Final Ranks, should I be as nervous as I am? (1 Viewer)

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
English Advanced 1/9
English Extension 1/2
Business Studies 1/20
Legal Studies 1/12
Society and Culture 1/10
Biology 3/27

What do you think?

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It really depends on your schools rank. You are first in most subjects though and they do align/scale pretty well so as long as you do good in the hsc you will be able to get the 91 atar goal you have in your sig.

Edit: Actually i phrased that wrong, since you are first rank in most subjects your schools rank is irrelevant. I just meant we cant be sure what kind of marks you need to come first at your school.

Last edited:

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
WOW only 9 in advanced... I'm going to assume the schools rank is quite low. Nonetheless, with those ranks, you've given yourself a high chance of achieving your goal.

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
I was actually doing quite bad, like ranking 10th after half yearly's, as science really isn't my strong point no idea why I'm doing biology, but I studied, alot, and ranked 2nd or 3rd after trials, behind by 2 marks. So yeah :)

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
WOW only 9 in advanced... I'm going to assume the schools rank is quite low. Nonetheless, with those ranks, you've given yourself a high chance of achieving your goal.
Yeah my school isn't a high ranked school and it is quite small, (there was like 20 in advanced but alot of them dropped to standard) but hopefully I go well in the exams.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not quite sure what you mean by CSSA/independent?
You're joking, right?
The trials written by catholic schools association thingy or the ones written by the independent schools thingy.

michaeljennings

HSC
I'm not quite sure what you mean by CSSA/independent?
oh probably not then. they are like papers schools buy and use for their trial exams so you can sort of roughly compare yourself with people at other schools, but some schools may mark a little harsher than others.

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
You're joking, right?
Um...never heard the term used before, not my fault. I'm assuming it's whether the trials are set by the school or are bought from certain organisations, didn't want to answer it without knowing what it was so I asked. Sue me.

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
oh probably not then. they are like papers schools buy and use for their trial exams so you can sort of roughly compare yourself with people at other schools, but some schools may mark a little harsher than others.
Ahkay, thought so just wasn't sure. Some subjects had the papers bought, such as my english papers, but I think the majority of the trials were set by head teachers at my school.

Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing?

michaeljennings

HSC
Ahkay, thought so just wasn't sure. Some subjects had the papers bought, such as my english papers, but I think the majority of the tria;s were set by head teachers at my school.

Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing?
Oh nah its not a bad thing, I was just curious because your ranks are really really good so if you had done the CSSA/independent trials and gotten close to 100% for all your exams you would be in with a chance to state rank.

enoilgam

HSC
Oh nah its not a bad thing, I was just curious because your ranks are really really good so if you had done the CSSA/independent trials and gotten close to 100% for all your exams you would be in with a chance to state rank.
Its very hard to predict what a person will get in the externals from trial marks in humanities/english subjects, because marking standards can vary from school to school. In science and maths subjects, its a different story

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
Oh okay :) just fingers crossed I do well in the externals.

HSC
I'm assuming by the number of people in your course would indicate that you attend a rural school?

Then, it depends on the strength of the year12 students in your school.

And lol @ 1/2 for extension. Reminds me of my extension 2 english class. Came 1/3 for internal. My school is big on maths but really loathes english.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm assuming by the number of people in your course would indicate that you attend a rural school?

Then, it depends on the strength of the year12 students in your school.

And lol @ 1/2 for extension. Reminds me of my extension 2 english class. Came 1/3 for internal. My school is big on maths but really loathes english.
There's not even an EE2 class at my school... and the kid coming first in EE1 gets 100% so I don't know why they didn't run one...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)