Filed complaint against teachers. (1 Viewer)

AtlasX

HSC
I filed a complaint against a few teachers because of their methods (read and highlight). However, even though I asked to remain anonymous I'm worried that they'll find out and hence mark me harshly. The thing is I want to come first in these subjects and if they find out I complained they will mark me harshly and treat me badly. Am I overreacting?

buriza

conviction
HSC
Look at it this way. You cannot really control whether or not the teachers find out if they end up doing so. You have already filed a complaint, so it is a little bit fruitless to be thinking about it too much. If your anonymity is ensured, which I am sure it will be, you should have nothing to worry about. :)

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Id say toughen up?! Its a lesson to learn in life that you will work under people who you hate. Find a way to deal with it.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Id say toughen up?! Its a lesson to learn in life that you will work under people who you hate. Find a way to deal with it.
Just don't do what I did and deal with it by arguing with the teacher arrogantly every lesson.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
If the teachers in question penalise you for filing a complaint then they should not be teaching. The should be able to hold up in a professional manner and hope that the student is wrong instead of taking marks of you.

However of you're making a complaint for no reason (ie don't like the way they walk, don't like the way they "teach") you are defaming them (the lawyers correct me on this one) and in which case you should not only be worried about being thrown out of school but also facing a law suit

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I filed a complaint against a few teachers because of their methods (read and highlight). However, even though I asked to remain anonymous I'm worried that they'll find out and hence mark me harshly. The thing is I want to come first in these subjects and if they find out I complained they will mark me harshly and treat me badly. Am I overreacting?
I hope you're not simply reporting these teachers because you have obtained some poor results, ultimately it is up to the individual to ensure they are properly prepared for exams and assignments.

britaker

HSC
I spose it also depends on what kind of school you go to (i.e. private/public) in terms of what could be done about the teachers. At the school I go to, which is private, my cohort has "fired" about 3 English teachers in the span of 1.5 years (thankfully I wasn't taught by any of them xD).
Bit damn picky of them to do that if you'd asked me though.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
These teachers will probably know who has made the complaint-but ultimately it depends on what kind of process your school actually implements in relation to these circumstances. You can't really control how teachers react-but as a general rule, you need to make sure you are taking an adequate amount of responsibility for your own learning-particularly in senior years where one can't simply attribute poor results to poor teaching-worry less and focus more on your studies:)-best wishes for acing your HSC this year:)

enoilgam

HSC
Not to be mean, but i kind of agree with this - you are going to encounter crappy teachers/bosses at some point in life and you cant complain all the time. In uni it's even worse, because lecturers hold more power than HS teachers and a poor teaching style can really set you back (added to the fact that you will be paying through the nose for each course). You just have to adapt and learn how to deal with it because it is an important life skill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)