FEAS Applicants - Will your chances lessen if you don't attend the interview? (1 Viewer)

A711

HSC
Hey guys, I applied for FEAS Engineering, and there's an option of whether you want to attend an interview or not.
Will your chances lessen if you pick 'no', over another person who applied and said 'yes'?

(That's including the questions they asked during the application)

My current situation: said 'yes' to interview, but doesn't want to attend any more
I think my ATAR will be in low-90s, or high 80s. Chances?

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
If you don't want to go through FEAS. Then don't go.

JAMLO

HSC
I'm in a similar position as you, I think it will be better for you to go because just in case you don't know what will happen right? So just give it a shot :D

UpperEastSider

HSC
Just go to the interview unless you cannot make it.
I applied through FEAS and did the interview and it was a good experience. I didn't end up needing FEAS to get into engineering although, the interview process was valuable and gave me good insight as to what engineering really is. It is also an opportunity to ask questions about engineering, if you are uncertain about studying engineering. The people that interview you are normally lecturers in the school of engineering you are interested in and are very friendly and great to find out more about what you are going to study and pursue as a career.

Flop21

HSC
Just go to the interview unless you cannot make it.
I applied through FEAS and did the interview and it was a good experience. I didn't end up needing FEAS to get into engineering although, the interview process was valuable and gave me good insight as to what engineering really is. It is also an opportunity to ask questions about engineering, if you are uncertain about studying engineering. The people that interview you are normally lecturers in the school of engineering you are interested in and are very friendly and great to find out more about what you are going to study and pursue as a career.
What do they ask?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Just go. You'll actually learn a bit from that interview too if you are keen (depends on your interviewer too I suppose).

UpperEastSider

HSC
They ask things like why are you interested in engineering, what are your interests, why are you particularly interested in mech/civil/chem/etc engineering, why are you applying to FEAS etc
The questions aren't tricky. The interview is quite casual and relaxed. The interviewer just tries to see what your interests are.

A711

HSC
So I sent in an email, because my circumstances had changed and I genuinely could not attend it. They said that I would be assessed accordingly by Steps 1 and 2 of FEAS (ATAR and HSC Subjects), and I read/found afterwards that the interview was optional. Sounds like a good opportunity though. ^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)