretends she's into something that dad and I like, but really she doesn't have a clue about it. I hate how I'm watching tv and she has to comment on everything, especially if its a sport and she doesnt even know the rules but she watches it and comments on it because my bf and I are watching it and she thinks its 'cool'. It really irritates me how she goes on and on about things.

I hate the way she treats me as if I'm stupid. I hate the way she tries to kick me out of home. I hate the way she tries to make me tell her everything, and if I dont then all of a sudden I'm hiding something. I hate it how she thinks I'm her slave. I hate it how....well you get the picture lol

/rant

p.s. lol at brogan

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
we are O.K terms. We talk, and usually get along ok, but he is also pretty similiar to me, the problem being neither of us like to back down...i would describe him as pigheaded though cause usually i back down just to end the arguement. We have pretty similar interests like with tv shows, or music but we tend to have pretty different attitudes.

He can nag[yes i know, he is a male but i swear he nags] and be petty about insignificant things [ like walking a fair bit, yelling at me and making me walk back inside, and picking up the cup i left in the loungeroom, instead of taking the much easier option of picking it up, walking 5 paces and putting it in the sink.

He is also a bit deaf in one ear, and expects certain types of verbal communiation, like if he hands you dinner he expects you to thank him, if he doesnt hear he explodes [again with the little things] and yells about something or other, because he is pigheaded if you tell him you did say thankyou then it makes him angrier cause suddenly you are a liar aswell.

Tempermental man, but i love him... unfortunate that we clash so often, but its gotten alot better as i get older.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Serius said:
.....expects certain types of verbal communiation, like if he hands you dinner he expects you to thank him, if he doesnt hear he explodes [again with the little things] and yells about something or other, because he is pigheaded if you tell him you did say thankyou then it makes him angrier cause suddenly you are a liar aswell.
I get that to. When I said that my dad can be irrational, thats one of the examples. Theres no need to explode over things. My dad will yell at me for something he could have just spoken to me about and gotten the same result, without me cursing him behind his back afterwards.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
We don't get along well.
When I lived with him he made me pay for everything I used.
He's a massive christian who thinks he is better than all the other christians.
He didn't get me a present for my 18th, just gave me 50 bucks.
He and my mum were together for less than a year.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
dieburndie said:
He didn't get me a present for my 18th, just gave me 50 bucks.
What's wrong with $50?
money is a cool present.

My parents go on holidays everytime I have a birthday, they're never there for it. So like... at least he was there for it. I dont mind that theyre not there. Means I can do what I like. They usually go\ive me money in which I use for aparty... thats cool :)

so whats wrong with $50

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
He has a lot of money though.
I guess that does make me sound spoilt or something, but in his position it wasn't much at all.
And you think I can use that much for a party? When do you live? 1957?
Also, he wasn't there for it

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
We are acquaintances.

We rarely talk indepth, he hears everything about me from my mom and was a workaholic father for 95% of my childhood.

I barely know him well enough to hate or like him. He's just there.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I get along with my dad when I don't have to talk much to him...because we usually end up arguing about something, mostly my relationship with mum lol. he's very stubborn and i inherited it, so most of our fights grind to a stalemate because neither one of us will yield on a single point. Even if we know the other one is right. And he has this idea (mum as well) that because I'm his daughter i HAVE to do EVERYTHING his way. I can have an opinion but i can't express it because heaven forbid you should say something that contradicts his view. And he's very forgetful. You have to tell him everything 15 times and even then he'll forget about it and then yell at you for not telling him.
Despite all that we do get along, though. it's just that when we do fight or disagree, it can get really bad very quickly.

My mum...well ok. I love my mother. I really do. But sometimes our relationship is not the best. Most of the time we're fine...but we're really different and that creates problems. She dwells on small things. And by 'small' i mean she has gone absolutely off her face at me about something like leaving a bobby pin on the bathroom sink. She has a VERY short fuse, gets frustrated/irritable very easily. I try to make allowances for it because she has been sick for a while and i know that's part of it, but sometimes it just gets to the point where you cant deal with being berated over trivial shit all the time, if you get me. And she's fucking scary when she gets mad. Like, some of my closer friends are kinda afraid to provoke her when she's in a bad mood. She exaggerates things and will never listen to reason, her response is generally 'stfu, i'm your mother and you'll do what i say'.
I know this is making her sound bad but we have some really good times too. It's just that a lot of the time it can be pretty tense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)