Final Results (1 Viewer)

Demandred

HSC
200012 Property Law 82 DISTINCTION
200053 Economic Modelling 83 DISTINCTION
200056 Microeconomic Analysis 75 DISTINCTION
200065 Political Economy 84 DISTINCTION

Aye, stuffed up Microeconomic Analysis, I got 1/4 of the exam completely wrong :(. This is the 3rd 84er :burn: damn scaling.

Ah well. I guess I did pretty well. GPA is sitting around 5.75, will never get to 6.0 :(.

Jacks

HSC
Don't worry, I was searching for a GPA of 6...but I'll have to deal with graduating with 5.875, close enough hehe.

What marks did you get last semester, if they were all distinctions too, you have a shot at making the dean's merit list.

purplemonkey

HSC
:( Shit this semester;

Foundations of Asia 51 PASS
Inventing Modernity 61 PASS
Contemporary Society 66 CREDIT
Texts and Traditions 62 PASS

GPA 4.375 ....which mean I won't be getting the transfer I wanted :' (

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh - I'll still graduate with the rest of you. I'll make sure of it. Even if it means resubmitting work all christmas holidays :(

dude01

HSC
Wow, results actually came out early! Got 3 credits and 1 distinction. Pretty happy overall... and my gpa is currently sitting at 5.6 after 1st yr. I doubt that I'll ever reach a gpa of 6 though :/

Gurlpower

HSC
4.3 : (

however if all the subjects wherein i scored 62-64 had been credits i would be 5 exactly

Super_Flyse

HSC
Woo! 4 passes!
I'll take what I can get...
Though, evils of group work...

300113 Indigenous Tourism 54 PASS
300457 Nature Based Recreation 50 PASS
300509 Recreation Planning towards Sustainable Tourism 56 PASS
EH322A Wildlife Tourism 52 PASS

GPA: 4.375

ChiK

HSC
N/A
>Accounting Info for Managers = HD - yay!!! (don't you just love accounting!)

(if anyone is interested, I will sell my past Accounting quiz papers and exam papers for $20 - there is about 3x Quizes, 5/7 Final Exam papers all with solutions)

>Marketing of Services = D - bit disappointed here.....

>Brand n Product Mgmt = C - seriously hated this subject!!!!
(the tutor should get stuffed!!!!)

>B2B Mktg = C - well..... the final exam was kind of hard esp. the m/c qs.

L

LaraB

since ppl are offering to sell stuff lol..

I'm willing to sell copies of my Australia and the Global Economy Essay if anyone wants its - i g ot 99% for it and was told it was only 99 and not 100 because if they give 100s they get really really heavily scrutinised for it

Not selling though for people to duplicate it - which would be a stupid idea anyway since lecturers tend to remember stuff :p

EDIT: thought i'd add - I just found out that i came 1st in the unit so yeah - willing to sell/give notes n stuff to people or tutor people since eveyrone always bitches about it being a hard unit at a later stage if anyone wants

Last edited by a moderator:

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
200047 Australia and the Global Economy CREDIT

200132 Business Information Systems Development I CREDIT

200138 Advanced E-Commerce PASS

H2852 Virtual Organisations CREDIT

MG102A Management Foundations PASS

Passed All 5 subject, completed 11 subjects this year alone with credits and passes!!! which I would never dream of when I was in UNSW CSE engineering lol

graduating next semester!

Last edited:

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
sparkl3z said:
klh i calculated mine but cos 1 of my subjects isnt up yet they only used 3 instead of 4 spring subjects in the calculation so far.. im really worried about my gpa though, its way below 5, and i think im screwed for post grad if i dont get all HDs next year :( but then i heard that if ur score is crap in first 2, and excellent in last yr u can still do postgrad or they still offer u honours, does anybody know the extent of truth in this?
isn't most course work postgrad only require you to have a degree. I have checkt UWS and UTS, and currently they only need a degree for their master course work for commerce/business. UNSW only require you to have a high pass ie 60-65. Both USYD and MQ require 65 average mostly or you can attend their graduate diploma then transfer to master.

Jacks

HSC
How it works in some cases is that you need a GPA of 5 excluding your first year. The university boards (and honours applications need to be approved by two separate panels) realise that as a first year you're really only starting to get the hang of things...and they tend to give you a bit of a grace period based on that.

Like I said in an earlier post, if you're looking at doing honours specifically just apply anyways, there are cases where people with below 5 have been accepted, and references from tutors are accepted in those circumstances. I can't speak for other things other than honours...but having just applied and had my application go through the process I know a little bit about how it works.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
I attained 4 C's and a D, GPA to date of 5.412. Not too bad, would like to nudge it above 5.5 next semester... subsequently accepted into CSU as well, so Goulburn here I come..:)

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
i think i'm the only engineering student who posts on here...oh well. these were my results:

intro to structural engineering: 71
soil engineering: 69
environmental engineering: 65
management foundations: 66 (very easy subject but VERY HARD marker/lecturer/tutor)

Gurlpower

HSC
i cant believe there are people here trying to flog exam papers.

thats unaustralian.

p.s. for the desperate men out there there available at library archives for FREE

fai69

HSC
Jacks said:
How it works in some cases is that you need a GPA of 5 excluding your first year. The university boards (and honours applications need to be approved by two separate panels) realise that as a first year you're really only starting to get the hang of things...and they tend to give you a bit of a grace period based on that.

Like I said in an earlier post, if you're looking at doing honours specifically just apply anyways, there are cases where people with below 5 have been accepted, and references from tutors are accepted in those circumstances. I can't speak for other things other than honours...but having just applied and had my application go through the process I know a little bit about how it works.

How do you apply for honours?I just finished my first year and my gpa stands at 6.1 or so.Does that mean they will only start to consider me after my first year since they said they give you some time to adjust in the first year?

L

LaraB

Gurlpower said:
i cant believe there are people here trying to flog exam papers.

thats unaustralian.

p.s. for the desperate men out there there available at library archives for FREE
wtf? unaustralian pfft

You can NOT get all past papers from the library archives so i suggest the "desperate men" perhaps investigate for themselves rather than taking your advice

ChiK

HSC
N/A
Re: Exam Papers

obvisouly not the recent finals, but mid-term and recent past ones - yes.

Besides - getting hold of such exam papers doesn't hurt anyone nor is it cheating seeing that the lecturers let us keep them.

question is do the library ones offer fully explained solutions?

For example, Accounting and Statistics - such subjects are very difficult for many people and exam papers are very diff to come by. I know that from these 2 subjects alone 20% of students fail EVERY SEMESTER! (close to 100 /500) That's actually a real worry...

Having access to exam papers will give persons struggling or perhaps those who are very good at these subjects help them prepare and revise even better...... Gives a good indication of what type of questions to expect rather than worrying over studying the entire textbook when in fact it maybe add to more stress rather than being useful at all.

re: "flogging" - well - nothing comes free in this world!!!! of course - you can all sell them to other people afterwards! and get great marks! WIN-WIN :wave:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)