• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Final Fantasy X (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
What, in terms of gameplay, story, music?

I think the story is a little weak and the Junction System makes it far too easy to make unbeatable characters relatively early on if you know what you're doing ...

samuel slack

HSC
I like 8 because its different compared to all the others... while 7 has the best storyline of all of them. Bit... i must say they all kick ass... and the characters from each of them are awesome in their own way.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Can a mod run this one into the other Final Fantasy thread?

Sonata

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
I've always liked Nobuo Uematsu's scores (except for Lindblum Castle in FFIX). I can't remember his name, but I also liked the score of the guy who did FFXII a lot.
the other guy that helped Nobou composed the music was Hitoshi Sakimoto, nobou visited sydney a couple of yrs ago and Sakimoto visited sydney like a couple of months ago

Member232135

HSC
N/A
Final Fantasy 7 was the best in my opinion, graphics werent crash hot but the story line kept me playing for years(kept restarting). Final fantasy 10 was very emotive and got me really into it... final fantasy 12 is i dunno, i gave it to my friend to play, just cant grab my attention for long enough for me to think about playing it.

I love the sound tracks off ff7 and ffx. For sure One winged Angel is the best game peice ever written.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Final Fantasy VII had that gorgeous overworld scene.

Best FF piece? Bahh, too many to name. Terra is great though

OMGRX7

HSC
ff9 was #1...about ffx, dark yojimbo is fkn impossible to beat, you have to kill him like 5 times. i only managed to kill him twice, and diedon the 3rd...

sxcs15

HSC
Cai Zhi Long said:
I would have to say that this is by far one of the most superior games that I have played.
i disagree i think that minsweeper flags on icrosoft windows is the best gamei ever played. Every time you click you just dont no what you are gona get...OHHH the suspence

milanista

HSC
Final Fantasy X was great. It's my favourite game in the series. Great graphics, storyline, and all other likeliness. I also love Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX, however, I could never get into XII.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
8 was good because of the renzokuken. 9 wasnt as good because it had no big miracle slashy attack :(

and my ff7 disc 3 is scratched, and unplayable. gah!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
cuppas said:
9 wasnt as good because it had no big miracle slashy attack :(
Uh, do you not remember Zidane's Grand Lethal when in Trance? You couldn't get Squall's Lionheart until the latter stages of the game because the items for the gunblade were so hard to find. But you could get Zidane's final Trance attack as soon as you got the Angel Bless and the Thievery skill, which was very close to the beginning of Disc 3, far sooner than anyone else.

FFXII doesn't have a "big miracle slashy attack" (though some Quickenings look like the really should rip a hold in the fabric of the universe), but it's easily the best in the series.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
but it wasnt interactive like renzokuken lol
i just mean the thrill of smacking R1 and seeing him hurt the guy more
and for his normal attacks too
i swear, i was doing that instinctively for zidane for the LONGEST time when i went from 8 to 9

FF-ULTIMATE

HSC
KyleandError said:
FF XII is better than X.
But VI and VII are texhnically the best.
My personal favourite is IX though, just for its characters and art style.

I did like the world of Spira though in 10, very very beautiful.

FFX's Graphics are superb and its world Is great but the storyline was a bit lacking FFIX's storyline was a lot better

:wave:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Cai Zhi Long said:
I would have to say that this is by far one of the most superior games that I have played.
Final Fantasy 10 = Greatest Game in History.

Final Fantasy 12 was great also, but I've always had an attachment to Yuna. (Not Tidus, he was just whiny).

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Mabs said:
FF8 has always been my favourite, though I don't really know why.
Squall is the hottest FF character out there.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
notoneto said:
Omislash was a big slashy attack wasn't it?
Omnislash isn't in FFXII ... right? I wouldn't know, I've only just finished off the storyline events at the Stilshrine of Miriam and I'm about to head back towards Mt. Bur-Omisace (I've been up to here before, but that was a rental and I didn't get much further, only to the start of the Mosphoran Highwaste).

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Omnislash isn't in FFXII ... right?
Given that you can only do quickenings which deal the same type of damage for everyone, I'd say no :p Quickenings are fun to do, but become useless towards the end.

I'm still stuck in that stupid Grand Crystal thing..well not stuck, it's just that I haven't played it for like 6 months now :D I'm too lazy to finish it despite being so close. I'll do so on my break ~_~ And I need to do so before I get Revenant Wings on DS which comes out soon.

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
I really can't be fucked finishing FFXII. I anticipated it so heavily for years, and now I don't want to touch it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)