Finals coming up >:( (1 Viewer)

Tortilla

HSC
N/A
MGMT IS THE FREAKIN SHIZ
Check this out for example of its greatness --- PG 326
"Although the MBTI is very popular, it suffers from one major criticism. It lacks evidence to support its validity"

Oh that right? WHY THE **** DO WE HAVE TO LEARN ABOUT IT THEN

kinda like...
"Although the theory that the world was flat used to be very popular, it suffered one major criticism. The world isn't flat"

The topic is going to be personality theory, check out the lecturers comment "hmm.. two topics... hm that might help you study" or whatever... THe only one from list of 15 with clearly two topics is personality theory and its the only one that even fits this retarded case study.
I am the freaking master of MBTI AND the BIG 5 MODEL BABY.. IF it is anything else then I will be drawing on the multiple choice questions for inspirations to write two essays!!!!!!!!
WTF is with the jack asses on blackboard trying to relate it to like organisational culture though... SERIOUSLY!!

PS> My prediction-
Essay 1: Describe the first three characters personality in the context of the MBTI framework
Essay 2. ..................last.....................................................................Big 5 framework

$100 paypal donations accepted if i'm right and got you all HD'z
I think those questions are two similar, the characters personalities are so similar

Jonneeh

HSC
MGMT oh the memories.

When we did it our 2 essay questions were on the case study they released earlier.
One of the questions was pretty much summarise the arguments/commentaries made on the case.
and the other was some bogus one about employees or something.

As most people have stated, if your good at bullshitting and can throw in random MGMT jargon you already got your self a distinction.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
MGMT oh the memories.

When we did it our 2 essay questions were on the case study they released earlier.

One of the questions was pretty much summarise the arguments/commentaries made on the case.
and the other was some bogus one about employees or something.

As most people have stated, if your good at bullshitting and can throw in random MGMT jargon you already got your self a distinction.
ahhaha yes! Now i remember what the essay was on. Heaps easier than what you guys are probably gonna get

Ours was on management, work spaces and floor planning or something

halapenyo

HSC
fuk it seriously. i need 20% tomorrow to pass this course. ill be happy with that. who cares about WAM.

(probably be unemployed in about 5-6 years)

HSC
waking up for an 8:45 exam that i will most definitely fail at 6 tomorrow is a dreadful feeling

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
is anyone still on
does personality theory include all that crap about locus of control, mach etcetc

jkli

HSC
N/A
Theories relating to how to establish and maintain an organisational culture.
does anyone know what they are? :( the lecture slides are absolute shit.

Lumix

HSC
fuk it seriously. i need 20% tomorrow to pass this course. ill be happy with that. who cares about WAM.

(probably be unemployed in about 5-6 years)
That is exactly how I am feeling about this subject right now as well. The only thing I studied for was the 15 topics which they mentioned. This course is so unorganized and unstructured. The content was pretty interesting even though most of it was just opinions of how to 'properly' behave.

Why bother making us learn all these concepts when they are only going test a small fraction of them?

Jonneeh

HSC
Ahh its just bullshit buddy, just going to have to do well in the real courses to bring it back up.. I'm on just below a pass (pending tutorial marks, whats the bet I get 0 even though I spoke up during every tute), but its screwed no way I am a mid credit for essay writing screw you mgmt retards..

Good luck kiddies, I'm off to form norm storm and PERFORM1/!!
(new motto for getting psyched)
Didn't you do MGMT last semester?

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
LOL what the heck was that...
1) the sample MC was not a good representation of the real thing. was heaps harder but bearable (I suppose). and they were retarded enough to have two of the same question in the exam (which I didn't know the answer to..damn)
2) no idea wth that model was...pretty sure I just invented a whole new theory myself.

just hoping I passed overall because no way in hell do I want to repeat that course

Last edited:

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
lol I put down fayol for that, I don't know if it's right though

yeah, I wrote something along the lines of that too , finished none of my essays. that model just threw me off completely, fark. basically wrote the exact same thing in both the questions too :| lol.

oh well, got other crap to study for now

JohnnyBravo1

Banned
HSC
I'll write to the fucking dean about this shit, there's independent learning and then theres fucking "why the fuck should you even go to a single lecture considering we aren't going to teach you what you need for the final assessment anyway, all the assignments are going to be based on 2-3 pages of the textbook and you should just read the fucking book instead of showing up"
I guess when they said "all required readings, and lecture materials are assessable, they weren't fucking kidding.
Sounds like MGMT1001 is up to their old tricks again. I did the subject next semester and I have to say that I felt the exact same way. Why do they bother collecting feedback at the end of the semester if they aren't going to change anything?

For the bold bit I think you mean "they were fucking kidding".

You will also be happy to know that they basically change the textbooks every semester to stop students from selling second hand books (and thus decreasing the profit that the school of management gets from selling new books). If you want to sell your textbook, do it fast.

Also, the Dean has probably heard everything before. The Dean most likely knows about the rogue school of management. It seems their main priority is to keep the custom textbook sales coming in, not prepare students for the exams so that students get marks that correlate with their participation throughout the semester. They should just piss off the school of management to the faculty of arts.

Just remember that it is only one subject and will not affect your WAM too much in the scope of things.

Last edited:

JohnnyBravo1

Banned
HSC
LOL what the heck was that...
1) the sample MC was not a good representation of the real thing. was heaps harder but bearable (I suppose). and they were retarded enough to have two of the same question in the exam (which I didn't know the answer to..damn)
2) no idea wth that model was...pretty sure I just invented a whole new theory myself.

just hoping I passed overall because no way in hell do I want to repeat that course
No one fails MGMT1001. Some people get screwed over heaps and get really low pass marks, but no one will fail it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)