First-year IT Camp 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buy me LOVER

HSC
JimmyK said:
when's the date for the 2nd english test.. cause i wont be in sydney tomorrow.. and I'm not travelling 2.5 hours on the train just to do an english test.
Thurs 2nd March 6pm

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
buy me LOVER said:
I just don’t see the point of sitting a test that I’m not going to benefit from. The sheet states that ‘special conditions may not be granted’ if you choose not to sit the test… but I’m not eligible for any special conditions anyway- English is my first language.
Special conditions are not just for people with language problems. It could also mean stuff like if you happen to fail a subject and you go to appeal, then they might not be as easy on you because you didn't do the exam (especially if its a more non-technical IT subject).

joolee

HSC
i still couldn't figure how to get to building 6 =P i know im noob, think i'll go there with my friend.. :santa:

some girl

HSC
I believe this english test is a conspiracy where they are plotting against us to sabotage what hope we had left of ever escaping english... :bomb:

HSC
how long does the test go for? at first i thought it was 90 mins....i think i read it somewhere before but now i'm not so sure cos i can't find that info anywhere.

maybe after this test, we won't have any exposure to english regarding tests or exams. hopefully.

ngocdang

2nd Yr BIT @ UTS
HSC
Hope everyone went well in their english exams today =)

just wondering,
What did everyone think of this camp this year???
Did you guys have an awesome time making heaps of new friends?

personally us Yellow Shirts loved it! and thought you guys were soo much fun =D

ngocdang

2nd Yr BIT @ UTS
HSC

just wondering,
Do you think we should keep running it for the next few years?

We would greatly appreciate your feedback =)

hope to see most of you again around building 10 soon

Last edited:

joolee

HSC
ngocdang said:

just wondering,

hope to see most of you again around building ten
yer ive made a few friends, camp wasn't bad at all, better than i thought =) but i reckon everyone got realli tired n constipated on the third day... overall, it was ka.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
hehe.. I didn't do my english test today :p
Camp was great - better than I thought - you guys did a really good job of keeping everyone interested.

I've uploaded some of my photos to my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jameskirsop/sets/72057594065646858/ - If that link dosn't work, let me know!

DJ Yianni's CD that was auctioned off is pretty darn good by the way.... I'm glad I bid on it!

Last edited:

joolee

HSC
i was, but i dunno why, the food there was ok. lol but when you sit on the toilet you just dont feel like it, i mean.. look at the bugs n spiders next to you =/ wont like sittin there for 20 min

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
JimmyK said:
hehe.. I didn't do my english test today :p
Camp was great - better than I thought - you guys did a really good job of keeping everyone interested.

I've uploaded some of my photos to my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jameskirsop/sets/72057594065646858/ - If that link dosn't work, let me know!

DJ Yianni's CD that was auctioned off is pretty darn good by the way.... I'm glad I bid on it!
my backs turned on photo 9 =O, thanks james
=)

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
bahaha, oh bugs and spiders ... how fun.

someone go through and circle themselves + other bos members and repost those photos ... that way i can add you all to my stalk list :)

T

tactic

Good to see you all had fun!! Maybe I will see you guys around Building 10 one of these days...

leeraff

HSC
ngocdang said:

just wondering,
Do you think we should keep running it for the next few years?

We would greatly appreciate your feedback =)

hope to see most of you again around building 10 soon
the camp is vital to kick starting ur social life at uni. my first year i went ended up having a great time, spending the entire night with another dude and 2 chicks on a mattress outside, near the vending machinces, just chatting and stuff, (no funny business) ;). shit like that is how u make friends that last for ur entire course and most prob long time after it as well. if u think its goin to be lame then ur right, it most probably will be for u. go lookin to have fun and do, what the yellow shirts have planned, as a team player and you'll meet a heap of ppl.

and for all those who just went on it, go for yellow shirt next year, because thats when the real fun begins ;) im sure all the 2nd years enjoyed my year's drunken antics, because i know we did....i dont think the camp staff did though..just a thought. hehe

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
leeraff said:
and for all those who just went on it, go for yellow shirt next year, because thats when the real fun begins ;) im sure all the 2nd years enjoyed my year's drunken antics, because i know we did....i dont think the camp staff did though..just a thought. hehe
Your eyes are open to another world being a yellow shirt. Try out first years when you get the chance. It's worth it

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Beaky said:
Your eyes are open to another world being a yellow shirt. Try out first years when you get the chance. It's worth it
how they pick out yellow shirt people normally?

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Huratio said:
how they pick out yellow shirt people normally?
There will be an announcement on the "http://start.it.uts.edu.au" page later in the year.

There will be a sort of "try-out" session and you will be selected if you are what they are looking for (prob based on personality, working-skills and also depending on how many from your course are trying out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)