Firms Throw Up New Hurdle: Unemployed Need Not Apply (1 Viewer)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
average male height (gen y) is something like 5'11 1/2

average (white) iq is 100, 65% or so of whites fall between 85-115 IQ

those arent particularly demanding requirements and you can grant them some leeway i guess

decent fitness level is the most rare though lol

fatties are prob fine really since fat men can often be pretty strong or intimidating

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Yeah the requirements aren't exactly strenuous, it's more the amount of people who are that body size, of average intelligence and physically fit that would actually decide to join the police force. When most that fit that description could easily be an apprentice from 16 and be a fully qualified (insert tradie profession) by the time they'd get into the academy earning more money and not being stabbed/shot/assaulted/dealing with dead bodies, etc.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
id say it's pretty important to have a pretty good police force

as i said those would be ideal conditions but itd be fine to provide considerable leeway if you cant meet those targets with the applicant pools you're working with

i don't know about 16 years old i doubt most police officers arent high school graduates

how much do they make anyway

female police officers would have to be an extreme resort in the lack of any decent male applicants

HSC
police make fuck all

you have to be 19 to join the academy i think

the police force is digusting anyway

fuck the police

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
According to http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/recruitment/frequently_asked_questions, they earn $57k to begin with. That's above average for a young person, but I'd assume that it plateaus to being below average the older you get. (obviously the pay would increase with rank, etc. but by that time it'd be below average anyway)

The conditions of work for a police officer are pretty shit, but you'd probably get your medical bills paid for, plus sick pay or whatever if you were injured on the job. Plus you get to carry a gun which is pretty cool.

I'd agree to a degree on females being unsuitable for the job, but you know, if they want to get themselves assaulted and knifed because they can't get a job elsewhere, that's their prerogative imo. I don't particularly care about the welfare of officers especially when they're enforcing ridiculous victimless crimes and are fully aware of the perils of the job. I don't think they should be paraded as heroes as they are most often, due to that fact. "I do a job that I've been fully informed of all the dangers BUT I AM A HERO BECAUSE OF IT GIVE ME A FUCKING PARADE".

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah cops dont make shit it looks like no wonder so many police ive met seem like real thickies

lol i dont think we should exaggerate how dangerous police officers jobs are though

99% of the time youre sitting there in a car eating big macs and doing nothing

its not like australia is detroit or south africa theres not that much to worry about here in terms of crime

im sure there are rarely any incidences of OFFICER DOWN after the police get out of their car after rolling up to a domestic dispute call at mungo browns council house

Last edited:
HSC
yes im not sure policing is any more dangerous than other professions

someone should research this

afaik mining and farming are the most dangerous

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
lol people who think that mining is just a job you can shack up to a site one day and get a job with no skills are so retarded

HSC
ok having heavy vehicle licence might be a prereq for some jobs but there are a lot of labourers on $100k with no quals

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
ok having heavy vehicle licence might be a prereq for some jobs but there are a lot of labourers on $100k with no quals

Not true.

100% media/Tony Abbot bullshit.

HSC
i personally know of several people working as labourers in cadia gold mine, northparkes mine and some cobar mine who earn up to $100k p/a including my father for a period in 2009

HSC
cadia itself has barely any employees at orange, because 90% of the workforce at most mines are constantly changing contractors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)