Fisher Effect (1 Viewer)

Nupil

HSC
N/A
When everyone becomes obsessed with Fisher library and starts seeing drab old professors in pink smocks?

Well it's better than nothing!

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Argh it's to do with damn MP ... are we meant to be able to understand it for our HSC?

"The fisher effect is in a model where inflation is expected to be steady, the nominal interest rate changes one-for-one with the inflation rate" .... Don't tell me I have something more to learn...

Is that claiming that the RBA changes nominal interest rates as a direct response to inflation increases?

Edit: Um ... where's the original post by Jackson18? I just realised it was actually in the thread ... ?

Last edited:

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
i really dont think that is in the syllabus..

B

Bambul

I learn't about the Fisher effect 2-3 weeks ago. But then again, I'm in second year university, not year 12. You don't need to know it.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by Bambul
I learn't about the Fisher effect 2-3 weeks ago. But then again, I'm in second year university, not year 12. You don't need to know it.
yay relief ! thansk bambul i was stressing over this too..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Bambul
tsk, u should've learnt fisher effect last year in Macro 1

saves.the.day

HSC
Edit: post no longer sounds scary :)

Fisher effect is not in the syllabus.. it is therefore not required to be known. The rubric states "apply economic terms, concepts, relationships and theory" so knowing things like that may help but not knowing will not be detrimental in affecting your ability to get a band 6.

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
saves: don't scare people. Keynesian analysis maybe, but i've never heard of those other things's u've mentioned. U can do fine without them. Its the analysis and ur understanding of the economic relationships that is most important.

When it says apply economic concepts and theories, they're referring to those *in* the syllabus. I mean otherwise, why stop there? Make people start applying game theory and a-beautiful-mind-esque stuff?

Saves, its good you know that stuff, and if you understand it and can apply it well, then all power to u - but don't scare everyone else unnecessarily.

Last edited:

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by timmii
saves: don't scare people. Keynesian analysis maybe, but i've never heard of those other things's u've mentioned. U can do fine without them. Its the analysis and ur understanding of the economic relationships that is most important.

When it says apply economic concepts and theories, they're referring to those *in* the syllabus. I mean otherwise, why stop there? Make people start applying game theory and a-beautiful-mind-esque stuff?

Saves, its good you know that stuff, and if you understand it and can apply it well, then all power to u - but don't scare everyone else unnecessarily.
Sorry. It wasn't my intention to scare anybody. Yeh just to clarify, you are correct, as those points like rostovs aren't in the syllabus and you will still be able to get band 6 without them. Just stick to the syllabus. Sorry if I scared people.. I serisouly didn't mean to do that. I'll go edit my post now.

is a roflcopter
HSC
lol what did he post? uni stuff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)