First in Course List (1 Viewer)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
You think Krycer is gun...

I think...well, this would have to be the same person.

Amelia Joy Thompson first in Cosmology - Distinction Course.

The following taken from the Abbotsleigh website:

2003 HSC
"Joy Thompson Year 10, studied the university based Distinction Course in Philosophy. All were awarded High Distinctions. Lysandra topped the State in this course and Joy placed second."
2002 HSC
"Joy Thompson, Year 9, scored in Band E4 for HSC Latin Extension and Japanese Extension and scored our equal top mark in Latin and our top mark in Japanese Extension"
2001 HSC
"Joy Thompson, Year 8, scored in Band 6 for HSC Latin and Japanese and scored our top HSC mark in Latin"

Now, that's what I call GUN.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Looks like the media discovered her as well:

Daily Telegraph - Life after lessons: pursuing different careers

Another bright student celebrating her top marks yesterday was Amelia Thompson, who began her HSC when she was 13.

Yesterday, the now Year 11 James Ruse Agricultural High student became top of the state in Cosmology, which she did via correspondence through Charles Sturt University.

The advanced student has studied more courses than most pupils her age at university -- including Latin,Japanese and philosophy. Not content, she decided to add cosmology to her list of credits because it "sounded interesting".

"It's not all about stars and planets, or even maths.

"It's more physics related and that was very interesting.

"I learnt a lot about the general history of cosmology," Amelia said.

televators

HSC
holy hell...that is all one can say- and to think i was touted at age 5 to reach these dizzying heights, ....o well, if i get into my course, thats enough for me, hehehe

Miikke

HSC
theres this chick...she went to my sister's school and now shes in ruse -class 2005

her names joy thompson -i think...

shes crazY..apparently shes already completed 24 units and has done the university course of Japanese with distinction....o-m-g

she transferred from Abbotsleigh to Ruse cuz abbotsleigh wasnt smart enuf for her or something lol

i rekn its somethin wit da thompsons' :O

lala2

Banned
HSC
is joy thompson gifted or something? for a person with exceptionally high IQ who's not gifted to achieved that kind of mark is just unthinkable (well, to me anyway...)

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Miikke said:
theres this chick...she went to my sister's school and now shes in ruse -class 2005

her names joy thompson -i think...

shes crazY..apparently shes already completed 24 units and has done the university course of Japanese with distinction....o-m-g

she transferred from Abbotsleigh to Ruse cuz abbotsleigh wasnt smart enuf for her or something lol

i rekn its somethin wit da thompsons' :O
Yeah Joy Thompson left Abbotsleigh because James Ruse dangled a juicy carrot of a scholarship to her :p

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Persephone87 said:
Yeah Joy Thompson left Abbotsleigh because James Ruse dangled a juicy carrot of a scholarship to her :p
Scholarship for James Ruse? What do they offer, $1000 to cover their school fees?

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Templar said:
Scholarship for James Ruse? What do they offer, $1000 to cover their school fees?
Who knows WHAT The Factory offers. If she's so keen on studying, why not go to university? I mean you couldn't have that many friends taking so many different classes with so many people from so many age brackets.

rumour

HSC
wow I didn't realise it until someone pointed it out, but I know her!!!:

Spanish Extension Pouy, Maria Saturday School of Comm. Lang. Kogarah High School

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Persephone87 said:
So she went to a place that would allow her to fulful her academic potential - how dare she :p . Maybe scholarships aren't just about how much money you're saving or how pompous you can become, it's called a scholarship - hence it's about learning...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)