Fitzpatrick math book made me very sad. (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Good.

I thought we needed 1. The ability to solve exponential equations using logarithms
to do sequences and series but maybe we dont, because my school is doing series and sequece and we havent down the logs yet.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Shoom said:
Good.

I thought we needed 1. The ability to solve exponential equations using logarithms
to do sequences and series but maybe we dont, because my school is doing series and sequece and we havent down the logs yet.
actually u do need to know log for some questions my bad

trailblazer

HSC
lyounamu said:
Ok. Here is my story:

I was never good at maths til last year term 4 when I actually started harder due to my poor accelerated prelim maths results.

I was getting 50% if not 60%. My results were actually like yours. But do you know what I did? I utilised the holidays to my advantage to the fullest. I worked really hard in those days. I studied 2 hours just on maths every day during the holiday. During the great christmas holiday, I consistently worked and I managed to get all my prelims up to date. I constantly revised and finished all the questions from 2 unit fitzpatrick at the end. By the end of the holiday (christmas holiday), I finished the whole yr 12 hsc topic for maths and half of hsc mathematics extension 1 topics. Not only that, I completed all the yr 11 topics that I haven't covered very well during my prelim year (for maths).

In the first assessment I did in term 1 this year, I got 100% in maths and 97% in mx1. Even though I lost some of that momentum, I kept those marks up till now where I got 119/120 in 2008 CSSA Maths paper (which is at a similar level with HSC) which was the top in my year by 7 marks. In my extension 1 trial, I didn't do very well but I still scraped about 80% which was 4th highest mark including yr 12s who previously accelerated and repeated.

But you may be taking this as an extreme case. But not at all, I am a very normal bloke with normal brain. I am poor at explaining and poor at getting some facts in. I also find it very difficult to express myself at times. But my consistent studying during that holiday really gave me some awesome start to the year. And I kept that momentum throughout the year. It was hard but I managed it.

I strongly believe that HSC is not about how much intelligence you naturally hold or how good you are at grapsing new knowledge. I reckon it's more about managing time effectively, keeping that momentum going, studying effectively, coping with stress and utilising your environment to the fullest.

I strongly believe that anyone can do achieve to my extent if not better. If you are a naturally talented kid, that's better as it will prob take you less time to achieve the same result. 1 month of studying consistenly for 2 hours DOES MAKE A bloody difference. So why not give it a go?

By the way, make sure you keep yourself entertained during that time. You don't want to burn yourself. Take things slowly and put other more important things into perspective - family, friends and etc. And relaxation is the key to success. I never studied maths more than 2 hours a day during that time because that's my full capacity - 2 hours. (even though I increased that capacity by 6 hours in the last few days). Slowly increase your limit and don't over do yourself - cannot stress enough. BUT if you find it difficult to continue with maths, drop to general. I would have done the same thing if I just couldn't do maths. Hope that helped. :) :) :)
Inspiring. All hope is not lost.

Last edited:

laureese

HSC
lyounamu said:
Ok. Here is my story:

I was never good at maths til last year term 4 when I actually started harder due to my poor accelerated prelim maths results.

I was getting 50% if not 60%. My results were actually like yours. But do you know what I did? I utilised the holidays to my advantage to the fullest. I worked really hard in those days. I studied 2 hours just on maths every day during the holiday. ..........

......... Hope that helped.
omg namu where were you last year!!!!!!!!! man if i read that post at the end of year 11, i would have been inspired and motivated to get my act together..

as of now i am screwed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)