FENCING... lol (1 Viewer)

Scissors

HSC
i never knew that putting up a fence is considered a sport.

SiN3m

HSC
no but it looks mad and have always wanted to...will start...some day -_-

Hypermelon

HSC
My school is starting its own fencing club. When the principal announced it at assembly everyone thought he was joking. Maybe he meant fencing. the picket kind

if only we could replace the fencing swords with these:jedi:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I do japanese fencing. Ie; Kendo =]

Much better than european fencing. =p

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
I do japanese fencing. Ie; Kendo =]

Much better than european fencing. =p
Ah it's not 'better' just different in the context of a different circumstances. Unless you mean you've tried fencing and like kendo better which is fair enough! I enjoyed both. Have you also tried iaido?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Ah it's not 'better' just different in the context of a different circumstances. Unless you mean you've tried fencing and like kendo better which is fair enough! I enjoyed both. Have you also tried iaido?
I've tried fencing and prefer kendo. Sorry for the lack of clarification in my post. Kendo was just more tough on you. Plus i like the respect part of kendo as well.

I haven't tried iaido yet, but I've been meaning to oncei 've got the time to/find a proper place.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Kendo was just more tough on you. Plus i like the respect part of kendo as well.
Yeah kendo can be hell on wheels when they make you do the drills non-stop. Did you ever train with the suburito? That absolutely kills the your forearm.

There's respect in european fencing as well, you know, the gentlemenly fencer, duelling with honour between two gentlemen, that kind of thing. But of course the japanese have stricter traditions you must follow, often stemming from notions of spirituality and zen which is lacking in the european side of things.

Last edited:
HSC
I started with foil, but that sucks so I'm an epeeist who prefers sabre. I like the blood, the adrenaline, the rush, the excitement, the victory. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)