Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
Wesnat said:
Of all the super bosses in FFs from FFV to FFX, Ozma and Emerald Weapon are the ones that I can't beat 100%, meaning that even the best strategies I use for them don't guarantee victory.
Emerald is easy once you know what you're doing :p Not hard to avoid Aire Tam Storm.

W-Item abuse with some spiffy materia pretty much guarantees victory. e.g. Megalixirs, Herodrinks with Mime Materia, Knights of the Round, Enemy Skill materia with Mighty Guard helps too a little.

Ozma I agree is a little more frustrating, but you can heighten your chances of victory by methods people have outlined above and more. You can use any mix of many characters to defeat Ozma e.g. Freya + Dragon Crest, Amarant + throwing some items + Bird Killer, Steiner + Stock, Vivi + Flare or if you're feeling lucky, Meteor :p, Quina with Frog Drog, Angel's Snack and possibly Magic Hammer but I'd rather not waste time with it and Zidane with Thievery or any Trance move. Eiko and Dagger would be healing of curing any status effects. Equipping items appropriately (i.e. ones which absorb or nullify or halve damage) aswell as using magic stones effectively is also key, so obviously higher levels would be better.

You can level up early on by defeating Grand Dragons via Quina and Level 5 Death. Once that gets tedious, you can have a go at Yans :D Give everyone Insomniac and then get Quina to cast Night against them then have fun.

Ozma uses a set of attacks which it will execute, (but will vary in special cases depending on what you do), in a particular order. Go find some FAQs that talk about Ozma and they'll be pretty helpful. Personally I'll just go all out and try to kill him, of course, after stealing all its items.

Maybe I'll play FF9 again during the break from uni since I haven't played it in years..though I think I'll have to get used to the loading times and choppy graphics again :D

I wanted to get Xenosaga but it's not available here and I haven't modded my ps2 or used one of those disc thingies :p

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
Seriously guyz..don't make me choose..its so hard to think where to start about picking which one is my fav. My favs are VI, VII and VIII..all for different reasons

VI, storyline was mad and even though it was a SNES game it had me hooked plus it was probably one of the most fun Final Fantasy game. Too bad I couldn't get the PS1 version, would had looked mad with CG.

VII, storyline was great, character development was no doubt one of the best thing about this game, it went into the history of almost all of the characters, and probably one of the saddest scenes i ever saw...Aeris dying..seriously Square really knows how to make a sad scene. Cloud was a pretty good lead for the game.

VIII, now the storyline for this is more controversial, FF fans either like it or hate it, its that simple, I kinda liked it though. Rivalry between Squall and Seifer was top, I loved the whole sword action in the Opening FMV. Not to mention VIII having the hottest FF babe Rinoa, along with Squall argubly being the most coolest FF lead. Plus the graphics for that was way beyond its time.

Is it me or is Quistis damn hot with the outfit, the glasses and the whip??

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
The CG in the PS1 versions of IV-VI are quite crap, trust me. You can however, still get the PS1 versions if you look hard enough. Some EB's still have them.

equiski

HSC
I would have to agree that Xenogears is fantastic. The story is so epic and convoluted... I love it.

Wesnat said:
Btw, yeah, to the guy who's saying Xenogears is awesome, I agree completely. It's got the best story in a game, and, although the battle system is a bit stale, the story will keep you going for sure. (PS. you should know who my avatar is then ;) )
I much prefer the Xenogears battle system over the one in the Final Fantasy games. As for the 2nd disc, it didn't bother me so much. It is obvious that the game was unfinished though, at least the story remained intact.

