Favourite airline? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
if you paid for your own business/first class seat you'd think it's shit.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
...? that makes no sense in the context of my post.

if you paid for business class, you wouldn't like it as much. if your company/parents pay, then of course you enjoy it, but once you start evaluating the cost vs. the negligible benefit, then you rate the experience lower (unless, of course, you make millions per year)

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
hence why i just said
my dad doesn't fly economy.

i thought you meant generally
but the same thing still applies

when i'm older and on a budget for travelling, shit changes
but i will compromise the cost of everything else so i don't have to sit in economy.
it's bearable on flights less than 5 hours.
otherwise
fuck it
won't fly or will not eat for some time

stazi

Nightman
HSC
housah0lic said:
hence why i just said
my dad doesn't fly economy.

i thought you meant generally
but the same thing still applies

when i'm older and on a budget for travelling, shit changes
but i will compromise the cost of everything else so i don't have to sit in economy.
it's bearable on flights less than 5 hours.
otherwise
fuck it
won't fly or will not eat for some time
lol. when i have kids i will make sure i dont raise them like this. the above is hillarious. you'd rather pay $6,000 more for 12 hours of slightly more comfort, whilst foregoing things like better accommodation (which you will spend more than 12 hours in), food, alcohol budgets, etc.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
stazi, my dear, when you become aquainted with the luxury of flying above economy you will completely understand me.

but anyway
i'd probably go with rather not fly
or just fly and not forgo accom+etc

"DADDDDDYYYYYYY"

i'm joking .
in a way.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i have flown in business and first. yes, it's amazing, but I'm rational enough not to pay $6,000-$20,000+ more for a relatively short amount of time. Fuck I could save aids in your mum's vagina for that money

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
stazi said:
i have flown in business and first. yes, it's amazing, but I'm rational enough not to pay $6,000-$20,000+ more for a relatively short amount of time. Fuck I could save aids in your mum's vagina for that money

if only you could.
:(

anyway

i'm pretty sure if you can afford to fly first class, you can afford to stay in nice places.
so yeh

end

ps i fucking added you back on myspace like a week ago
i knew you just created it

rozymisty

HSC
Whats pacific blue like?
Am flying with them to Christchurch in November and back with them from Auckland in December

Ive never flown outside of Oz, do you go through customs first and then check in your baggage or what? How about coming back into the country, coz you see pple with their gear and stuff going through customs

ZabZu

HSC
Kwayera said:
International - Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Thai Airways. The service is fantastic, the food is fantastic - everything is good.

Qantas by comparison is appalling.
Qantas is better than Thai. I flew economy on both airlines. On Qantas you get your own tv with video on demand but on Thai there was only the one big screen.

But I have to agree that the service on Thai was very good.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ZabZu said:
Qantas is better than Thai. I flew economy on both airlines. On Qantas you get your own tv with video on demand but on Thai there was only the one big screen.

you prob got an old plane. most thai flights have on demand video

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
ZabZu said:

Eww. I'd prefer Thai, the service is nice and the staff are friendly. I think it's likely you flew the older planes, lol.

Qantas, they're just cold, along with their old smelly planes. And since it's been having major problems with safety and maintenance, Qantas is off my favourite airline list.

bawd

HSC
Cathy Pacific's newer model planes are awesome to ride.

I hate plane rides so much, though.

5233andy

HSC
Qantas - despite their recent series of unfortunate events

Their IFE is decent with B744's, but during my trip to New York via Los Angeles, there were several system errors.

But hospitality wise, Korean Air is worth flying. Their meals captured the essence of Korea whilst being integrated with the Western culture.

*Minka*

HSC
johony said:
Flew from Taipei to LA with China Airlines - it was 16 hours of absolute mediocrity. From the food to the bathroom, everything was really bad. And when turbulence knocked my (untouched) food off the tray, the staff said they had no more food left, so i pretty much had to eat nuts and coke for half of the flight.

Vietnam airlines is pretty bad too.
You didn't miss much. I flew China Airlines once and their food is amoung the worst airline food I have ever experienced.

My friend has a good experience with them though - she missed her flight from Frankfurt to Sydney via Taipei because she was held up in Barajas with the plane crashed last month. They put her on the flight to Taipei but she was there for two days. They arranged for her to be taken to the hotel, picked up later and taken on a free city tour of Taipei, gave her a free guidebook, metrocard, Taiwan gift bag and a voucher for the airport duty free shops all before picking her up at the airport and sending her back to Sydney. She speaks pretty highly of them as a result.

*Minka*

HSC
Favourite:
Singapore
Cathay
British Airlines
Iberia
KLM Royal Dutch

Worst:
LAN Chile (the plane was nice, but so much incompetance)
Lufthansa - Most uncomfortable seat I have ever encountered
QANTAS (Flight attendents who roll their eyes at you when you ask for a glass of water to go with your shitty meal).

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Ive been on Qantas, Singapore, American, Air Berlin, British, Cathay, Thai, Emirates, Malaysian, Air Pacific, Jetstar and Virgin Blue

and the best one by far imo is Emirates (best food, inflight entertainment, smoothness, seats and comfyness)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)