Favourite chopin mazurka? (1 Viewer)

planino

HSC
Ugh, I've got more important things to do than to bombard the forum with pieces, but I'm too bored and in love with them.

I have a few favourites, and there are a million and one things I love about each and every one of them:

The main melody is mega-addictive, and I love how the left hand comes in with it at 0:33. I love how Chopin revisits the theme in a G# minor (?) instead of A minor, so damn creative and it really adds interest to it instead of returning the melody in the key that it originally started in!!!

Possibly my favourite mazurka

Lifts your spirits, no matter what

planino

HSC
Hauntingly beautiful melody at the start

Unpredictable as hell (a little repetitive though). 1:25 - The left hand rounds off the stormy section wonderfully back to the main melody (in just 6 notes!!!). 4:09 - love that cheeky ending!

So which of the mazurkas are your favourites, and why

planino

HSC
Listening to them all at once, and it still sounds good. Chopin must be turning in his grave though

Thief

!!
HSC

Always hated playing piano (asian parent, yknow how it is) but this was one of the only songs I actually enjoyed playing.

planino

HSC
Lol Asian parents and the piano, such a popular stereotype (and many seem to fit that stereotype too). Yeah that ones a wonderful one too :) Did you by chance, play it for a grade 6 exam?

Thief

!!
HSC
Lol Asian parents and the piano, such a popular stereotype (and many seem to fit that stereotype too). Yeah that ones a wonderful one too :) Did you by chance, play it for a grade 6 exam?
Yes! I think it was for grade 6.

qrpw

HSC
Although I have better stuff to listen to, Chopin's Mazurkas are all so delightful to play when you sit down at the piano... my favourites have mostly all been posted already. They're quite intriguing since they were like little experiments, and there are moments where you think 'wow that sounds weird' and moments which are just amazing.

This one starts with one of his loveliest melodies and isn't as well known (compared to some of the others)

planino

HSC
I think that one's actually fairly popular (more so than op59 no1 :( ). Yeah the weirdness really feels like a bad taste at first sometimes, but sets in quite well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)