Fear Of SC Results (1 Viewer)

independantz

HSC
blackratpoo said:
not long to go. i was just looking a band descriptors on the boardofstudies website and it said in 2007 Science only 3.85% of candidates got a band 6! that freaked me out. the majority of people get into band 4's and 3's and these marks are aligned.......that must of been a really dumb year group.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/bos_stats/sc-cpds.html
You do realise that about 80000 kids sit the SC- so 4% is like 4000 people, which is quite a lot. Lol it's more then the 4 unit maths canditure :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
SC result =/= HSC result

SC's importance to your academic life = 0.01/10
HSC's importance to your academic life = 9.99/10

My friend got Band 4s and 5s in all his school certificate subjects but he is going to get 98+ for his UAI.

On the other hand, my another mate who killed his school certificate is going to get low 90s.

Nothing to worry about.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah I guess you're right lyounamu....

But you see I come from an asian family... Which aint like some normal family who won't care if their child did 'average' in a not so important test.

For me and many other people.... It's a matter of life or death LOL

Nah but seriously.... my parents expect alot from me in the SC's since this whole year... i've got every single subject awardsat the same time... (which was the first time it happend in my school) and... i've been getting in the top #5 rankings for all subjects... except pdhpe ( which the teacher fucked up my trials exams -.- )

Oh well... I guess all work and no play for Isho for the next 2 years (T_T)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Isho said:

But you see I come from an asian family... Which aint like some normal family who won't care if their child did 'average' in a not so important test.

Nah but seriously.... my parents expect alot from me in the SC's since this whole year... i've got every single subject awardsat the same time... (which was the first time it happend in my school) and... i've been getting in the top #5 rankings for all subjects... except pdhpe ( which the teacher fucked up my trials exams -.- )

lol

I am Asian too. The way out of this turmoil is not to tell your parents about you results actually. My parents hardly knew about School Certificate until I told them about it - my worst mistake so far...

studentcheese

HSC
Isho said:

If you are top 5 in all your subjects, then how come you are doing 2 unit Maths and Advanced English? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)