First Years (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Infinite Dandy said:
What's so funny, jumb? It's entirely possible. My boyfriend went through his Arts degree attending no more than 2 days per week. With the classes I've chosen I have 10 contact hours. Providing the timetable doesn't change for the courses I've chosen (I really, really hope it doesn't change) then I'll come up Tuesday morning, stay at a friend's place that night and head home Wednesday evening after my last class giving me 5 days at home to study, do assignments and have a life in Sydney.
Arts is funny.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Infinite Dandy said:
Yup! But if there are any problems then I'll just discuss it with someone and hopefully they'll be able to help me. Because I'm travelling so far they should be able to sort something out. *crosses fingers*
the distance that you are travelling will mean nothing in terms of trying to swap tutorials... neither will any children you have, any work committments you may have (no matter how closely related to your degree they may be)........they don't like sob stories... if you start to ask people to swap and bend they wont get to like you....

Infinite Dandy

HSC
PrincessSJ said:
the distance that you are travelling will mean nothing in terms of trying to swap tutorials... neither will any children you have, any work committments you may have (no matter how closely related to your degree they may be)........they don't like sob stories... if you start to ask people to swap and bend they wont get to like you....
Thanks for your help. I've spoken with someone at the Uni and due to my special circumstances I will be able to be allocated into Tutes even if they are full. (And no, my special circumstances aren't just the fact that I have to travel.)

wind

HSC
Master of Pharmacy.

Staying at Teds too...I think I'm going to be one of the older student there lol

~untitled~

HSC
wind said:
Staying at Teds too...I think I'm going to be one of the older student there lol
WOW! you got in there :O. congrats! I applied, but missed out :p, lol.

wind

HSC
~untitled~ said:
WOW! you got in there :O. congrats! I applied, but missed out :p, lol.
Surprisingly! Since there wasn't much time between trimester starting next Tuesday (oh joy...) and announcements being made last week, I had to arrange for accommodation off-campus in case I didn't make it in. Didn't expect to make it so thanks! lol

good luck with the application if you're still wanting in. :)

Last edited:

~untitled~

HSC
wind said:
Surprisingly! Since there wasn't much time between trimester starting next Tuesday (oh joy...) and announcements being made last week, I had to arrange for accommodation off-campus in case I didn't make it in. Didn't expect to make it so thanks! lol

good luck with the application if you're still wanting in. :)
Haha, im still on the waiting list, but i have secured a house to live in. Off campus is going to be pretty hard coz ive never been to newcastle before, oh well itll be fun randomly driving around the place trying to find stuff :p.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
jirwin said:
B Visual Communication Design. Going to major in Graphic Design
I know a guy doing just that. He's also in his first year, and he is working with me at the AIC desk too. :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
~untitled~ said:
Haha, im still on the waiting list, but i have secured a house to live in. Off campus is going to be pretty hard coz ive never been to newcastle before, oh well itll be fun randomly driving around the place trying to find stuff :p.
I'll show you around.

in3rtia

HSC
So whats the closing date for enrolment (I've already accepted)?

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
~untitled~ said:
B Speech Pathology. Callaghan
Hey me too!

I have a question for the general public: I'm trying to enrol in classes online, and I know what classes I need and how to add them and everything, but when I go to add them I need to type in a Permission Nbr(I'm assuming means permission number) but I have no idea what this is. Anyone care to shed a little light on this?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)