First Day of Uni... (1 Viewer)

Shakugan

HSC
MATH1110 is considered a very easy course by pretty much everyone, especially in comparison to MATH1210 which can be taken instead. If you're struggling with it because you only did 2 unit maths, make sure to attend the math clinic regularly (though you really should have done a bridging course).

ELEC1700 is an easy but fun course. Fred is the man. Seriously, get to know Fred. It'll make things much easier for you over the next couple of years.

HSC
Uni Grad
That reminds me, I forgot all about my weekly readings. Darn. I have some reading to do.

Ourimbah is awesome. Don't know if we'd ever all be there on the same day for a meet-up though. I'm only there Mondays and Tuesdays.
5 days a week for me :S

HSC
Uni Grad
My tuesday is 8am-9am :(
As for monday 3pm-4pm class, 5pm-7pm class.

This reading is progressing at an insanely slow rate.

Kelly47

HSC
My tuesday is 8am-9am :(
As for monday 3pm-4pm class, 5pm-7pm class.

This reading is progressing at an insanely slow rate.
Man that sucks. Having to get up so early just for a one-hour lecture. If I could give you half of my day, I would. :)

I do wonder if I'll end up getting my readings done. I didn't really do a whole lot of them last year.:uhoh:

HSC
Uni Grad
Man that sucks. Having to get up so early just for a one-hour lecture. If I could give you half of my day, I would. :)

I do wonder if I'll end up getting my readings done. I didn't really do a whole lot of them last year.:uhoh:
So hard trying to go to sleep at midnight when body is used to ~5am lol.

So are readings not particularly essential to going well or what?
As a n00b I just assumed they p much had to be done or you'd be completely lost. Not that I'd stop reading them ofc, would still be better to.

Kelly47

HSC
So hard trying to go to sleep at midnight when body is used to ~5am lol.

So are readings not particularly essential to going well or what?
As a n00b I just assumed they p much had to be done or you'd be completely lost. Not that I'd stop reading them ofc, would still be better to.
Yeah I can't sleep that early, so typically whenever I turn up to that 8am lecture I'll be running on 0-3 hours sleep. Woot. I was so mad when the lecturer said she'd be taking attendance.:mad:

With the readings it will greatly depend on the course. Personally I only read things if they helped me in an upcoming assignment. I started out trying to read everything, but found it was often a waste of my time so kinda decreased my efforts.

But yeah definitely read everything if you can be bothered. You never know how useful it will be.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't get any (or maybe very little) sleep wednesday night and suprisingly it didn't screw me over that badly for thursday.

Yes, I was gunna say wtf was up with that, who takes attendance at uni?

I've almost finished ch 1 & 2 of that Winch book (can't remember if it's for the same course), it feels like they could say all they needed to in about 2-3 pages as opposed to 38 but anyway.

Kelly47

HSC
The only good thing about her taking attendance is that it'll almost guarantee I'll go to my lectures which are straight after, which otherwise I may have occasionally slept through. :)

I've got that book too and I think it's for the same course. Nice to know I've got 38 pages of needless rambling, if I do end up reading it.

There is only one text book I can really be bothered reading for this course, and that's the grammar one. I like grammar. :)

HSC
Uni Grad
ha, well that and the first 16 pages of that "write ways" book too :S

Not sure but I think the grammar one may be more for practical purposes, I haven't looked at it yet.

Kelly47

HSC
Hmm I don't think we'll actually end up using the grammar one much in the course, so you're probably right.
I had a similar textbook for another course last year, and we never actually used it... that was for Foundations of Teaching. Not sure which course you'll be doing instead of that one.

I suppose I'll try to read some of it tonight before I get to sleep in the morning. All of it if it's interesting. Somehow. :)

HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's Foundations of Primary and Secondary Education now, probably much the same thing.

Yeh, I don't really wanna leave it too late or it'll take too long to read, I gotta train the subvocalising outta me but I think that's impossible now. Doomed to a life of moderately slower reading :(

I find it interesting and yet boring at the same time, really quite strange.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Yeah, i get the 7.12 Mon - Wednes, let me know.
Far out! Why so early? You'd be getting to Warrabrook station at around 8.15, right?

My first classes are at 9am, so I was thinking about taking the 7:21 (or 7:38 if I was running late).

Kelly47

HSC
\

Yeh, I don't really wanna leave it too late or it'll take too long to read, I gotta train the subvocalising outta me but I think that's impossible now. Doomed to a life of moderately slower reading :(
That sounds like what I do too. :( I just can't read something without imagining someone actually saying it. Makes it take so much longer. Oh well.

Do you catch the train to uni or drive? I've got to get up at 6am on Tuesdays to catch the train. :/

MailMofo

HSC
Far out! Why so early? You'd be getting to Warrabrook station at around 8.15, right?

My first classes are at 9am, so I was thinking about taking the 7:21 (or 7:38 if I was running late).
Getting the 7.12 gets you to Hamilton at about 7:50 or so, then you have to wait for the Hunter service, then walk that trek and a half to the university.
My mate got the 7:21 for her first lecture at 9AM and was late.

Just PM and we will organise what ever.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
That sounds like what I do too. :( I just can't read something without imagining someone actually saying it. Makes it take so much longer. Oh well.

Do you catch the train to uni or drive? I've got to get up at 6am on Tuesdays to catch the train. :/
I'm busing or lifting atm, should have P's soon enough hopefully. I only live like 10-15 mins away :D

I gotta up at 6 on tuesday too cos dad drives past there on way to work, convenient yet shit at the same time.

Kelly47

HSC
Ah nice. I'm more like 40 minutes away, and I'm seriously doubting whether I'll end up getting my Ps or not. Haha. I have until June.

That would suck having to get up so early for it. I suppose you can kill time in the IT block. That's where I spend most (all) of my breaks. :/

HSC
Uni Grad
Well I tried that on thursday and no one was online and bos was p much dead.
I just ended up wandering around aimlessly for 1 hour 20. It was the worst.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)