Favourite and most hated maths topics (1 Viewer)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Hates: All topics which need diagrams (Triangles, circles etc. ) such as circle geometry and such

Probablity isn't the worse, i find it better than other topics

jamesfirst

HSC
I hate it when they give you a graph of f''(x) or f'(x) and they tell you to draw f(x).

FARK!!!

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
i hate it when they make you multiply AND divide in the same equation

its like "bitch, please..."

Neologism

HSC
I hate it when they give you a graph of f''(x) or f'(x) and they tell you to draw f(x).

FARK!!!
ME TOO!!! That should be illegal. Anyone want to properly explain that to me, if there's any easy quick way? I always find myself taking so long, I can work it out, it's just so warped doing it backwards and I get confused...

Aindan

HSC
favourite: all topics algebra related
hate: anything to do probability

WaterIsLiquid

HSC
ME TOO!!! That should be illegal. Anyone want to properly explain that to me, if there's any easy quick way? I always find myself taking so long, I can work it out, it's just so warped doing it backwards and I get confused...
lmao same, as soon as my tutor teacher reminds me, i forget when i do it alone. grr

khfreakau

HSC
love: harder 3u, mech, integration, volumes, induction, circle geo
hate: fucking binomial theorem, never in my life has there been so much unnecessary working out.

topaz1912

HSC
4 unit
Favourite: Integration, polynomials, volumes, graphs, complex numbers (the usual easy ones lol)
HATE: anything harder 3 unit, but especially the inequalities. Permutations and combinations are impossible to figure out half the time too.

3 unit
Everything is pretty okay/predictable except that the projectile and binomial questions are too tedious and take too long for a 2 hour paper..

taeyang

HSC
Just really think about it... I know it sounds stupid but here: f'(x) is just the gradient function of f(x), right? so.. if they give you a graph of f'(x) when ever the function is below 0, the gradient of f(x) is negative -- the more below the 0 axis f'(x) is, the steeper the gradient of f(x) in the negative direction... the same applies for values of f'(x) above 0 ... it doesn't usually ask you do be accurate as shit, it just asks you to "sketch" what the graph will look like.

Now for f"(x), well you can just rename f'(x) to g(x) and therefore you have a totally new function and you apply the EXACT same method as the one above except with g(x) and g'(x).. then when you work out a graph for g(x) via g'(x).. you are in the same scenario as above, it's not that hard once you understand it.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
2U
Like: Trigonometry, and everything else.
Don't mind: Physical applications, superannuation/time repayments.
Hate: Locus!!!!

3U
I'm a goner, I like mathematic induction but I suck.
I get stuck at like question 2/3 lol. Help.

HSC
N/A
yuck, maths :cry:

I was considering dropping 3u last night, but then I realised i'd need it for engineering :cry:
So devo :cry: :cry: :cry:

M

MichelleV

Anything financial maths for me. Looveeee financial maths.

I hate probability though. It seems as though in general they expect you to draw up a rather time consuming probability tree, and I just hate it :(

HSC
N/A
Financial maths?

even the ones in series?

FUCK I HATE THOSE! Takes an entire page to work out one question

jamesfirst

HSC
I can do it but ye.........

If f'(x) graph is crossing the x axis, that is the turning points in f(x) and when f'(x) has a turning point, it is the point of inflexion on f(x). You just gotta think deeply with the differentiation then it's easy. BUT I HATE THINKING

zhiying

HSC
Favourite: anything I can do
Hate: Circle geo, Permutations and Combinations, Probability, weird polynomial questions

largarithmic

HSC
probability is copping so much flak!

my favourite questions are circle geo closely followed by perms and combs, least favourite is integration or goddamn curve sketching

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)