• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Federal Aboriginal intervention (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Depends who you mean by aboriginal experts. Noel Pearson for example supports it. We've been largely following the advice of other more left wing aboriginal experts for the past 20 years (more autonomy etc. less paternalism etc) and it's being a disaster.
And you followed the more right wing people for the hundred or so years prior to that, and it was even more of a disaster. :)

Justin

HSC
withoutaface said:
You questioned my statement that without welfare they wouldn't be able to afford to abuse solvents, I provided a counter argument and all you've been able to do is feign ignorance.
And in saying that they all abuse solvents, you're basing your argument on shit.. Which is suitable, seeing as your argument IS shit.
withoutaface said:
FIrstly, you've done nothing to establish why they're old fashioned. Secondly, it's an appeal to novelty, and that is a fallacy.
Firstly, old fashioned paternalism has been shown to not work. ESPECIALLY when it's for the wrong reasons like what you are promoting. No, not racial abuse, but racial abuse justified for Economics reasons. Because being a liberal supporter, that's all you really care about.
withoutaface said:
Give reasons why. Wikipedia tells me that there are lower levels of abuse and unemployment in the city,
1) Wikipedia. Seriously accurate business. 2) Link?
withoutaface said:
so unless there's a very good reason for keeping them away I can't see why you're arguing against me.
Because it's their homeland? And you have no evidence that moving them into the cities is going to improve their lifestyle ENOUGH to justify it. ie. redfern.
withoutaface said:
My argument is that people are generally better off when they earn their own money, because it gives them a sense of self worth, a reason not to abuse themselves and a grasp of what they're spending is actually worth.
And if it was that easy then i am sure that they would. But we know that it's not that easy.
withoutaface said:
You've stated that it is because of underlying problems in the community, seemingly refuting my point, except for the fact that I conceded that the initial situation was mostly due to European intervention.
So what is your solution again? I believe its more European intervention. Excellent.
withoutaface said:
So bottle-to-mouth is a reflex now?
In what circumstances would you CHOOSE to live like they do?
withoutaface said:
Unless there's going to be racism from other people of their own race, then I can't see how it will happen.
Lucky we have you on their side then. You really have it in to protect their interests. Much like all the other wankers on this thread who are normally conservative try-hards.
withoutaface said:
What precludes them from getting back into it?
You tell me.
withoutaface said:
I'm saying that if they want welfare from a capitalist society, they should actively seek work in said society.
It's not as easy as that.
withoutaface said:
That's not a big ask, is it?
No it's not to much to ask. Just ask them to continue conforming to White society. Get a job. Don't abuse solvents. Just.. BE Like us. Not because i'm a white supramacist, but because it's more economically sound in my opinion.
withoutaface said:
To attempt to contribute back to the society which is giving you a leg up?
Giving them a leg up straight after they have knocked them down?
withoutaface said:
So hang on, here you are saying that indigenous people are on par with the mobility of the disabled and the intelligence of children, and yet I'm the racist?
I said that they are on par with disabled?

I said that there are numerous examples of people who receive money without the imaginary obligation to pay it back that you say there is.
Karl Marx said:
I think what Justin is saying is that Aboriginals are too stupid to hold jobs, too stupid to look after their family, too stupid to live in big cities. They can't do anything without welfare. They have to self-control to anything "white man" invented.

He's the racist.
umm uh... i don't really know how to reply to this without getting my self banned from BOS. So I wont. I'll also add you to my ignore list.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Justin said:
Because it's their homeland? And you have no evidence that moving them into the cities is going to improve their lifestyle ENOUGH to justify it. ie. redfern.
Is true, I suppose, but the quality of life in Redfern is wildly greater than that of outside, say, Alice Springs. I'll postulate that the reason for that is because those who live in Redfern aren't out of the way, and thus the Howard and Iemma governments can't simply ignore these people like they do to all else (barring immediately before a close federal election, of course).

