film techniques (1 Viewer)

zabra

HSC
Does anyone know the film techniques used in "my sisters keeper"?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
This site isn't specific to My Sister's Keeper, but I can guarantee that My Sister's Keeper will use some of the techniques and ideas suggested here.

ac91

HSC
Mise en scene.
Repitition of images.
Close up camera angles.
Panning.
Tracking.
diagetic sound and non diagetic sound.

zabra

HSC
i doubt i would get away with that with my teacher, she seems to know everything

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you can make up a text with techniques and themes and all, you're good enough to analyse someone else's text.
Of course. But if your trapped in an exam with an unrelatable text (which you shouldn't if you've prepared), then making it up is the way to go. Good fake choices are:
Local Magazine Articles
Small Independent Films
Concept Albums
Short Video Clips

:D

zabra

HSC
i dont understand how mise en scene is used in the film? explain anyone

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
How does the positioning of the setting and the characters influence the ideas of belonging expressed in the film. That's how it is used.

zabra

HSC
ohh ahha well i guess if its used in every film its not realy necessary to include it as a technique

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
ohh ahha well i guess if its used in every film its not realy necessary to include it as a technique
Nope, you are free to use techniques that are used in -every- film. The difference is that the technique is used for a different reason in each film, ergo, it has a different effect on the audience. Find what effect a particular technique has on the audience, and there's no reason whatsoever that you cannot use a particular technique in your essay. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)