Favourite Scene in a movie (1 Viewer)

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
oh well. lol in mean girls, i love the part where theyre in that shop that Janis works at, and they see their teacher. and damien goes "oh i love seeing teachers out of school. Its like seeing a dog walk on its hind legs" BBBBBBBBAHAHAH
hahah i love that whole scene ..

"my nanna takes her wig off when she's drunk?"
"your nanna and i have that in common"

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i have sooo many so i'll just list the ones i can think of right now

my sassy girl - when he creeps into the lecture theatre all disguised, and she starts playing pachelbel's canon, he walks down the stairs, she gets up, he hands her the rose... the moment stops... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh

- the end, where his aunt is pinching his cheeks, adn the girl realises it's him and tears roll down her cheeks... i cry every damn time

kill bill - the part in my sig, where gogo stabs the japanese businessman:
"How about now, big boy?
Do you still wish to penetrate me...
or is it I who has penetrated you?"

- the anime sequence

- when o-ren ishii chops off the guy's head, and her soliloquy! "The price you pay for bringing up either my chinese or american heritage is, i collect your fucking head. just like this fucker here (insert japanese translation here). now, if any of you sons of bitches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE FUCKING TIME!
... i didn't think so. *drops head on table*"

closer - when julia roberts tells clive owen she's been cheating on him, and he asks her to explain the sex in explicit detail

- when clive owen and jude law are cybering

zoolander - the walkoff!!

- "who am i?"
*phone rings* "GOD??"

- "what is this?? a center for ANTS???"

- "merman! *delicate cough* MERMAN!!"

amelie
- when she's wondering how many people are having an orgasm

- when nino shows up at her place

phantom of the opera
- at the beginning, when the first chord plays and the theatre changes from black and white to colour... i cried!!

the sound of music
- when the captain starts singing "sound of music" with the children
- when liesl and rolf are dancing in the thingy
- the whole do-re-mi song
- the lonely goatherd

battle royale
- more chiaki kuriyama - when she stabs the guy repeatedly in the crotch

cruel intentions
- when "colourblind" starts to play, and sebastian's standing at the top of the escalators and annette's going up....

- the "down boy" scene

pirates of the caribbean
will: "what did he use for rope?"
mr. gibbs: "uh, well..."
jack: "human hair. from my back."

Lundy said:
Singin’ in the Rain – “I can’t stand him.” - “I caaayn’t staaynd im’” - “I can’t stand him.” - “I caayn’t staaynd im’” – “Can’t!” – “Caaayn’t!” – “Can’t!” – “Caaayn’t!”
hahaha i love you!

HSC
Here's a few that spring to mind from the last thing I watched, happens to be the Devil's Rejects. Scenes are fairly self-explanatory.

Adam Banjo: Please, mister. This is insane.
Otis B. Driftwood: Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone.

-

Captain J.T. Spaulding: What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?

Jamie: [shakes head crying]

Captain J.T. Spaulding: Why? Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we fuckin' funny? You best come up with an answer, cos I'm gonna come back here and check on you and your momma and if you ain't got a reason why you hate clowns, I'm gonna kill your whole fucking family.

Jamie: [continues crying]

Captain J.T. Spaulding: All right, now get your fuckin' ass out the car, go on yayayayayaya [starts laughing]

-

Otis B. Driftwood: There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
bubz :D said:
kill bill

- the anime sequence

- when o-ren ishii chops off the guy's head, and her soliloquy! "The price you pay for bringing up either my chinese or american heritage is, i collect your fucking head. just like this fucker here (insert japanese translation here). now, if any of you sons of bitches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE FUCKING TIME!
... i didn't think so. *drops head on table*"

closer - when julia roberts tells clive owen she's been cheating on him, and he asks her to explain the sex in explicit detail

amelie

- when nino shows up at her place
I love you bubz, especially that amelie scene and she kisses nino's face. I die everytime and start crying.

crash - when the detective's brother has died and he's in the morgue with his mother and she's going on about how her dead son bought her groceries.

Kyle O'Brien

HSC
The Deer Hunter: The first Russian Roulette scene with Christopher Walken and De Niro, that is pretty intense.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest: When Chief smothers McMurphy at the end before smashing the window and escaping.

Taxi Driver: The blood soaked finale, and the cops come in, and you see Bickle, blood pouring out of his wounds, put his fingers to his head and pretend to shoot himself. That glint in De Niro's eyes was scary, it looked like pure evil mixed with insanity.

Now to go out on a lighter note:
Evil Dead: When Ash throws the Book of the Dead into the fire, and the deadites explode in a gruesome end, continually splattering Ash with blood. Probably the first touch of horror-comedy we were about to experience in the Evil Dead series.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Can't think of anything else at the moment but the opening scene in 28 Weeks Later... is golden. Really set the mood up for the rest of the movie

T

trolloutaface

The scene from the movie 'A walk to remember' where they're in the middle of the play, and Shane west forgets his lines when he sees how beautiful Mandy moore looks. Then at the end of the play he kisses her in front of the audience, even though it wasn't part of the act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ofeDruIwTM

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
V for Vendetta -
When V addresses the entire nation and asks them to stand beside him against the corrupt government.