Justin

HSC
Anyone who says Redfern is wildly greater than outside Alice Springs obviously hasn't been to redfern. It doesn't matter if it's a tad better, it's still hell there.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Justin said:
No it's not to much to ask. Just ask them to continue conforming to White society. Get a job. Don't abuse solvents. Just.. BE Like us. Not because i'm a white supramacist, but because it's more economically sound in my opinion.
So you mean living in a prosperous society with high standards of living is a 'white' thing? Racist. :D

Justin

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
So you mean living in a prosperous society with high standards of living is a 'white' thing? Racist. :D
I was articulating the motivation behind what he's saying. He's viewing it in black and white terms, and i was showing that even if it can be viewed in black and white terms, it doesn't make sense. (lol, black and white terms..)

sthcross.dude

HSC
Justin said:
Anyone who says Redfern is wildly greater than outside Alice Springs obviously hasn't been to redfern. It doesn't matter if it's a tad better, it's still hell there.
hahaha Redfern is hell. its really not that bad. even on eveliegh st it may seem hell to us but to them the fact that there is lots of crime, drugs, alcoholism ect makes it like heaven to them.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I'd like to hear some indigenous opinions on these matters.

But bos is far too racist, it scares away all the ethnics, besides the Arab/Jew thread.

phoebe315

HSC
Mal Brough is a champion. Compelled to act and sink millions into that worthless backwater, so affected was he by the extent of the abuse in the NT. A true liberal humanitarian.

Justin

HSC
phoebe315 said:
Mal Brough is a champion. Compelled to act and sink millions into that worthless backwater, so affected was he by the extent of the abuse in the NT. A true liberal humanitarian.
So are you for or against it?
And if you are for it, why do you insult them by calling it a worthless backwater?
Are you another one of these conservative try-hards who suddenly turn bleeding heart on this issue?

Justin

HSC
sthcross.dude said:
hahaha Redfern is hell. its really not that bad.
How do you know?
sthcross.dude said:
even on eveliegh st it may seem hell to us but to them the fact that there is lots of crime, drugs, alcoholism ect makes it like heaven to them.
Yeh it sure does :rolleyes:

But you're so much better than them, so you aren't inclined to find heaven in such desperate circumstances. Lucky you're human. You're special.

HSC
Justin said:

Anyone who says Redfern is not "wildly greater" than outside Alice Springs has obviously never been to Alice Springs.

sthcross.dude said:
even on eveliegh st it may seem hell to us but to them the fact that there is lots of crime, drugs, alcoholism ect makes it like heaven to them.[/quote[]

That's right. Aborginal peoples as a whole want to be worse off. It's the suicide gene unique to the Aboriginal races of the world. Whereas the white and asian races have something known as the 'will to live', everyone knows black people actually have the opposite. They want to die. They would rather be poor than successful.

HSC
um no.
they havent always been living around ayers rock.
they lived all over australia.

now they're left with 'shit land' as i call it.
maybe if you had a good look at it yourself, you'd see how brilliant it would be to eat rock for breakfast.

HSC
minnn2 said:
hahahaha.
was the first time i've been to ayers rock.

freaking.

i'd probably commit suicide if i lived there.

absolute barren land.

:)
Okay. You don't like it thats fine.
You do realise that the aboriginals who live out there have always lived out there, don't you?

It's not like the government grabbed the aborignals who lived around Sydney and dumped them in the desert. Those living at Uluru WANT TO LIVE THERE.

It's their traditional land. If you are so concenered for the Aboriginal people, at least have the courtesy to call Uluru by its proper, Aboriginal name, as its not known as Ayers Rock anymore.

blahmeh

HSC
in simple words john howard is a dickhead...my vote goes to labor

HSC
blahmeh said:
in simple words john howard is a dickhead...my vote goes to labor
:rofl: :burn:

thankyou. that was very helpful and relevant to this discussion.

Fortunately, your opinion is worthless for at least another two years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)