First impressions of yr 11 (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha we kinda just skipped that chapter =P I had double maths today, wasn't too bad.

Can someone help me with this:

Form a pair of simultaneous equations and solve them to find x and y, given that they are rational.

I've completely forgotten simultaneous eqns.
x-3 = -1 > Equation 1
Sqr root (y+2) = Sqr root (5) > Equation 2

Then you square both sides for equation 2 to find y?

EDIT: x = 2, y = 3

zombies

HSC
Oh and I finally bought skyrim and it arrived in the mail today =P I'm really excited but I'm making myself do all my homework.. haha

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Haven't you accelerated though?
It's a weird story.

My school's time table only had room to allow me to do either 3U or 4U a year ahead, so I chose 4U and did 3U at home by myself.

I've already done circle geo before, was just mentioning that's what my class started off with.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I know exactly what you mean.
:/
You guys started off with Chapter 4 right off the bat, while we are still doing Chapter 1 :/
But I think Chapter 1 is quite important (despite, the easiness usually) because having good algebra in 3U is SO important...
Chapter 1 (Algebra) is the best starting topic for good foundation! (You need top-notch algebra in 3U)

wildchild666

HSC
So far, I've gotten absolutely no homework in maths. The teacher says "just go at your own pace," so i just do nothing... :(

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A
I'm actually more inclined to do my homework this year. Its gonna be a long year.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm actually more inclined to do my homework this year. Its gonna be a long year.
Wait until Novemeber comes around and you'll be wondering where on earth the year went. Trust me, it'll fly by :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)