Steven12 said:
ohe my god, 35% only vote for ff7. its simply the best, maybe its got something to do with the fact that its my first rpg game, but the story in this game is just amazing!!!!!!!!!! i have played the following ff games but i feel like i dont give a shit what happens to the main charcters in ff8 9 or 10.i dont know if square is ever gona be able to produce something as cinematic as ff7 again, i would love to see a translation of that title on ps2 or something.
I would say 80% of western Final Fantasy fanboys share your sentiments. Its good to know you're not alone, eh.

banana_monkey said:
The CG in the PS1 versions of IV-VI are quite crap, trust me. You can however, still get the PS1 versions if you look hard enough. Some EB's still have them.
The CGs are not worth the shitty loading times IMHO.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
*SPOILERS FOR FFIX*

After I gave some thoughts, I'll have to say...... that FFIX is the best for me. Ironic, since when I first played it I thought it was OK, but not excellent. Playing it through again recently made me appreciate its true beauty....

The world is just so colourful and imaginative, for examples, Cleyra, the village in a big tree; Burmecia, the city of eternal rain; Alexandria, a very traditional fairy-tale capital city; Kuja's Desert Palace, Treno, city of nobles; Chocobo botanic garden; Black Mage Village; Ipsen's upside-down castle, and of course, Memoria, probably the weirdest, yet most imaginative final dungeon in any games I've played .... aaah, so much good memories!

The story is simple, yet deep; for example, Vivi's discovery of life and death, Garnet's anxiety and dilemma in becoming a monarch, and, of course, Zidane's sudden change in character in Pandemonium after discovering his true nature. Yeah, I know the other playable characters don't have very interesting stories, but these three are the main ones, and their stories are very interesting to follow, particularly Vivi's.

I find FFIX's Ability System very satisfying, despite its rather laughable simplicity (although I like the Materia system of FFVII better). FFX's Sphere Grid is kinda interesting, but perhaps too straight forward, and we aren't given a choice of what abilities we should obtain for the majority of the game.

Yeah, I'll have to go with FFIX. It's mostly because of the diverse world it has - it takes me somewhere else, you know, something like that...

MissingInAction

CuRrEnTlY sOmEwHeRe...MoSt LiKely LoSt...OhHh...
HSC
My fave would have to be 8, because it was the first game that I played. I have never played ff7 *cries* but I have played (other than 8) 4, 10, 10-2, and 12. 4 is funny, I believe and it is extremely easy to play. 10 is easy too and the graphics are amazing. 10-2, I personally did not like it at all. 12, I prefered the random encounters...I don't know why...and the story line is not as good as the previous. Still, 8 was my first so, therefore, favourite.:rolleyes:

My favourite game ever would have to be StarSweep, a mix between tetris and dominoes...:p

kenny.

HSC
What's the one coming out soon?
I've only ever watched my bro play no.7 on PS1 when i was little so i hav no idea lol.

Sonata

HSC
^
the latest i think would be the FFXI Expansion though i think it might be out alrdy, FFXII Reverant Wings on the DS is the latest, also FF Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fate? is coming to the DS too.i heard FFXIII got pushed bak to like 2010 lol, hopefully it'll be heaps better

CJS101

HSC
alright, I've played all the number FF(other than 11) and I would have to say that the best one is X.
Before you all start complaining, I was 2 young to enjoy VII and VIII fully and IX and VI were great but the reason why I believe X is great

Sure the story was a bit weird, but that just add to the awesomeness of it not to mention that Auron is one of the coolest FF character to date. Also it was the last game that I believe was a true FF (before square-combined with Enix and started to produce crappy remakes and continuation of story, X-2 ...shiver...)

As for another great series try Shadow Hearts, 2 is the highlight of the series while La Pucelle is great for SRPG

HSC
K here is my order of favs

FF7- Seriously, to me nothing will beat it.
FF8- So underrated! My god!
FF12- Really enjoying this game. I like the new battle system alot.
FF10- A pretty good game, I think Tidus ruined it for me though.

And haven't played the rest but I reserved the last spot for
*DRUMROLL*
FF10-2- Girl power, much? Not the good kind. Grr, hated it!

greekgun

HSC
FFX is the best hands down. Except tidus is a fag. Tis True.
FF tactics is good as, u can never get bord of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)