And later when they walk to the outside of Parliament.

Dangerous Minds -
Scene when that one dude puts his 2cents in on the Poetry.

That mexican calculus movie -
When they get their marks back.

Basically, any move with like underdogs winning or achieving something.

Last edited:
T

trolloutaface

sam04u said:
Dangerous Minds -
Scene when that one dude puts his 2cents in on the Poetry.
OMG I LOVE THAT MOVIE.

I like watching how their attitudes change and they begin to appreciate what their english teacher is trying to do.

and how at the end of the movie they don't want her to leave and force her to stay.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
[calling the police]
Jeannie: There is an intruder - male, Caucasian, possibly armed, certainly weird - in my kitchen... M-my-my-my name is Bueller...
[pause]
Jeannie: Look, it's real nice that you hope my brother is feeling better, but I'm in danger, okay? I am very cute, very alone and very protective of my body. I don't want it violated or killed, all right? I need help! Speaka de English? DICKHEAD!

Zoolander
Derek Zoolander: Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.

Derek Zoolander: What? Are you here to tell me what a bad eugoogoolizer I am?
Matilda: A what?
Derek Zoolander: A eugoogoolizer... you know one who speaks at funerals.
[Matilda looks at Derek confused]
Derek Zoolander: Or did you think I was too stupid to know what a eugoogooly was?

Matilda: I became...
Hansel: What?
Matilda: Bulimic.
Derek Zoolander: You can read minds?

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Frank's opening song.

Dr. Everett Scott: Janet!
Janet: Dr. Scott!
Brad: Janet!
Janet: Brad!
Frank: Rocky!
[Rocky grunts]
Dr. Everett Scott: Janet!
Janet: Dr. Scott!
Brad: Janet!
Janet: Brad!
Frank: Rocky!
[Rocky grunts]

Sin City
Stuka: [after getting shot with an arrow] Hey... Will ya look at that? It's right through me. Guys, look. It's cut a hole right through me.
Schutz: There's something wrapped around it. Some kind of note.
Manute: Give it to me.
Stuka: Guys, this is starting to really hurt. Just look at it. It's poked a hole right through me. Guys?
Manute: [reading the note] McCarthy, you fool.
Stuka: Guys, don't you think maybe somebody oughta call a doctor for me or something? This isn't the kind of thing you just ignore, guys.
Manute: Out back. Everyone. Bring the women.
Stuka: Guys?

Klump: And, if my current state of much-justified petulance permits me to press the point, you are likeways demonstratably bereft of a working understanding of the perimeters of our beforementioned mission at hand.
Klump: Relevant to said mission is the following query I now put forth to you. Said query concerning matters strictly spatial in nature... Wherein this most streamlined and trunkless of transports, boner-inspiring though it may be, wherein are we to reposit our recently deceased cargo?

Ok that's enough procrastination for now.

jazzmuzik

HSC
House of flying daggers: 1) where the dancer is hitting those beans around the circle, mad stunt work and cinematography! 2) the chase/fight in the green bamboo forrest, so good!

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
OK, I didn't read the whole thread but one of my favourites is in the Fifth Element, at the end-ish when Corbin tells Lilou he needs her.

Also, the blue lady singing.

I love the whole movie =P

Also, I know its been said but the lobby scene in the Matrix is just too cool to ignore.

Oooh, the evidence room in Hot Fuzz, when Nick takes all the stuff out of it.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Dead Presidents

2nd last scene where Anthony (Larenz Tate) goes apeshit in the courtroom after he recieves a life sentence and is all like 'after all the shit i did for this country' while the intro to 'walk on by' is playing in the background, and he throws a chair at the judge

also the scene in that movie where he
returns to kirbys bar after he comes back from the war and 'if you want me to stay' is playing while anthony is acting all cool saying 'sup' to all his old friends

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
Girl, Interrupted: when they start singing 'Downtown' in the hallway outside whatsherface's room.

American Psycho: killing/observations about 80s music

the opening scene in 28 Weeks Later... is golden
this too

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
From 'The Village'

When Ivy Walker (the blind girl) wakes up and goes outside because she sensed Lucious is sitting on her porch, and the conversation that they have.

I liked 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' too, but I liked the movie as a whole, not so much any particuler scene :)

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I know it sounds so stupid, but in Transformers there is a scene after bumblebee and the cop car fight and he answers sam and mikhala's questions and sam gets mikhala to get in the car by saying "When you look back at your life in 50 years don't you wanna say you you had the guts to get in the car" (somethig like this) and the music is perfect, the lighting and everything is just brilliantly shot.

The gladiator scene everyone mentioned would be my second choice

SiN3m

HSC
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoex- when Umbridge asks what Padfoot is and what harry was talking about, and Snape turns around and says 'No idea' his expression is awsome!

Phantom of the Opera- the entire music of the night scene

inasero

Reborn
HSC
in braveheart, mel gibson (willima wallace) while rousing his troops- "All men die, not all men truly live"

casablanca- "We'll always have Paris"

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)