Final Fantasy XIII (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Damn fanboys won't admit it's not the best game ever.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
My PS3 copy is still sitting at the post office.

And my collectors edition guide is still sitting inside my bag

And I'm still sitting at work...

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I reckon XII was better, but such an opinon is formed from playing both at friends' houses.

I just think that XIII seems far too linear. It kinda takes away from the epicness of it.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Just bought XIII earlier today. Have been playing it 5 hour straight. Visuals are incredibly good.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Sorry i meant XIII. Im so overwhelmed by its awesomeness that i've lost my ability to type.
Give us an infomral review of some sorts based on what youv'e plaeyd at the moment including pros and cons.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Fuck, I hate you guys right now....

Oh well, the wait will give me time to do uni work and play heavy rain and bioshock 2

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Give us an infomral review of some sorts based on what youv'e plaeyd at the moment including pros and cons.
Pro's:

Graphics are absolutely beautiful. The main characters as well as NPC's have an immense amount of detail. The in game world is stunning and i can't even begin to describe it's epic-ness. Mind you my ps3 is hooked up to a 40inch plasma via HDMI cable. (Apparently PS3 version has a higher resolution then 360 version???)

Battle scenes seem to flow very well and give a fair bit of variety.

Story line is really deep and engaging and has alot more darker moments then i thought.

Con's:

Im sure this will be a con for everyone and that is how linear the adventure is. I get this feeling of "start here, finish there and do shit in between". Would have liked to have seen a bit more of the ability to just randomly explore and perhaps a puzzle or mini game here and there.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
For anyone playing final fantasy xiii, here's a trick l found that helps in battle. When performing any combo, just as you're performing the last move, paradigm shift quickly to another move set and you'll have a full ATB bar ready to use. This is especially useful against the tougher enemies later on in the game (just... keep playing it, believe me it evolves into something more than just mashing the x button)

Yeh it takes a mighty victorious dump over 12, l hated 12 and it seemed your goal was to be a sky pirate and then you got wrapped up in the government or some shit. ehhh that game just was not appealing.
So l guess it's fair to say xiii might be worth getting to you,kinda breaks from the old final fantasy formula in a sense but it's still enjoyable.
Only problem is the start has really bad pacing and they have to pretty much use the first 7 hours of the game to slowly introduce the battle mechanics all while shoving the story down your throat too, because the story is a bit confusing but it develops more as you go and things make sense.... See More

Actually you play as a lady in this, she's pretty much just 'Vagina Cloud' and is a soldier and stuff >_> but she's not as emo or anything,no we have one little kid character devoted to that role.
Same gamer, bloody funny guy.

badquinton304

HSC
Gunna get this and demon souls and see which one is better.
Yay PS3 get superior version.
FF critic scores inferior to other FF's, see what happens when you go multiplatform.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Pro's:

Graphics are absolutely beautiful. The main characters as well as NPC's have an immense amount of detail. The in game world is stunning and i can't even begin to describe it's epic-ness. Mind you my ps3 is hooked up to a 40inch plasma via HDMI cable. (Apparently PS3 version has a higher resolution then 360 version???)

Battle scenes seem to flow very well and give a fair bit of variety.

Story line is really deep and engaging and has alot more darker moments then i thought.

Con's:

Im sure this will be a con for everyone and that is how linear the adventure is. I get this feeling of "start here, finish there and do shit in between". Would have liked to have seen a bit more of the ability to just randomly explore and perhaps a puzzle or mini game here and there.
yeah, 360's version is 576p instead of 1080p which is what PS3 is native at. The first full HD game on the ps3 out (as far as I know).

Also, it is a great game but as said - pacing in the beginning is bad which might throw gamers off. Friend's friend didn't like it after 30mins - said it was boring which it was. Comparing to other FF"s though, I'd much rather have FFXIII as a movie rather than a game. kinda seems like what they were aiming for - a linear gameplay to improve storyline progression and smoothness.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
yeah, 360's version is 576p instead of 1080p which is what PS3 is native at. The first full HD game on the ps3 out (as far as I know).

Also, it is a great game but as said - pacing in the beginning is bad which might throw gamers off. Friend's friend didn't like it after 30mins - said it was boring which it was. Comparing to other FF"s though, I'd much rather have FFXIII as a movie rather than a game. kinda seems like what they were aiming for - a linear gameplay to improve storyline progression and smoothness.
Yeah the gameplay was fairly slow at the start but 8 hours in im getting into it a bit. I think uncharted 2 may have also been 1080p?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I have FXIII sitting at home, I made a deal with myself that I had to do a certain amount of uni work before I can start playing it (and it is killing me looking at the box). I was lucky enough to win a ticket to the 360's pre-release (though I naturally got a PS3 copy), and play it for a bit though, and it does look incredibly linear - it is probably like FFX (which isnt a bad thing if the story is ok).

Gah, I really want to play this game...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just booted up FF13 for the past hour or so with my girlfriend and damn it's epic. The graphics are epic. The characters and emotions are epic. Real time battle is pretty fun but we're still learning our way through the game. But then it was time to go back to work :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)