First year commerce. (1 Viewer)

LOLA!!!!

HSC
N/A
Is it easy to achieve a Wam of 70 in first year commerce?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
You don't even have to try. Just avoid being mentally retarded.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's not too difficult. If you apply yourself you should be getting around there or higher.

writer'sblock

HSC
as long as you read and work you can get distinctions in anything;
I'd suggest to anyone doing Commerce it's best to combine it with a bachelor of arts for a few reasons; it's better to have 2 degrees not 1; it's better to have a wider rangeof knowledge and employers care more that you can think and analyse, which is what BA are designed for; the skills complement eachother - business and languages or politics enable you to work in more parts of a large company in Public Relations or in International Business - and more importantly for the Commerce die hards, the assessment schedules are different meaning you do not have 4 mid year exams but 2 at one time, the work load is spread more over the semester.
if the work load is spread more means less rushing and better results along with more fun with moer time and less stress.
BA/BCom i think it best way to do a BCom, if you go to the ANU a BAPS/BCom would work just as well - even better as it's easier.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
as long as you read and work you can get distinctions in anything;
I'd suggest to anyone doing Commerce it's best to combine it with a bachelor of arts for a few reasons; it's better to have 2 degrees not 1; it's better to have a wider rangeof knowledge and employers care more that you can think and analyse, which is what BA are designed for; the skills complement eachother - business and languages or politics enable you to work in more parts of a large company in Public Relations or in International Business - and more importantly for the Commerce die hards, the assessment schedules are different meaning you do not have 4 mid year exams but 2 at one time, the work load is spread more over the semester.
if the work load is spread more means less rushing and better results along with more fun with moer time and less stress.
BA/BCom i think it best way to do a BCom, if you go to the ANU a BAPS/BCom would work just as well - even better as it's easier.
Ignore this. It's a load of biased bull.

writer'sblock

HSC
Ignore this. It's a load of biased bull.
well what do you think opinion is?
there is no objective truth when offering advise.
you reject it as 'biased' as it is not of you own 'biased' opinion.
i disagree with the idea that you have complete intellectual hegemony and a monopoly on the truth.
You telling someone that i'm biased is just as well based as me saying you're biased.
now i'm of the understanding that most people do have opinions, and are therefore not entirely objective in their thinkings.
though I have provided reasons for why i think a BCom is well suited to a combination with a BA, I don't see you defuncting them. and you providing your reasons as to why a BA is a bad idea.
I will admit i think what i think - and by that assertion you think what you think, we are both entitled to think what we think, provided there is a logical process of reasoning which underpins it.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
well what do you think opinion is?
there is no objective truth when offering advise.
you reject it as 'biased' as it is not of you own 'biased' opinion.
i disagree with the idea that you have complete intellectual hegemony and a monopoly on the truth.
You telling someone that i'm biased is just as well based as me saying you're biased.
now i'm of the understanding that most people do have opinions, and are therefore not entirely objective in their thinkings.
though I have provided reasons for why i think a BCom is well suited to a combination with a BA, I don't see you defuncting them. and you providing your reasons as to why a BA is a bad idea.
I will admit i think what i think - and by that assertion you think what you think, we are both entitled to think what we think, provided there is a logical process of reasoning which underpins it.
Ignore this too. They've moved onto biased, metaphysical bull.

writer'sblock

HSC
Ignore this too. They've moved onto biased, metaphysical bull.
This is quite biggoted in the sense that everyone must comform to what you think.
excuse for quoting Voltaire but it's approriate. "I may disagree with what you say, but i will defend your right to say it to the death."
You don't just disagree with what i say, but you don't allow criticism, you don't allow desent, you don't allow other opinions. This is the very basis of totalitarian regimes, which control the totality of the citizenry.
This may be news to you , but there are other opinions and those opinions has just the same right to be heard as yours.
I invite you to engage in the arena of ideas and debate, to argue your case.
why is your position any better than mine, "just 'cause" doesn't stack up.
Or is that all that a Commerce/[classical]Economics student can muster?

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
This is quite biggoted in the sense that everyone must comform to what you think.
excuse for quoting Voltaire but it's approriate. "I may disagree with what you say, but i will defend your right to say it to the death."
You don't just disagree with what i say, but you don't allow criticism, you don't allow desent, you don't allow other opinions. This is the very basis of totalitarian regimes, which control the totality of the citizenry.
This may be news to you , but there are other opinions and those opinions has just the same right to be heard as yours.
He isn't doing any form of an Arts degree, he wins.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Oh, look. They played the "you're basically Hitler" card. How quaint. And bigotted.

Epic

HSC
I obtained a D average for the year and put in nowhere near as much effort as high school. Depends on your courses really but generally first year Commerce / Business isn't all that hard. Management courses are an easy HD, I recommend doing a couple of those if you want to bring your grades up a bit for the year lol.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Management courses are an easy HD, I recommend doing a couple of those if you want to bring your grades up a bit for the year lol.
Definitely depends on what your good at though. I flew through MGMT really easily. Some of my friends though, who were more Math based struggled with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)