Fitness First Free Holiday Course (1 Viewer)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Schools usually have this deal running (well they hand out those flyers) each holidays, so it probably is legit, I've been given those numerous times, just never bothered going.

starshine02

HSC
Oh I know it would be legit but I was just wondering if they actually have trainers there or is it just you get to use their equipment for free?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh I know it would be legit but I was just wondering if they actually have trainers there or is it just you get to use their equipment for free?
I'm assuming it's use equipment and be a part of group classes, no one on one?

"...everyday of the school holidays where they can use a variety of gym equipment and also participate in Group Fitness classes"

bertstare

HSC
I tried it about 2 year ago. I'm not sure if it applies to every branch but the one I went to there were no classes so you used the equipment yourself.

starshine02

HSC
Oh ok thank you! I think I'll try sign up for it for the coming school holidays because I think I need to start taking care of my health :\

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
That seems really interesting! I might sign up :)

jnney

lemon
HSC
Yep you can just use the equipment either by yourself or with your friends if you guys decide to go together.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
2 weeks at the gym won't do anything.

Tbh you're better off doing your own stuff at home. That way after the holidays you can continue the same routines.

starshine02

HSC
I'd just like to experience what it's like to use proper exercising equipment and I was thinking about buying a treadmill anyways because I enjoy running except I don't know the feel of them.

tomodachi_

HSC
its really good especially because its free and its kinda fun if you're with friends
I've also heard that the average weight gain for girls during HSC is like 8kgs which is pretty depressing

Diadochi

HSC
The first time you enter, they should give you a rundown on how to use the equipment properly, and a free tour of the gym. Then after, you just use whatever you want. It's good to go for the experience, to see whether or not you would like to join a gym in the future.

starshine02

HSC
Sigh i think i would be a gainer because whenever im under stress i just eat a mountain of chocolate...

divid20

HSC
Hi,
I think its only for fun not for proper training they only offer this because they want that his equipment are in proper working during holidays.

starshine02

HSC
Ok well i've done it for a few days and i'll write a short rundown of what happens. Basically you hand in a form before the holidays and they call you soon after to confirm details and when you have to turn up for 'induction' - which is just this 30min thing where you meet other people also doing the course and you get a free bag and they show you around the gym. Then you are free to just go use most of the equipment (not allowed to use strength equipment for anyone because you have to be 18+). I found it pretty enjoyable and the centre i went wasn't extremely full or completely deserted but i thought it was quite nice to at least do some exercise :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)