First day at uni (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
2nd year subject, suppoed to be a full house but plenty of spare seats. In the first year subject I went to I had to sit on the floor first before I found a seat.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Does anyone know when the Centrelink start-up scholarships etc. are paid?

Also, Basser steps are nothing compared to what Bowral High kids had to contend with every day.
I went and asked the other day...They pay on you payment date after the date that you start uni. so your next payment.

terminator69

HSC
Lol. How come?
Some are just dickheads, some are annoying as hell by talking throughout lectures. Last semester I hated having someone with a laptop sitting infront of me because they'd be, doing all sorts of crap like refreshing facebook, typing loudly, playing pokemon and watching Robin Williams stand-up with earphones in. Why bother coming to the lecture? And the other group of people seem OK but because i wasn't a vigilante trying to make friends in my first year, everyone just ignores me. I guess always sitting alone in lectures makes me more susceptible to distractions. :( I hope all the first years have a better uni experience than I'm having.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
got the 8 am bus got there at 8:20 turns out thats the only bus that gets there early enough so 40 min wait in the cold.

1 hour lecture at 9 on differential equations then went home gg uni

NewiJapper

HSC
Had my first lecture on torts, which actually cleared a lot up :/, then a 6 hour break because of no tutorials in the first week, then a riveting seminar on australian legal system.

Not the best day.

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
Urgh, my first day consists of 3 lectures.. and repeats ever week for 12 weeks........ *sighs*

lec 1 = 10am-11am
lec 2 = 11am-12pm
lec 3 = 1pm-3pm

and......i bet I'll fall asleep towards the end of the 1st lecture..

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
first day tomorrow

walked around unsw today as my male sibling gave me a tour around campus

encountered 70% students of the asian species with a few gangas running through

glache

HSC
N/A
Urgh, my first day consists of 3 lectures.. and repeats ever week for 12 weeks........ *sighs*

lec 1 = 10am-11am
lec 2 = 11am-12pm
lec 3 = 1pm-3pm

and......i bet I'll fall asleep towards the end of the 1st lecture..
What degree do you do?

Deathless

HSC
wow

I'm actually physically tired coming home from uni although I've only got 3 lectures. Too much walking around -_-

Deathless

HSC
also lol at first year girls wearing heels
lol @ people wearing jumpers, skinny jeans in this weather and at people carrying designer bags that can't fit anything (and fake LVs)...

Deathless

HSC
got the 8 am bus got there at 8:20 turns out thats the only bus that gets there early enough so 40 min wait in the cold.

1 hour lecture at 9 on differential equations then went home gg uni
Do you live in college or outside?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
it was boring. lecturers just talked. people wrote notes. I swear, almost half the class was about to fall asleep (if not already asleep).
so boring

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Some people in lectures are retarded. There was one guy today who had an iPad in front of me today. He played games on it for a while then decided he would write in Chinese on it, hold it up and wave it about until what I assume is a friend of his across the room saw it and done the same thing. Rinse and repeat several times, writing (in paint or something similar) on an Ipad in Chinese and holding it up to send a message to someone across the room. Frigging idiots they are.

glache

HSC
N/A
wow

I'm actually physically tired coming home from uni although I've only got 3 lectures. Too much walking around -_-
I think it's like that for most people--certainly was for me.

B.Nursing (city) at UTS. :)
Ah no wonder--there's something about lectures for sciency subjects being all clumped together isn't it? (esp something like nursing where I think you'd have nursing-specific subjects so it's not like you can schedule breaks between different lecture streams?)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Arrived at 8:50ish
Went to chem lecture, lol'd silently at how easy it was (hurrr metals conduct electricity)
Bought my lab coat
Went to change timetable at mereweather
Made flyers to sell 1st year economics textbooks, stuck em on noticeboards @ mereweather
Got a call 30 mins later from asian who could barely speak engrish, she want to buy
Went to broadway, had lunch
Saw the movie unknown
went home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)