Favourite soccer team!? (1 Viewer)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
Aliadiere is about 20 or so? 19 maybe?

well, when Anelka was that age, he was at Real Madrid..

i shall say no more.. :cool:
yeah and look at what happened to him once he left arsenal, a fine example of wasted talent. i'd trust wenger's judgement over whether his own players are good enough to make it.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
yeah, and the fact that we've conceded less goals than anyone else in the premiership this season.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Matthew_152
Manchester United....Ruud Van Nistlerooy rules!!!
well, if you like to watch a dutchman resembling a donkey kick the ball into an open net from 1 yard out, then yes, he is quite handy (or as we call him, or i call him, Ruud van Tap-in). Ruud can be admired for his ability to put the easy balls away, but when it comes to dribbling, long range shots, thru balls, vision, creativity, versatility etc. etc... he is about as valuable as Filippo Inzaghi. A 'poacher' in the true-est sense, and IMO definently not the sort of player who deserves to wear a number 10 jersey (which is reserved universally for the creative spark of the side, eg the Rui Costa's, Totti's and Nakamura's of the Serie A, the Sheringhams, Okocha's and Joe Cole's of the EPL and no one cares about the La Liga - or, to put it more correctly, i have yet to know of anyone who has had any significant interest in the La Liga, besides the global revenue-collecting exploits of the 'team with no defence' - Real.) :D

but those who really appreciate football can see past the media hype of extravagant merchandising and exploitation of largely untapped markets (Asia), and notice that Man Utd are a decent side, but at no point meet an equilibrium with their god-like stereotype, especially van Tap-in ;)

And i will not respond to 'loser's somewhat ignorant statement that 'Alan Shearer' is an Arse player - he should be given respect, not criticism.

well, another 2 cents from Reynaldo...

^___^
HSC
hehehe

yea, van isn't versatile

but thing is..playing a lone striker with a supporting striker..u would need a person like van nisterooy rather than say...kluivert of ronaldinho...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
ruud made a nice run and pass from the left of midfield once to giggs. he took out like 3 defenders and giggs went one and one and scored. but thats the only high light i remember from this season.

oh yeah alan shearer,he's a legend. he's still better than half the strikers in the premiership.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by juventino
I'm a Juventus fan people!
well, i suppose a "gobbi" (hunchback) had to grace the forums sooner or later... :rolleyes:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
What are you people on about?! We warmly welcome Arsenal fans as well, don't we? ;)

^___^
HSC
pfft

i ain't a bandwagon supporter..

i've been backing them ever since following soccer which was around world cup 98

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)