Finally decided what I want to do and where (1 Viewer)

Shazer2

HSC
Well, I've been wondering for a while where I should study and WHAT I should study. I think I've finally come to a reasonable conclusion and that is studying a Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology at University of Sydney.

I feel I'm aiming a little high, but I AM willing to put in the effort to get there. The ATAR cut-off this year was around 80, and that's going to be a hard task for my current mind-set.

I'll need the motivation from the people of BoS to help get me there! :)

Shazer2

iBibah

HSC
It's good your thinking about it, but your only year 11, so don't "conclude" just yet...

Shazer2

HSC
It's something I've wanted to do for a while now, but I was always drawn towards Wollongong and Newcastle. I think USyd is for me, if I can make it there.

Aysce

HSC
Listen, 75 ATAR is not difficult let alone 80 if you put some effort in. With your subjects, it is very possible all you need is to put in some effort - if you want 80 guaranteed, I recommend you put in the hard yards. Your results may even surprise you in the end. As stated by iBibah, your choice of a desired course may change and you may require a higher ATAR.

My advice: Work your butt off in year 12 and I can very well guarantee you that you will achieve at LEAST 80. Obviously I don't know how good you are, but 75 ATAR is the MEDIAN ATAR it is not difficult to achieve if you are willing to sacrifice and take the time to study your subjects.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Listen, 75 ATAR is not difficult let alone 80 if you put some effort in. With your subjects, it is very possible all you need is to put in some effort - if you want 80 guaranteed, I recommend you put in the hard yards. Your results may even surprise you in the end. As stated by iBibah, your choice of a desired course may change and you may require a higher ATAR.

My advice: Work your butt off in year 12 and I can very well guarantee you that you will achieve at LEAST 80. Obviously I don't know how good you are, but 75 ATAR is the MEDIAN ATAR it is not difficult to achieve if you are willing to sacrifice and take the time to study your subjects.
+1, very well put.

Shazer2

HSC
Thanks, that gives me a bit of confidence. I'm petrified of my ATAR. Last year the people of my school who were consistent workers and worked hard struggled to push past 80, that's what makes me a bit scared.

I'm willing to put in the work to get there, so now it's just up to me to do it.

Asinine

HSC

What i did. I averaged 40% in year 11 and was told to drop out or apply for Tafe. This gave me motivation and so in Year 12 i turned super saiyan and studied my ass off. I now go to usyd.
My motivation for anything hard is: I dont like the feeling of working hard, but i like the feeling of success.
You can do it!

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
Dear Diary

Well, I've been wondering for a while where I should study and WHAT I should study. I think I've finally come to a reasonable conclusion and that is studying a Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology at University of Sydney.

I feel I'm aiming a little high, but I AM willing to put in the effort to get there. The ATAR cut-off this year was around 80, and that's going to be a hard task for my current mind-set.

I'll need the motivation from the people of BoS to help get me there!

Shazer2

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
What i did. I averaged 40% in year 11 and was told to drop out or apply for Tafe. This gave me motivation and so in Year 12 i turned super saiyan and studied my ass off. I now go to usyd.
My motivation for anything hard is: I dont like the feeling of working hard, but i like the feeling of success.
You can do it!
Similar story also !

Well, I was getting 20-40% in year 11 and was poorly ranked in all my subjects. I was ranked like 3rd last in 2 unit maths LOOOL (Even though I did some tutoring, I did not study) and in bottom half for every subject except Economics. The sneaky deputy priciniple told me that my dream of getting a descent ATAR was impossible, my science head teacher told me that by dropping 'chemistry' my ATAR would be in heavy jeopardy from doing 10 units and yeah I also worked hard too and now I am doing Law :)

To the threat starter, if you can't get 80 ATAR, then USYD is not for you! I can gurantee you just need to put in 2-3 hours of study in year 12 after school and you should be fine!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I remember when I got complacent in Prelim English and was ranked like... in the middle of the class - 7/13, iirc.

Then HSC came along and I was like "must do well" - and eventually got 2/13.

i know, somewhat anti-climactic

but there was one person in that class we all knew was going to come first and everyone else was really just competing for second, and i happened to escape that wrangle on top

which was gr8 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)