First Place in Course List (1 Viewer)

roli

HSC
WOW, nice job sharon and pasindu you beasts!!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
WOW, nice job sharon and pasindu you beasts!!
I reckon! They make me so happy to call myself a baulkite!

LOL you beat sharon internally, I'm betting you nabbed a sexy state rank of some description!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I think it's ignorant to say "Girls are smarter than boys" just by going off how many subjects girls got first places in compared to boys - as is the tone of that article. There are like 60 languages available and it's well known that girls are more likely to take a language than boys - so obviously, they'll be winning. And add to that some subjects like Textiles, Society and Culture, CAFS and all those 'girl'-esque subjects - no wonder.

Fail reporting? I think so...

roli

HSC
I reckon! They make me so happy to call myself a baulkite!

LOL you beat sharon internally, I'm betting you nabbed a sexy state rank of some description!
I really don't think so, but I'm thankful that I'm gonna be getting an awesome internal mark. =D

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I really don't think so, but I'm thankful that I'm gonna be getting an awesome internal mark. =D
Sharon just bought you the best internal in the state, you lucky, lucky man! But yeah dw, out of the next 19 people on the English adv. list, I'm sure there will be a few more Baulkos =)

speedofsound

HSC
I don't really see the purpose in that article other than to stir up some gender-infused controversy, but I guess it's somewhat interesting nonetheless. It doesn't really matter anyway, firsts in subjects can't really represent the cohort as a whole.

But anyway, I'm on that list too for Society and Culture!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Shout out and congratulations to Oscar Wilke for first in French Beginners, and also to Madeline Greer for first in Philosophy!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/nsw-girls-outdo-boys-in-hsc-20101214-18wac.html

Girls have outperformed boys by nearly two to one in the HSC First in Course awards in NSW this year.

Seventy girls achieved first place in at least one subject, compared with 37 boys.
From this article:

"John Wormell, a Sydney Boys High School student from Burwood, did his first HSC exam at the age of 10.

At the end of year 7 he had completed his HSC mathematics.

Now, at 16, he has completed a total of 15 HSC units and walked away with the first prize in Classical Greek Continuers."

Hmmm....I never knew that kid did his HSC so early....

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I don't really see the purpose in that article other than to stir up some gender-infused controversy, but I guess it's somewhat interesting nonetheless. It doesn't really matter anyway, firsts in subjects can't really represent the cohort as a whole.

But anyway, I'm on that list too for Society and Culture!
So you must be... Melanie, or Rachel.

And if you are Rachel: Hi Rachel! Do you remember me? I called you 'dense' in Year 10... <_<

But you knew what it meant. So my plan was ruined =(

And regardless of what your name is: Congratulations! :spin:

speedofsound

HSC
From this article:

"John Wormell, a Sydney Boys High School student from Burwood, did his first HSC exam at the age of 10.

At the end of year 7 he had completed his HSC mathematics.

Now, at 16, he has completed a total of 15 HSC units and walked away with the first prize in Classical Greek Continuers."

Hmmm....I never knew that kid did his HSC so early....
Everyone was like "WTF 10 YEARS OLD" when Verity Firth said that today.

So you must be... Melanie, or Rachel.

And if you are Rachel: Hi Rachel! Do you remember me? I called you 'dense' in Year 10... <_<

But you knew what it meant. So my plan was ruined =(

And regardless of what your name is: Congratulations! :spin:
I'm not Rachel, sorry! :p But thank you! :D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Ah, so you must be the Melanie person.

I suck with 50/50 shots. In the words of my Physics teacher, "A fifty-fifty shot is never as such for me".

That brings me to a funny story, I was chosen by my teacher to answer a question with two possible answers (the dreaded fifty-fifty shot) - my immediate response was to go for the one I thought was right, and then realised 'I suck at 50-50 shots', so I changed my answer to the other one. And got it right! =D

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
so proud of the peeps from my grade who topped + one year eleven :) :)
and also hats off to baulko for topping eco, that was a rank enviously eyed by certain people i know ;) [also, sounds like a lankan person so YAY lankan pride =D]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)