Fights with parents!! (1 Viewer)

Shroddyy

Year 12 student in hell
HSC
:burn:OMG ok well i honestly have been coping well with the hsc so far....have just had the 2 english exams for now!

but next monday, i have 2u maths, then IPT on tuesday, 3u maths on wednesday and software of thursday!

now....my tutor rings up my parents and says that the 12 hours i spend on studying in a day isnt well spent and i should put more time on effing MATHS!! :burn:

i keep telling my stupid tutor and my parents that i have to study alot for other subjects too like software, IPT and economics! especially software because im weak at that! but theyre like "no no maths is much more important"

im so so so so sick of having fights with my parents, ESPECIALLY NOW when its the most crucial time and they should be proud of their son for being confident and happy so far with the exams completed....and should be showing support 24/7 to get me thru all of this!!

anyone else got family/parent problems??

ive honestly had enuff and i always contemplate just losing motivation and letting go, but i dont wana ruin my own life because of THEM!!!

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
My parents have never had arguments with me about my lack of study but they did tell me to study a lot before and during my trials, which did get a little annoying but meh.

Now that the HSC exams are on, they're being unbelievably supportive. :D

Just tell your parents to back off - 12 hours a day is more than enough.

+ Your tutor is on crack. :uhhuh:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
If you're going to let your tutor and parents walk all over like you like that, you probably don't deserve good marks.

I must say though, you have one fucked-up timetable. I hope it all goes well. Focus on what you think are your weakest areas and prioritise for yourself. You're the only one who knows what you need.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Why would your tutor ring up and tell you to study more of their subject? I mean seriously they are getting paid no matter how good or bad you do so they should be off your back.

As Megan said, your the student and it is your HSC you will know what is best for you to get everything done and be prepared for the exams.

Maybe talk to your parents tell them how you are preparing what your plans are etc might help them understand more.

As for the other part of your question throughout my HSC my parents didn't place any pressure or expectations on me it was all my own. :)

andykillz

HSC
lol well i used to , but now theyre pretty understanding so its all good.
im glad my parents dont have a huge influence on my uni preferences and all - unlike most of my friends , who arent even allowed to do what they want.

but yeah , dw , in 2 weeks it`ll be all over.
hang in there !!

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Is it your HSC, or your tutor and parents' HSC?

By the sounds of it, it's the latter.
<333333

So succinct. I wish I could express myself that well.

^emmie^

HSC
how do they know what ur studying just do what YOU feel is right for YOU not for them when its all over and you get your results you can show them how good uve done (obviously gonna do good studying 12hrs a day) and then they like b all proud of u and forget u ever fought!

as for my parents they dont really worry about telling me what to do cause i have two older brothers n i do a lot more than they ever did so yer they think i do alot lol not that i relly do ,, but sometimes i would like it if they pressured me a bit cause it gets u motivated but obvioulsy not as much as urs

shit u have cramed timetable good luck i hope u go good to show them who knows best ... YOU

mzduxx2006

HSC
Shroddyy said:
:burn:OMG ok well i honestly have been coping well with the hsc so far....have just had the 2 english exams for now!

but next monday, i have 2u maths, then IPT on tuesday, 3u maths on wednesday and software of thursday!

now....my tutor rings up my parents and says that the 12 hours i spend on studying in a day isnt well spent and i should put more time on effing MATHS!! :burn:

i keep telling my stupid tutor and my parents that i have to study alot for other subjects too like software, IPT and economics! especially software because im weak at that! but theyre like "no no maths is much more important"

im so so so so sick of having fights with my parents, ESPECIALLY NOW when its the most crucial time and they should be proud of their son for being confident and happy so far with the exams completed....and should be showing support 24/7 to get me thru all of this!!

ive honestly had enuff and i always contemplate just losing motivation and letting go, but i dont wana ruin my own life because of THEM!!!
ur parents sound like my parents...i believe u r caught up in the "2nd migrant generation" like me :( my dad INSISTS i should study chemistry although i have no reason y. im shoking at it. so i dont mind if i fail :(

nesseh

HSC
ahh i have 2u then ipt and then 3u too... far out i hate it
i was going to drop 3 unit about 3 weeks ago when my reports came, turns out it's too late :mad1:

no motivation for 3unit.
anyone know what happens if i just dont rock up to it?

samuel slack

HSC
Dude, just sit the exam, and try to get the marks. Who cares if you fail it... better than any consequences you might face if you don't sit it.

~untitled~

HSC
Havent had that problem. Mum is overseas, dad is never home.

I suggest you do what you think is right, what do you think you need to work on most.

nesseh

HSC
samuel slack said:
Dude, just sit the exam, and try to get the marks. Who cares if you fail it... better than any consequences you might face if you don't sit it.
yeah, that's true.

thanks for your input.

HSC
bringbackshred said:
<333333

So succinct. I wish I could express myself that well.
:eek:
mzduxx2006 said:
...i should study chemistry although i have no reason y. im shoking at it. so i dont mind if i fail :(
I'm atempting to study for it now... but I don't think it's working. :(
~untitled~ said:
Havent had that problem. Mum is overseas, dad is never home.
Awww. :(

HSC
seriously...just ignore them...its what i do :)
it works out well....fighting back just prolongues fights and wastes time...

my parents even forbade(wait is that a word? i'm having a mindblank) me to do the uni courses i want -.-' so i'll have to change them last minute *sigh*

HSC
12 hours a day is animal. just tell your tutor to go f*ck himself. he just wants you to do awesome so he can jack up tuition prices. and your parents are on your back because they dont know any better. just tell them you know what youre doing, and if you still screw up, be proud that you did it yourself and not everyone else shitting all over you.

ive never studied 12 hours a day, so im guessing theres some kind of threshold that youre brain shuts down and does nothing more. so 12 hours a day isnt doing any good - just sleep more.

pity you dont do ext eng - in my case (postmodernism) watching simpsons is a way of studying for ext eng. be creative and come up with an excuse.

Legham

HSC
If they're complaining about 12 hours not being enough, then they're insane and you should leave right now. Just laugh at them and tell them to stfu and do your own thing. I always laugh at my mum when she says i should do study :) Shes right, but studyings boring.

cc =)

HSC
Shroddyy said:

ha. your like me; next week is pretty crazy for me - 4 consecutive exams T.T"
mon: 2u
tues: bio
wed: 3u
thurs: ancient
i dont like how parents put too much pressure on their kids on doing well . like farrout, how easy do you think it is to get a 99.99 uai ? and yes , most parents think maths is everything ..
my parents have high expectations for me and honestly, the pressure is making me screw up my exams. If you let them know how you feel then they`ll most likely back off =)

anywhos , goodluck peoples !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)