Federer breaks Nadal clay streak at Hamburg!!! French Open Next? (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
nadal is still the one to beat when it comes to clay, so a slight mishap wont deter him

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
BritneySpears said:
Andy Roddick will be back.
Compared to either Nadal or Federer, Roddick is terrible.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
darkroomgirl said:
Roger Federer 2 6 6
Rafael Nadal 6 2 0

DANG!

So what's gonna happen at the French?!?
i hope there will be similar result at the French

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
nadal hit a bit of a slump going into the final. he struggled against hewitt and was only lucky to pull something out of the hat. but fed was something else. i mean, if you are not on your best form, fed will rip you apart.

fed is still an unbelievably good player, but i think he has lost that aura lately, namely the few tournaments prior to the masters.

nadal will win the french again, imo.

darkroomgirl

HSC
wuddie said:
fed is still an unbelievably good player, but i think he has lost that aura lately, namely the few tournaments prior to the masters.
Hmmm. He DID part ways with Tony Roche, so I would say that's been bearing a lot on his mind lately.

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
Nadal wasnt playing well in Hamburg (relatively), thats clear - though the Hewitt semi shouldnt be written off, hes getting back into some form. I wouldnt make a prediction for the French until the quarters, but at this stage a Federer win is becoming more and more likely.

And to the idiot who calls this an inferior era, those kind of copmparisons are invalid, the game is constantly evolving, the kind of tennis McEnroe, Borg etc played would have been punished nowadays.

ps. Federer would have owned Sampras at Wimbledon

darkroomgirl

HSC
I wonder how a Sampras-Federer match would have played out if both players were at their peaks. That was Sampras' last hurrah at Wimbledon before retiring... plus Federer was only 19 or something, coming off fresh from the juniors.

Here's an interestesing one... Nadal at his peak vs. Sampras at his peak. Who do you reckon would win and why?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Nadal at his peak wouldnt even match sampras when played on grass and hard court
on clay however, nadal could and probably will beat sampras
nadal is just isnt as good on hard courts and grass....most spaniards and latinos are more familiarised with clay courts

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
damn hewitt is getting pwned by nadal

darkroomgirl

HSC
Federer got owned by Robredo in the 2nd set of the quarterfinal, 6-1.

But then he replied by taking the second set 6-1 in just 20 minutes. Freakish.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it should be another nadal vs federer final.
seeing how hewitt got absolutely owned in 3, while federer struggled, nadal should win his 3rd straight french open quite comfortably

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
except he wont win it anytime soon...unless nadal has an injury or something

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yea a nadal federer final in grand slams are turning out to be an expected match up, so no real surprises there. neither player has been troubled by anyone throughout the tournament and they are really dominating men's tennis at the moment.

i am not sure if anyone takes notice, but aust has some really great young talents. greg jones (aus) is through to the boys' singles final. aust has 4 of the top 10 boys in the world at the moment. i reckon if they get enough exposure to the big tournaments and given them the right coaches, aust will excel in men's tennis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)