Favourite Sitcoms/Comedy Programs (1 Viewer)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Annegelic said:
Oh yeh i remember Hey dad. Sit down shut up sounds familiar but can't place it.. i think most of the aussie sitcoms were on the abc channel ? Which i never watch. Kath & Kim ! Remembered the name. And Just shoot me & My wife & kids.
actually the ones i mentioned were not on the abc
Hey dad, Newlyweds and Bullpitt were on Seven
Sit Down Shut Up was on ten
All Together Now was on Nine

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
THE ADVENTURES OF LANO AND WOODLEY

If you ever have the chance to see this show... DO IT!! It is the greatest sitcom ever made. These guys are my idols. So funny. 1/2 an hour of jam-packed laughs, and if anyone bags this show out, I will hunt you down and kill you.

miss_megs

HSC
OC! One Tree Hill, That 70s Show, Skithouse, All Saints, Queer Eye, Jerry Springer, Oprah, Dr Phil, Glass House, The Fast Show, Kath and Kim, Cheaters, Dawsons Creek (when it was on!)... thats all i can think of at the moment.

Yes i realise most of them, if not all of them, arent sitcoms or whatever, but i just wrote down all my fav shows :p

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
glycerine said:
oh god you people suck

my wife and kids + skithouse = crimes against humanity

You truely hate My Wife and Kids Huh???

Adrian.

HSC
Red Dwarf, Black Books, Coupling, Teachers, The Office, Faulty Towers, People Like Us.

Most have been mentioned and they're not sitcoms but they're funny.

spiny norman

HSC
Fawlty Towers, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Cheers and Frasier.

The Wonder Years won an Emmy for Best Television Show (Comedy), so I'll throw that in though I'd consider it more of a Drama than a Comedy. Buffy can be in there too, but again it's not a straight-up comedy.

As for Australian sitcoms, there was also The Bob Morrison Show. I loved it when I was a little kid, but that may have been because my surname was Morrison and I had a dog, as from all accounts it was terrible. As you can see, I was rather easily pleased as a little kid.

Frontline is a great Australian comedy, anyway. As was The Games and, going back a little further, The Glynn Nicholas Show and The Late Show. John Safran's recent programmes, John Safran Vs. God especially, were extremely good.

Friends is freaking atrocious, meanwhile.

persephone

HSC
John Safran Vs. God, Scrubs and I classify Family Guy as a comedy.... and My Family (a british comedy usually on friday afternoons at 2:30 on the ABC)

mayhemily

HSC
I started a thread like this, back in the day...
My faves are monty python, the goodies (can't beat that classic english humour) and I must say, i am a friends fan. I hate most other american comedy, i most definitely DONT love raymond!

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
i don't get how chanel seven can show some crap like according to jim and 8 simple rules at prime time and air scrubs after 10:30. stupid management.

B

Bambul

Most of the shows mentioned are actually sitcoms. I get the feeling a lot of people don't actually know tyhe definition of sitcom so, thanks to Wikipedia, here it is:

"A sitcom or situation comedy is a genre of comedy performance originally devised for radio but today typically found on television. Sitcoms usually consist of recurring characters in a format in which there are one or more humorous story lines centred around a common environment, such as a family home or workplace."

So Ab Fab is a sitcom, Monty Python isn't.
The Office is a sitcom, John Saffran vs God isn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)