Favourite game company developers/producers (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Your favourites?

Capcom have been one of my favourites, and have proven to be quite consistent over the past decade. The Street Fighter seriers, the Marvel VS crossover series, Megaman and Resident Evil (off the top of my head) are all excellent and considered classics in their own right. They're still keeping it fresh with new, more innovative games such as the Viewtiful Joe and Devil May Cry series. Okami on the PS2 is definitly something to look out for, should be out near the end of this month here in Australia.

Treasure have made some real gems, Gunstar Heroes and Ikaruga in particular. Wish I could have a crack at Guardian Heroes on the Sega Saturn.

My top three favourite games of all time were developed by the now defunct team from Bioware/Black Isle. A damn shame they're now disbanded. I think some of the staff members are working with Obsidian now?

Nintendo's first party support for their systems provides the real backbone to their consoles. It's been great the way they have transformed a lot of their franchises - Mario, Zelda and Metroid in particular.

Dave2007

HSC
p4e81 said:
Electronic Arts :)
Hahahahaha, OMG you are hilarious!!! :rofl:

Me? Lucasarts pre-1997, blizzard have always produced quality if frustrating games, EPIC used to be good, westwood used to be good...Today everything is merging.

Soon everything will be a sports/action clone produced by EA... :santa:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Nintendo of course. Nobody can come close to them.

Rare before they became a Microsoft company were amazing as well

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Blizzard. Because they're are always full of polish and quality.

Square Enix. Because of Final Fantasy, a series of capitivating games.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Square-Enix, Kojima Productions and Polyphony Digital.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Rare use to be super cool. Almost half of my N64 games are by rare. Then Microsoft ate them for nearly half a billion dollars. Now they make pretty un-exceptional games.

Square are great for their FF games. Konami have made so many classic games.
The makers of the new Metroid games deserve some recognition (though, embarrasingly enough, i can't remember their name off the top of my head - retro something :/).

Right now though, (If Rare wasn't Micro-raped), nintendo win easily. So damn inventive. They really know how to make good games - Zelda and Mario.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Rareware - Fucking awesome track record the whole way through. Outstanding befor the N64, bloody unbeatable quality for the N64 and a slight decrease in quality post-64. The N64 is my favourite console, if only for the games. Half of my games are Rareware games, which gives a good indication of just how good they were. Honestly, they're unbeatable.

EAD/Shigeru Miyamoto - Hehe, no explanation needed really. The man is a bloody genius who sets out to make games fun and by and large, always succeeds. I listed EAD to give em some credit, but really, it all belongs to Shigsy. Anyone that can bring Zelda and Mario into 3D and make them better than they were before is a genius.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ubisoft: all their games are region-free and fantastic. they also come on forums and keep people updated .

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I agree with Capcom and reason given in first post.

Squaresoft was good.
Square-Enix is more like, milk, milk, milk, milk, milk, milk. From a business point of view though, it's working and they're rolling in it.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I second the Konami nomination.

Squaresoft was good.
Square-Enix is more like, milk, milk, milk, milk, milk, milk. From a business point of view though, it's working and they're rolling in it.
FFVII...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Here are mine;

- Square Enix/Square/Squaresoft (ff series, KH series, vagrant story front mission series, chrono cross)
- Capcom (Onimusha series, Resident Evil series, Okami, Breath of Fire series, Dino Crisis, Devil May Cry series)
- SCEA (God of War, Crash Bandicoot series)
- Namco (Tekken series, Soul Calibur series)
- Bioware (Baldur's gate series, Icewind Dale series, Planescape:Torment, Neverwinter Nights)

blackkatz

HSC
Mine:

- Square-Enix <hell, I dream of working in SE!>

- Blizzard <for the cool Starcarft and Warcratf series>

- Rockstar Games <for their "creative" games>

- The guys and company that created Doom series <3d was it?>

- Konami <Metal Gear Solid and Grand Turismo series>

- Capcom <Devil May Cry series>

- KOEI <for the mindless
bashing games like Dynasty and Samurai Warriors series >

Those are the big ones. There's too many small companys for me to write.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)